New Year No Buy Challenge-April 2024

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I messed up y’all. I just ordered some fashion nova jeans. Before that I got a wife tooth comb (my old one had broken teeth) and some leave in conditioner. I had planned to use my store credit so it wouldn’t count as a pass, but my store credit wasn’t ready yet. I’ll sit down somewhere for the rest of the month. I promise

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I was very tempted in the grocery store yesterday. A spray leave-in almost made it home with me. I don't need it, but I want all the ones I do have to 'match their set' with shampoo and conditioner. Stayed strong though.

The leave-in got stuffed behind an Easter basket.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
The rest of the month will be hard for me. I get paid this weekend and this is my free check. I don’t really need anything hair related though. I got that wide tooth comb and leave in earlier this month. It should last a few months. I just use a pea size every other day or as needed.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
This is a looooonnnggg Month :yawn: And that's why I kinda signed up for March.

This house-stuff has me some-what distracted and pre-occupied from buying Hair products right now.

I may also pop back in here in April and possibly May.:look: It would be good to stay in here the remainder of 2023 (and get occasional "passes" - if necessary).

Truthfully, I don't need anything. So, I may try to push on through 2023 (which would be great for me).

Thank you @Prettymetty for this Thread.:kiss:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This is a looooonnnggg Month :yawn: And that's why I kinda signed up for March.

This house-stuff has me some-what distracted and pre-occupied from buying Hair products right now.

I may also pop back in here in April and possibly May.:look: It would be good to stay in here the remainder of 2023 (and get occasional "passes" - if necessary).

Truthfully, I don't need anything. So, I may try to push on through 2023 (which would be great for me).

Thank you @Prettymetty for this Thread.:kiss:
Thank y’all for rocking with me. I seriously need to get my spending under control. Baby steps. I am grateful for the progress I’ve made. I haven’t afterpayed any wigs or anything this year!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Trying to make it through these next two days!:giggle:

Will be back here in April. This thread may help me finally break my PJ-itis. I can manage that here.

Now....I'm not making any huge promises for April with E/aster Sales and all, but looking at my stash I need to be right here. :nono:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I want an aloe Vera leaf so bad. I only have a small bit of coconut oil left. If I get the aloe next month I also need a squeeze bottle to get it on my scalp and hair.

Coconut oil and aloe as an overnight treatment is amazing for my hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
It's April.

I am still in great-room "makeover mode" right now and spending lots of cash (Lawd so much cash):twocents:

Kinda regret taking on this project and forgot how much money could be involved in doing so.:nono: I'm in the thick of it now though. Too late to turn back now.

So, I guess I'll hang out in here again this month and try hard to stay away from buying unnecessary hair products.

I don't need a thang - in the hair world for possibly years.

I still plan to send another member a large box of stuff (for her and her family) when I'm off work in the coming week or so.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Y’all I got some lashes a few months ago from Shein and they are cute! I’ve only worn 02162662-3F3A-4502-B1CF-65BFE7F40FE4.jpeg2 pair. The pack came with 10. Im bout to buy a few more boxes and some more glue and try to look like somebody lol. It only cost $2 for 10 pair. I’ll post a pic

This is me and my aunt. I’m rocking a 2 week old blowout and I overslept and missed my damn hair appointment. I’ll be lashing and bunning this week. I’m on the left. A year supply is only $72. That’s using a new pair daily.

When I get my bonus I’ll buy like 10 more packs of lashes.

CoiledOrchids

i'm doing this april no-buy but I wanna get some cute summer clothes. I'm gonna make an appointment with a dermatologist near me in the morning to help clear up my skin since nothing has been working. I do wanna try the fenty lipglosses though. I booked my loc retwist appointments online for april, may and june last night so i'm all good as far as my hair is concerned. I'm also taking my road test this summer so i'm finally about to get my liscense ( kinda have no choice since my permit expires in late 2024 and i don't wanna retake that). I have my eye on a used jeep compass under 15k. School starts in the fall so i already have money set aside for that.

I'm slowly getting my life together. It's a work in progress, but i'm making good improvements.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
i'm doing this april no-buy but I wanna get some cute summer clothes. I'm gonna make an appointment with a dermatologist near me in the morning to help clear up my skin since nothing has been working. I do wanna try the fenty lipglosses though. I booked my loc retwist appointments online for april, may and june last night so i'm all good as far as my hair is concerned. I'm also taking my road test this summer so i'm finally about to get my liscense ( kinda have no choice since my permit expires in late 2024 and i don't wanna retake that). I have my eye on a used jeep compass under 15k. School starts in the fall so i already have money set aside for that.

I'm slowly getting my life together. It's a work in progress, but i'm making good improvements.
I’m definitely buying a Summer wardrobe. I’ll shop on Shein, go to Rainbow and wherever else that has cute affordable clothes.

CoiledOrchids

I’m definitely buying a Summer wardrobe. I’ll shop on Shein, go to Rainbow and wherever else that has cute affordable clothes.
I like going to Jcpenney, Aerie, Old Navy and New York & Company. I look in the clearance section first. Then i go by what's on my list. I try not to stress about it too much, but clothes shopping is not my favorite thing. I'm doing zumba in the park this summer. I wanna work on losing this belly fat. I want abs.

Napp

Ms. Nobody

If acne is the problem, I swear by winlevi. Nothing else cleared up my skin like it, not even accutane

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@Napp i've never heard of winlevi. I'm putting positive thoughts out into the universe in the hopes that something will work. I just want pretty, clear skin
Its one of the newest acne treatment creams. it works for hormonal acne without having to take something oral like birth control or spironolactone