Newbie Group Support Challenge 2010

I'm a 3c recently natural. I bc'd in july 2009. Stretched my hair is sl unstretched my hair is middle of the neck. My short term goal is apl and my long term is mbl both unstretched.

SmilingElephant

SmilingElephant-Relaxed Thick
Nymane
Mrs. Jackson2007
ShakiraShakira
IntheMix08

Soulie
-Relaxed-Fine
shamarie
JenBenCal
Angel of the North
preciouslove0x
kandigyrl

MummysGirl-Transitioning Team
TyHill21
ladysaraii
JayAnn0513

These are my teams so far....now i'm off to check ALLLLLLL the pms sent to me....Naturals...be excited!!!:yep:

SmilingElephant

Alright Naturals....You Asked For It!!! :grin:

Our Natural-Fine Haired Captain is!!!!!!.....drumrolllllllll......

Fyb87

:dance7: :band2:

She will now be searching the thread for her team members!!!

Oh....check her out at Curly Nikki too....she has some beautiful hair!!:yep:

brebre928

Fyb87

YAAAAAY!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

GreatfulBeauty

I am a long time lurker that is ready to come out of hiding and would love for this to be my first official challenge... I am a natrual 3b/3c/4a :perplexed????? I just recently cut my hair in August due excessive heat usage and my curls becoming waves and really want my natural hair to grow to its full potential minus the heat.... natural captain please pick me!!!!!!!!!!! :grin::grin::grin:

SmilingElephant

Hey ladies....you can pm those who you think would be able to be your captain....Fyb87 is on the lookout right now....i just pm'd another girl who i'm interested in her to become the Natural Thick Captain....but she's not online right now...she pm'd me last nite.

SmilingElephant

And Our New Natural-Thick Captain.......drumrolllllllll....

GoldenBreeze

:band2: :club: :dance7:

Congrats captain!!!! :congrats:

Alright...GB is gonna be looking for her team members!

exubah

4b fine/relaxed APL; I could be a captain if anyone needs this group.

I am 4b/a, relaxed, fine hair BSB/BSL and would love to be in this group. My goal is WL with long term goal of full MBL (more manageable I believe!).

fyb87

Fyb87

Thank you SmilingElephant for allowing to me to be the Natural Fine Hair Team Captain.

I have sent PM’s to the following Natural Diva’s to find out if they have Fine or Thick hair:

BeExceptional26
Choirgirl
NewlyNaturalAgain
Sleepflower
SunkistDiva
wild curls raquelle

and these are the ladies that I have thus far on the Team:

GreatfulBeauty
brebre928
Nia430

To the ladies that are on my team and to those that I sent a pm to that know they are on my team, please let me know the following:

* Hair Type (also describe what size your curls are when wet w/o product, ie..pencil, marker, sharpie, coffee stirrer, etc..)
* Current Hair Length (stretched and unstretched)
* Current Regimen
* Date of BC (if you bc’d)
* Short-Term Goal
* Long-Term Goals
* Hair Styles you wear and/or would like to wear

I know a few ladies stated they either want to try or were currently experimenting with Ayurvedic Products. Let me know if that is something you are interested in and if so, what if anything you had in mind. If you are currently using them just let me know that in your regimen.

I look forward to this challenge Diva’s!

Last edited:

GoldenBreeze

And Our New Natural-Thick Captain.......drumrolllllllll....

GoldenBreeze

:band2: :club: :dance7:

Congrats captain!!!! :congrats:

Alright...GB is gonna be looking for her team members!

Thanks so much to SmilingE, for choosing me as team captain for the thick haired naturals.

My hair is a mix of 3c/4ab, and my strands are medium thickness, but dense (there's a lot of them). Length is BSL.

Ladies, I'll add what I'd like to know about your hair and regimens later. In the meantime feel free to ask me any questions you might have. We are going to have fun, and get healthy hair in 2010.:yep:

The ladies who are currently on my team are:

-NewlyNaturalAgain
-sleepflower
-MiiSS kECiia
-SunkistDiva
- a_shoe_6307
-Choirgirl
-BeExceptional26

I'll check through the thread for other ladies and send you a PM, For those who know that you want to be on the thick haired naturals team feel free to send me a PM if I don't get to you first.

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

Hello Ladies!!

This challenge is designed to help newbies reach short term goals to lead up to them acheiving their long-term goals. This will also help us veterans of LHCF stay motivated with our HHJs...as we also get discouraged:yep::yep:

I figured that if we help out the newbies, it will also help us out. And it feels good to help others. So let's get together to help one another! And plus...since we'll be split up into groups...there will always be someone to give you a boost along the way.

Here's How It Works:
I need 5 captains....i will be one myself so this will give me 6 groups to keep track of for this challenge.

To Be a Captain:king::
-You Have to have been a member of the board for over a year
-You must have at least 350 posts
Each Captain can have up to 5 members within their group....BUT...
-You ALL must have similar hair (ex. relaxed relaxed heads, naturals with naturals and so forth)
-You must list your group's agreed consequence for skipping out on any regimen steps.
-You must pm me to request to be a captain.

*To the Ones I Choose as Captains*
:king:
-You must post the name of your group
-You must list your groups hair similarity (ex. Relaxed but fine hair...etc)
-Every quarter you must list your members short term goal
-You must list your members long-term goals
-Only positive feedback to your members...if you disagree on something...be nice about your disagreement.
-After every quarter you must post your groups progress and have your members post any progress pics they have.

All challengers may use pm'ing or profile messaging or this challenge thread to communicate among one another.

At the end of the last quarter there will be a poll and we will all vote for who we think had outstanding progress in their group overall.

Sign up for challengers will be from September 20th until October 20th. (This way we can work out all our nooks and cranies) I am limiting this to at the maximum 40 challengers in all....if we have left out a group...please pm me so that all hair types can be part of the challenge.
No More Until Further Notice:yep:

The challenge will start January 1, 2010. (So we can have our products and group regimens ready)

Any other questions can be added here to the challenge...as this is the official challenge thread.

Come On Ya'll!!! Let's Reach Our Goals!!:dance7:

HOLD UP!

Okay Ladies..... I know that you all are excited about the challenge....but!!!!

Since i am going to be keeping track of all the teams I can't have EVERYBODY....On Monday I will be posting everything bc i want this to be as organized as possible.

I am going to go ahead and let my captains have 10 Newbies on their teams...but that is only for the ones that have pm'd us in the past couple of days.

The challenge starts in January on the 1st. I think what i'm gonna do isnext month....since i have sooooooooo many requests for this challenge i'm going to have to find another "General Captain"....like all these groups i have now will be Section A and then i will have a captain over Section B so that they can generally manage those groups....cause i can't manage 15 groups ya'll:nono:....i have a full time job irl. So the last day to pm one of the captains to be in their group for the Section A groups is gonna be this Sunday.

Thank all you ladies for your eagerness and helpfulness...you all are really sweet! :hug2:

Don't worry....i will keep you all posted on when you can sign up for the Section B groups.

SmilingElephant

OMG!!! I'm awful!!! I need a Texlaxed Captain!!! If you are texlaxed and you know what you're doing and you've been here for a while...please pm me!!!

BlaqBella

StephElise is also on my team.

I want to join....MummysGirl i would like to be in your group if you don't mind(and if it's not too late).TIA!:yep:

I'm transitioning.

I'm also around nl-sl-(and a :wallbash:couple layers creeping to apl).

I think i'm a 4 something.

My short term goal is full apl by Jul.2010.

MummysGirl

My team (so far):
TyHill21

ladysaraii
JayAnn0513
StephElise
BlaqBella

I want to join....MummysGirl i would like to be in your group if you don't mind(and if it's not too late).TIA!:yep:

I'm transitioning.

I'm also around nl-sl-(and a :wallbash:couple layers creeping to apl).

I think i'm a 4 something.

My short term goal is full apl by Jul.2010.

My Group:

TyHill21

ladysaraii
JayAnn0513
StephElise

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Why am I just seeing this today??!!! I'm a relaxed, thick haired BSL and I don't mind being a co-captain or I can be here for moral support.

bimtheduck

I joined in 2006 to lurk, - ended up losing interest and forgot all about it. Then this summer when I decided I wanted to grow my hair out I stumbled back upon you lovely ladies. So I really am a newbie.

If there's another relaxed/thick team forming or if there's additional room on the current team I would love to join.

fyb87

These are the ladies that I have thus far on the Natural Fine Hair Team:

GreatfulBeauty
brebre928
Nia430
africanviolet92
mstar
sstevenson

Last edited:
These are the ladies that I have thus far on the Natural Fine Hair Team:

GreatfulBeauty
brebre928
Nia430

Can I be on your team too? I'm looking for some guidance in my HHJ. I'm natural, never BC, about 2.5" passed SL and trying to identify a reggie that works for me. Current goal is APL. I've experimented with ayurvedic (henna, amla) and some other natural things (yogurt, honey). But I don't really know what I'm doing yet.

ETA: I'm 4-something, thin strands but densely packed.

fyb87

Can I be on your team too? I'm looking for some guidance in my HHJ. I'm natural, never BC, about 2.5" passed SL and trying to identify a reggie that works for me. Current goal is APL. I've experimented with ayurvedic (henna, amla) and some other natural things (yogurt, honey). But I don't really know what I'm doing yet.

ETA: I'm 4-something, thin strands but densely packed.

Of course! Welcome to the team!

GoldenBreeze

Ladies, meet your teammates:

The ladies who are on my team are:

-NewlyNaturalAgain
-sleepflower
-MiiSS kECiia
-SunkistDiva
- a_shoe_6307
-Choirgirl
-BeExceptional26
-wild curls raquelle
*Shananyganz

My Team Is Now Full (9/20/07)

Last edited:

a_shoe_6307

Ladies, meet your teammates:

The ladies who are on my team are:

-NewlyNaturalAgain
-sleepflower
-MiiSS kECiia
-SunkistDiva
- a_shoe_6307
-Choirgirl
-BeExceptional26
-Shananyganz

My Team Is Now Full (9/20/07)

I just wanted to say thanks to our captain and hello to all my teammates!!! I look forward to our challenge.