New SheaMoisture Line - Jamaican Black Castor Oil

reeko43

I was in Ulta today and almost purchased but I have 4 cvs rain checks I can use for bogo free. The sales person informed me that the sale applied to all

bydebra

My hair loves this line. I have every product. I'm really surprised, too, because I've never been too big on Shea Moisture (even though I love the smell of the pink line).

I got it at CVS (before the BOGO -___-).

Embyra

Yesssss the castor oil line is now in stock here

I'm Supposed to be watching my budget but errrrrr....I want it !!!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Saw the Masque (and other stuff) in CVS yesterday. Picked it up & put it back down.:lol:....:look:

Guess I should try the Manuka masque I already have 1st.:spinning:

The Purification Masque is the only thing from this line that I actually buy & keep in my stash.

reeko43

Totally love the leave in and masque. For the past month I have only used the leave in and a bit of oil on top for my wngs and have, received so many compliments. A person on the, subway told me my hair smelled great and had to know what I used. This line and the manuka honey have toally changed and simplified my hair game.

oneastrocurlie

I think this line is coming to Target eventually. The shampoo is shown online at Target.com but says it's unavailable....for now.

Pennefeather

I decided to try the leave in this past weekend after having major setbacks with my hair which included pulling out massive amounts of hair. I wanted something that would give me more moisture than the products that I used.

I have been very pleasantly surprised with the leave in. I find it to feel "slick" and soothing on my hair. I haven't really noticed a smell, but I like the way that it feels. I like the fact that it is lighter and less oily than the shea butter mixture that I created.

Up till know, I haven't been a big fan of Shea Moisture, but I may try some more of their products.

Babygrowth

Love this line. Didn't care for anything else of SheaMoisture but this leave in and masque is good. Will go back and get the shampoo.

MACGlossChick

I have finally figured out what these products smell like... Licorice! *gags*

Anyway, I've been using the leave in pretty much every week since I got it. I have barely made a dent.

ajargon02

I have the leave-in condish from this line. My hair HATES it.

Anyone that wants it, just pay shipping and it's yours! Pm me!

Leo24Rule

I use 2 products from the Shea Moisture Black Jamaican Castor Oil line which is the edge control (only use to lay down my hair in the front; my edges are fine) and the leave-in conditioner. I've been on the hunt for the shampoo, but can't find it and I've been looking around too. So, I'm going to buy it online. How do you like it? What's the hair serum for and how do you use it?

KinkyRN

I used the entire line on my daughters hair which is thick and a little longer than shoulder length. That leave in works as a detangler like magic

image-3035898282.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using LHCF

niknakmac

The castor oil in this line is so minimal that I think the titles of the products are misleading. Your almost better off adding the castor oil yoourself to your hair products than buying this line specifically because of the castor oil benefits. I have the deep mask and honestly it hasn't wowed me. It's ok I prefer their shea butter deep mask. JMO

Healthb4Length

I finally got the chance to use the masque from this line. I was a little hesistant b/c of my lackluster experience with the Manuka Honey line but this one really impressed a Pj:yep:. Hair was soft, manageable and remained moisturized even after dry. I will keep this one in rotation.

NowIAmNappy

Purchased the deep conditioner and leave in yesterday and washed my hair last night. I absolutely love this line and my hair smells amazing!

Smiley79

I agree! I finally used my raincheck and got the DC and Leave-In...I have only used the leave in as a daily moisturizer so far. I love the scent and it is really moisturizing. I cant wait to try the DC!

PlainJane

Why did I come in this thread. I've never tried a shea moisture product before but I really want to try this masque and leave in. I'll be on the hunt for this this weekend.

Smiley79

I was not a fan of the Shea Moisture line period, but this year I was happy to have found the Purification Mask (LOVEEE) and now this JBCO line...the other products have a been a no-no for me.

Karmi

I finally got my hands on the deep treatment masque and I am in love! you guys keep this stuff out of stock lol. I really liked the purification masque, that was my staple. I have found my holy grail deep conditioners.

Going to hit up all the targets and CVSs in town to stock up lol.

TrulyBlessed

This line is the truth! Purchased the shampoo, masque and hair lotion yesterday and I love the results. The shampoo gives a lot of slip and the lotion did a great job as a leave in. The masque has great strengthening properties but I didn't get any slip and it caused some tangles. May try as a pre-poo next time. The shampoo and lotion do not contain coconut oil which is a plus for me. The products define curls well and I got my shrinkage back which I'm happy about. This line is excellent for hair that loves and needs protein, especially keratin.

baddison

natural for good
I tried this line....but it was definitely too strong for me! My natural hair was a bit hard and stiff after styling with the leave-in and the hair lotion. It certainly has a lot of proteins in it. Guess I'll be using it very sparingly for protein treatments - maybe every other month or so.:yep::yep:

Harina

I bought the shampoo and my hair feels very clean and moisturized. The smell isn't the best but whatever I've learned that when it comes to my hair sometimes smelliest is best.

Does anyone use this weekly or so?

naturalmanenyc

I have the Purification Mask and the Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo but I've given away all other items from SheaMoisture. I may pick up the JBCO leave-in and the Manuka masque though since CVS has a great return policy.

naturalmanenyc

I picked up the JBCO leave-in and it has a distinct play dough smell. It does seem moisturizing but I'm not sure it plays well with other products. I ended up washing it out.

I didn't buy the styling lotion because JBCO was too far down on the ingredient list to make it worthwhile in my opinion.