NEWBIE... Getting started?

sr24

Hello..Im a newbie to this website. I want to really get started with taking care of my hair. I play golf so I travel a lot and sweat a lot. I want to start a regimen. Any suggestions? I am currently at BSL. I want to get to APL.

AsTheCurlzTurns

Just wanted to say :hiya: and :welcome: to LHCF!!! There's a few threads all throughout the boards with lots of great advice and tips. Ya need anything or have questions, just give a shout out on the boards and someone will more than likely chime in and help ya out. HHG!! :)

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Welcome, Z! :hiya:

I think you may need a little clarification on some acronyms. You said you're BSL trying to get to APL and that would translate to you're Brastrap Length trying to get to Armpit Length, which would be getting shorter. There's:

TWA- teeny weeny afro
CL-chin length
SL-shoulder length
CBL-collar bone length
APL-armpit length
BSL-brastrap length
MBL-midback length
WL-waist length

As far as a regimen, I would recommend you start off as simple as possible: Wash and deep condition once a week, moisturize daily wear a satin scarf or bonnet at night. Since you sweat a lot, you may even want to throw in a co-wash (conditioner wash) once a week. If you want to use a growth aid (Boundless Tresses, MTG, Lenzi's Request, etc), stick to it and give it time to work. I know starting off is VERY overwhelming, but just try to relax, have fun and keep it simple. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. HTH :grin:

Galadriel

Welcome! I'm a newbie too.
I've found that it's helpful to build a regimen around which particular hair issues I wish to combat. Are you dealing with dryness b/c of the traveling and sweating?

sr24

Yes I am dealing with dryness....and let me get my acronyms right this time.....I'm SL and I want to be BSL..