New Year No Buy Challenge-April 2024

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I was buying stuff in January. It is what it is and I don't feel bad.

There was a pre-planned purchase I intended to make this weekend but besides that, I'll be on a full no buy for all of February.

CoiledOrchids

i have 1 more use of my last DC---SSI plum nectar and agave. I'll be sad to see it go, but excited to get my starter locs.
I can't wait to have some simplicity in regards to products but i'll miss buying my naturellegrow deep conditioners

I currently have 2 oils and 1 clarifying shampoo left

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
i have 1 more use of my last DC---SSI plum nectar and agave. I'll be sad to see it go, but excited to get my starter locs.
I can't wait to have some simplicity in regards to products but i'll miss buying my naturellegrow deep conditioners

I currently have 2 oils and 1 clarifying shampoo left
I have like 1 conditioner and 1 shampoo. My leave in cream is almost out. I’ll be ok though lol

CoiledOrchids

Getting my starter locs done on Feb 15th! Will be starting them using two strand twists. I showed her the size I wanted and I took pictures so she could see. She said my hair looked healthy and that I was good to go so I went home and booked the appointment.

price is only $95! will be starting with two strand twists. Showed her pics and told her I wanted them done pencil sized

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Getting my starter locs done on Feb 15th! Will be starting them using two strand twists. I showed her the size I wanted and I took pictures so she could see. She said my hair looked healthy and that I was good to go so I went home and booked the appointment.

price is only $95! will be starting with two strand twists. Showed her pics and told her I wanted them done pencil sized
That’s a great price. Lowest one I’ve seen so far. My mom paid $300 to start hers. :(

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This no buy is showing me that I didn’t have the extra money to spend in the first place. I was using plastic. I haven’t charged anything all year! I’m trying to keep that same energy until an emergency situation happens. Paying these cards tf down is still the goal.

My lowest card has $166 on it. I’ll make it zero next month.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
*cough*:look:

I think I might jump on in here for March. Will be back 03-01

For the sake of full transparency, I picked March because V-D, Black History Sales are over and before E.as.ter Sales.

I felt March was a long, but pretty uneventful month for Sales. :dighole:

ETA: Okay wait a minute.....I thought it was just on Beauty/Hair related products? I'm seeing other items like clothing etc... please clarify.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
*cough*:look:

I think I might jump on in here for March. Will be back 03-01

For the sake of full transparency, I picked March because V-D, Black History Sales are over and before E.as.ter Sales.

I felt March was a long, but pretty uneventful month for Sales. :dighole:

ETA: Okay wait a minute.....I thought it was just on Beauty/Hair related products? I'm seeing other items like clothing etc... please clarify.
The No Buy is just for hair products. I took it a step further and cut out all unnecessary spending (including clothes and nail stuff).

HealthyHair2020

Doing good on the no buy for hair. I'm on a low buy for clothes but just bought some cute stuff from Sammy B from Target for Black History Month. I took a couple days to assess what I really wanted and bought just that. I have to envision myself wearing it or styling it with stuff I already have. Only makes sense that way.

Also for hair, I only have 1 protein DC left so will have to break my no-buy in April probably.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Another day I didn’t buy anything. This is getting easier everyday. I don’t even want anything right now. When my tax refund gets here I’ll stock up on paper goods and personal care items for the year. I’m talking Hairfinity vitamins, lashes, lash glue, etc. Lol! I’ll spend a lot at once, then nothing until the holidays.