NEW WEN USER NEEDS ADVICE & TIPS!

NubianPrize

I just used WEN for the first time. Sweet Almond Mint last night ordered from the Wen site as a tryout kit. It came with texture balm,styling cream & Re Moist. It's very good but not enough moisture for my hair. I used a little of each item plus a very little mist of water & got my fine natural 4a/b hair to be moisturized enough to put into 2 fat cornrows that looked nice.The Wen made it very soft after it dried, with very little frizz even tho it needed more moisture.I sense a learning curve here about how much to use. I'm gonna try FIG for next delivery.

My questions are these:

!. Are all the ones I've bolded above necessary? Which ones are best to define curls?

2.I'm a big fan of Kinky Curly/Knot Today for warm weather. Have any of you used them after cleansing with WEN & if so, any special tips on how to apply them?

3. Any products in the Carol's Daughter & Qhemet lines(my faves) or others which work well after cleansing with WEN?

Thank You !

so1913

You can't skimp out on the cleansing conditioner. Use the recommended amount...yes, it seems like a lot and hurts at first to do because of how much you spent on it, but to get the full cleansing and conditioning benefits you must use enough of the product.

Also you may need to try a different formula than the original and universal sweet almond mint. I'm not as well versed in all the formulas/scents as some of the other ladies so I'm sure they will chime in. I can say from experience I prefer the 613 and seasonal ones, which are also "universal" but I feel a little more moisturizing and nourishing than the sweet almond mint. I also have a bottle of Pomegranate to try (also universal, but I've heard more moisturizing/conditioning as well that the sweet almond mint). I've heard that Lavender and Fig are also very moisturizing. I think QVC has discovery kits where you can try the different formulas to figure out which one is right for you.

After cleansing with Wen, I've had success using Oyin Hair Dew as a leave in and eco styler gel (blue). I've had some pretty good hair days since using the combination of these products together.

shenitab

I only have experience with the cleansers at this time. Fig and Tea Tree are my favorite as far as the way my hair feels afterwards. I like lavender the best as far as smell. I have not had any problems using different products afterwards.

lamaria211

I have a question: is using the wen 613 replenishing mist the same as using the 613 cleanser n water in a spray bottle?