New York and Salons

Mitre

Hello everyone happy hair day. I had my hair relaxed about 4 months ago and will like to get it done at theend of May. I manage my new growth by braidingand twisting my hair. This week I took the twists out so that I can condition it for a week before I put it up again. I would like all of the new yorkers to please recommend a good stylist to me who would not overlap when applying the relaxer. So far I have not encounter a good stylist and have to be changing them every time I need a touch up. If anyone know of any good stylist in new york please reply

Hi
smile.gif
you didnt say where in new york you were, but if ya in tha five boroughs you can go to the salon boards and do a search over there - there are tons of recommendations
smile.gif

Kitchen sink #2
grin.gif

seriously, i go to Yolette's @ Madison & 34th 212 696 2420 or 212 751 5459 every now and then, ive also tried Marcia's (kinda out of the way) recommended by BRH and others on here but....

Yolette is my gal when i need to git it done and feel lazy
ohwell.gif
she is kinda pricey. when i need to wash and set and feel lazy almost any dominican salon (minus the blowdry) is good too
smile.gif

BUT truth said .... i do my hair myself, just relaxed this morning too
cool.gif

I see Marcia at LaVar Hair Designs on W 72nd. She charges about $72 for a touch-up (conditioner and trims if needed are included). She is really great. Do a search with her name and you'll see. I highly recommend her. Once I was broke and tried to have someone else do my hair only to have lost 2.5 inches in damages which I am still trying to fix.

Back