New Tropical Traditions Coconut Hair Oil - Any reviews?

crumbling_images

I'm currently experimenting with Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil Hair Treatment and things are working out fine for now. I just read on the Tropical Traditions website about their new coconut hair oil called Organic Hair Oils

Organic Hair Oils with Virgin Coconut Oil from Tropical Traditions

According to the site...

In recent years, coconut oil has been popularly used for natural hair treatment with African hair types. Audrey Sivasothy, a writer on the Yahoo associated content network, has done research on "Black Hair Care" and notes that coconut oil is an excellent choice for a pre-treatment before the hair is shampooed, as well as an excellent sealant on dry hair. She writes: "Many black women suffer from hair porosity issues as a result of our styling choices. Coconut oil's ability to prevent protein loss and reduce hair porosity makes it a valuable oil for those who chemically relax, regularly heat straighten, or permanently color their hair." Those in the "natural hair" movement have repeatedly testified to the benefits of switching from harsh chemical treatments to pure coconut oil. Their testimonials in public places like Twitter are very numerous. Sivasothy comments:

Coconut oil is a very unique hair oil. This versatile, low molecular weight oil is able to leverage its traditional oil status to seal the hair, but complements this sealing capacity with a strong affinity for hair proteins not found in other hair oils. Coconut oil benefits black hair in two important ways. First, coconut oil's hydrophobic oil characteristics allow it to inhibit the penetration of water from the surrounding air and environment. Second, coconut oil is able to bind to the natural protein structure of the hair. This helps the hair retain its natural moisture content and reinforces the hair fiber, making it stronger.2

Tropical Traditions has formulated three different hair oils using our organic Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil along with other high quality organic oils known to nourish hair. Along with the base of organic Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, we included organic jojoba oil, organic macadamia nut oil, organic rosehip oil, organic shea butter, and organic carrot seed oil in each formulation. Two of the formulations are scented with the highest quality organic essential oils available, imported from France: Rosemary and Lavender. There are no other ingredients besides these high quality organic oils: NO SILICONES, NO SULFATES, and NO ALCOHOLS.

Suggested Uses:

For dry scalp: Rub into hair and scalp at least 30 minutes before showering, or before bed at night. Wear a shower cap or towel to protect bedding.

As a conditioner: As a deep conditioner, work through scalp and hair before washing. Leave in for 15 minutes to overnight. For a leave-in conditioner, work a small amount through wet hair before styling and drying.

Shine Serum: Rub a small amount in the palms of your hands and gently run over dry hair. Scrunch for curly hair or rake for straight hair.

Cost: $18.99 for the unscented/8oz. bottle
$19.50 for the scented/8oz. bottle

Has anyone tried this oil yet?

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I see the ads on twitter all the time but I haven't tried it yet. I will say one thing, they are very active with answering questions and promoting usage. When my current supplies run out, I would buy from them.

EllePixie

I haven't tried the oil but I have their coconut oil, which I think is like $18 or so? It's nice but no better than regular coconut oil that you can get from the store for $10.

Tchanelle

I haven't tried the oil but I have their coconut oil, which I think is like $18 or so? It's nice but no better than regular coconut oil that you can get from the store for $10.

I agree I've bought their coconut hair treatment several times but I'd rather go to the Dakalb Farmers market and get the same thing for $6