New Year No Buy Challenge-March 2024

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Due to me overspending in 2022, I am bringing back the No Buy Challenge. I have like 3 unworn lace wigs right now. I’ll be after paying until Spring 2023. The struggle was real. I’m delivert though. For real this time.

Who’s with me?

Challenge rules:
1. Like this post to join
2. No beauty purchases of any kind are allowed for the entire month.
3. Check in weekly for support/motivation
4. You have 1 pass. Use it wisely

My other New Year goals and resolutions include: Biweekly aloe Vera treatments, no more Uber Eats for me and bae (I’ve put on weight), weekly check ins with my besties/close family and I plan to be a lot more engaged with my children.

We got this!

Last edited:

CoiledOrchids

count me in!
I plan on not buying anything hair-related this month. Gonna use up some of my stash and only repurchase the staples. My most recent purchase was my Qhemet Biologics heavy cream which has been my staple moisturizer for the last 6 years. That is one of the only products i'd splurge on. My plan for 2023 is to hit my short-term savings goal and i'm determined to get there. I already have a good budget but I wasted so much money getting braids in 2022, when I feel more comfortable wearing my hair out. The money I spent on braids and haircare in general could've saved me 10k

demlew

I'm in, but I don't want to count buying my relaxer products as my 1 pass (pleeaassee) LOL I'm 16 weeks post and just decided I can't take it anymore.
My no buy will focus on hair products. I keep searching for the holy grail of moisturizers, so I have tons of leave-ins, butters, creams, etc. I'm going to use what I have if I had decent results.

As far other goals, etc - I have trouble with consistency, so I'm focusing on one thing per month. For January, it's cleaning up my sleep hygiene since sleep quality affects everything in life. I overeat, overspend, and don't wake up in time enough to exercise when I'm tired. For February, it's finances. March will be fitness.

ETA: Adding to my no buy: makeup and perfume.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm in, but I don't want to count buying my relaxer products as my 1 pass (pleeaassee) LOL I'm 16 weeks post and just decided I can't take it anymore.
My no buy will focus on hair products. I keep searching for the holy grail of moisturizers, so I have tons of leave-ins, butters, creams, etc. I'm going to use what I have if I had decent results.

As far other goals, etc - I have trouble with consistency, so I'm focusing on one thing per month. For January, it's cleaning up my sleep hygiene since sleep quality affects everything in life. I overeat, overspend, and don't wake up in time enough to exercise when I'm tired. For February, it's finances. March will be fitness.

Are we the same person? Cuz dang. I overeat, overspend, all that. Your scheduled relaxer won’t count as a pass since that’s in your normal routine. No extra unnecessary purchases though, unless you come across a sale too good to pass up.

CoiledOrchids

I forgot to say that I do have a $25 gift card from amazon that I gifted myself for Xmas. I could use that for something to treat myself with once my stash is gone!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I’ll join. I literally have enough products for a year or more. I spent so much last year on hair and skin products I don’t want this year to be a repeat.

This year I plan on whittling down my stash to only the staples which will be mostly proclaim products

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I forgot to say that I do have a $25 gift card from amazon that I gifted myself for Xmas. I could use that for something to treat myself with once my stash is gone!

Absolutely. If it isn’t coming from your personal income it doesn’t count against you. Example: gifts from bae lol.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I think I want to document how much I have saved at the end of the challenge. Even if it’s just an extra few hundred dollars that’s a win! I can use that to start paying down these credit cards.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ladies I was this close to buying a brow tint and wax package from Groupon. I want. Maybe I can take a break from this challenge next month. I gotta get prettied up for Valentine’s. It’s my anniversary too

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So I drunkenly ordered Uber Eats last night. I ended up giving it to my bf cuz I felt so bad. Welp. There’s my pass. It’s going to be a long month…

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
We got through the first week! It was rough, but we made it. I got my hair blown out yesterday and it’ll be a cold week. Hopefully it lasts.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
No hair products this month. But can we talk about how composition notebooks have doubled in price since the beginning of the school year?! I bought several cases so all 180 of my students would have one.

After students moving in and out of my class, it’s time to buy more. Lordt.