New regime

joemerald

I have decided to start a new regime. I will be relaxing my hair tomorrow and my new regime will be as follows.

Three days after relax (Sunday) - Use Emergencee.
1 1/2 after relax (following Sunday) - Color to cover grey.
Week 2 - Condition Wash only with Motions Moisture Silk (this is protien and moisture and my hair loves protein)
Repeat Condition wash for the week 3 and week 4.
Week 5 - Shampoo and clarify with baking soda and follow with Emergencee.
Weeks 6, 7, 8 Condition Wash
Week 9 Clarify, Emergencee
Four days after (Thursday) - Relax
Report Process
OK, I noticed that the more I manipulate, the more hair I lose in the washing process and I notice I can get my scalp clean by massaging the conditioner through. Therefore I will only shampoo once a month and clarify to remove buildup, followed by Emergencee. I realise that my hair loves protein, as a matter of fact, I recall when I was using Emergencee once a month I had no shedding, that started when I stopped because I thought it was too much protein.
Finally, I have mixed a bottle of oils (from Surge), conditioner and bottled water which I have started spritzing on my hair at night and in the morning. This will be my daily routine, in addition to some Olive Oil Moisturizer or Profective.

What do you all think. Any suggestions?

Jo.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Hey there

I don't think it's such a good idea to use Emergencee so soon after your relaxer. What kind of relaxer are you getting and are you doing it yourself?

joemerald

Yup, I do it myself and use Motions Oil regular. I thought it was good to use a strong protein a few days after to help regain strength after a relaxer. Advise.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Well, I discovered that using a strong protein after a relaxer (I only know this to be true with lye relaxers because that's what I have) too soon will cause it to revert. I confirmed this with my stylist also. I was using something even milder than Emergencee also
(Joico K-Pak)

joemerald

Hmmm. Ok, but I had done this some months ago and i did not get reversion. Will try again and see what happens. I do remember you had that experience though.

Jo.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Well, if memory serves me correctly--Emergencee has Collagen and Elastin proteins in it and not Keratin so it may be safe. Why don't you just try it on a small section first and if it's fine, then go for it.

bimbabe

Sounding good Joe.
You may want to use Emergencee a week or two after like Supergirl suggested. I have had reversion too.

How are you doing? When are you coming back?

Are you still surging?

Tene

I was gonna buy some emergencee the other day and the lady told me do not use of right brefore or right after a relaxer. She said use it a week before and a week after a relaxer.