new technique?

longhairluva

There is this stylist from Atlanta that my anunt knows. She's very good too. Well she roller wraps her clients head in the direction of a wrap. She places four rollers in the top and the rest of the rollers are roller sideways and in the direction you wrap hair. I have always thought about doing my rollersets this way but I thought it would come out right. I'm going to try this on wash day and see how it comes out.

RabiaElaine

BabyImaStarr said:
This sounds interesting. Be sure to report back after yoyu try it! Has anyone else tried this before?

I've thought about trying this but never have...I too want to know how this works out and if it was difficult to place the rollers.

blackbarbie

My stylist in MS used to do some of her clients hair like this and others, she just wrapped all the way around w/o any rollers. Except she would place 2 in the very top of the head going back and one on each side going down. Then she would wrap the remaining hair around the head. The result would would be a straight wrap with a lot of body but she would push up the part where the rollers were and there was a little "hump". When she combed the hair down, she accentuated the part where the rollers were by pushing the hump up in the crown of the head. There were clients that requested she did it like that and they liked the hump; for my personal taste, I wasn't too fond of it, but I did my hair like that a few times to cut down on the drying time:lol: and I could still have straight hair!

longhairluva said:
There is this stylist from Atlanta that my anunt knows. She's very good too. Well she roller wraps her clients head in the direction of a wrap. She places four rollers in the top and the rest of the rollers are roller sideways and in the direction you wrap hair. I have always thought about doing my rollersets this way but I thought it would come out right. I'm going to try this on wash day and see how it comes out.

Isis

blackbarbie said:
My stylist in MS used to do some of her clients hair like this and others, she just wrapped all the way around w/o any rollers. Except she would place 2 in the very top of the head going back and one on each side going down. Then she would wrap the remaining hair around the head. The result would would be a straight wrap with a lot of body but she would push up the part where the rollers were and there was a little "hump". When she combed the hair down, she accentuated the part where the rollers were by pushing the hump up in the crown of the head. There were clients that requested she did it like that and they liked the hump; for my personal taste, I wasn't too fond of it, but I did my hair like that a few times to cut down on the drying time:lol: and I could still have straight hair!
How much drying time did you save doing it this way Blackbarbie? Did you make a "hump" also?:)

Longhairluva - thanks for the info. I too look forward to hearing/seeing how your hair turns out.:)