New Year No Buy Challenge-March 2024

CoiledOrchids

the no-buy is almost over!
I'll do a lil wash day tomorrow night, instead of waiting until sunday. My scalp is so flaky and dry a nice hot oil treatment should do me some good
I plan on trying sunflower oil after my castor oil and avocado oils are done

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
the no-buy is almost over!
I'll do a lil wash day tomorrow night, instead of waiting until sunday. My scalp is so flaky and dry a nice hot oil treatment should do me some good
I plan on trying sunflower oil after my castor oil and avocado oils are done
I don’t think I’ve used sunflower oil. Is it thick like olive/castor or thin like jojoba?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Man I had to stock up on wine inventory, so I spent money I hadn’t planned on spending. I guess that little shopping spree for necessities won’t happen. My new budget is $10. Dolla sto it is

CoiledOrchids

gonna start wash day early tomorrow morning.

Cowash with 4bellanaturale peach cowash
dc with SSI plum nectar and agave DC
oil rinse with castor oil

The SSI plum nectar and agave DC is my last dc that I have opened. I plan on using it up within the next 2 wash days

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
gonna start wash day early tomorrow morning.

Cowash with 4bellanaturale peach cowash
dc with SSI plum nectar and agave DC
oil rinse with castor oil

The SSI plum nectar and agave DC is my last dc that I have opened. I plan on using it up within the next 2 wash days
That peach cowash sounds yummy

CoiledOrchids

@Prettymetty it is!
I like the slip it gives me. to me, it doesn't really have a scent. I wish it did smell like fresh peaches.

I like cowashing. I think i prefer a cowash to shampoo but I still like to clarify as needed.

i'm hoping when i go for my consultation next week I get some good info as to what my next steps should be.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
@Prettymetty it is!
I like the slip it gives me. to me, it doesn't really have a scent. I wish it did smell like fresh peaches.

I like cowashing. I think i prefer a cowash to shampoo but I still like to clarify as needed.

i'm hoping when i go for my consultation next week I get some good info as to what my next steps should be.
I do too. Especially with a slippy conditioner. I cowashed last weekend with a sample from Kerastase. It didn’t have enough slip for me. My hair feels amazing still. I did a great blow dry.

CoiledOrchids

just did my wash day. That SSI plum nectar and agave DC is nice and had slip but I prefer my deep conditioners from naturellegrow. I'm gonna drop off a bag of clothes to the donation bin in the morning before I go grocery shopping. For sunday dinner, i'm making baked ziti with a homemade apple crisp for dessert.

HealthyHair2020

just did my wash day. That SSI plum nectar and agave DC is nice and had slip but I prefer my deep conditioners from naturellegrow. I'm gonna drop off a bag of clothes to the donation bin in the morning before I go grocery shopping. For sunday dinner, i'm making baked ziti with a homemade apple crisp for dessert.
sounds delicious!

CoiledOrchids

@HealthyHair2020
it is! I love italian food!!! This will be the third time i'm making it. I'm not doing a homemade sauce this time---i'm using a jar of prego sauce and i'm using different cheeses---romano; vermont white cheddar and an italian blend. I'm also cooking the ground beef with red onion and 3 cloves of fresh garlic. I'm also doing some dinner rolls and some brocolli for the side vegetable.

I'm treating myself to a new book on february 1st for completing the no-buy!

I'll be doing another no-buy for february as well!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
That sounds amazing!

demlew

I failed too, but I want to try again. My anxiety is super high right now and my unhealthy coping mechanism is bargain shopping. The next thing I know, I'm in Marshall's then Dollar Tree bc they're next door to each other. Sigh.

CoiledOrchids

the no-buy is over! I'm starting a february no-buy tomorrow.
Loc consult is all set for friday morning and i've already told my sister she can have my other hair products when I set my starter loc appointment

from the january no-buy, I have successfully saved exactly $585. I'm so happy and my savings look great! gonna continue to do a no-buy each month until I finish my oils

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
the no-buy is over! I'm starting a february no-buy tomorrow.
Loc consult is all set for friday morning and i've already told my sister she can have my other hair products when I set my starter loc appointment

from the january no-buy, I have successfully saved exactly $585. I'm so happy and my savings look great! gonna continue to do a no-buy each month until I finish my oils
I was able to save about the same amount! We did it y’all. I resisted the urge to buy anything on the last day of the challenge. I’ll update the thread in the morning for February. I’ll use my pass for February tomorrow to avoid temptation.

HealthyHair2020

Excited to continue on with the no-buy for February! Spent $123 less than I expected to in January. I'll prob be right on or over my February because of a ski trip I have this month. If I can get ski stuff on the cheap, then I will prob be under budget.