Newbie Group Support Challenge 2010

chickle

I'm definitely in! I'm going to APL by March 2010, I'm currently SL. I'm transitioning, but I've got more natural hair than relaxed (about 1 inch is still relaxed). I need some serious help!

Last edited:

a_shoe_6307

Hey my Natural Thick Hair Team. Here's the list of the information I'd like to have from you:

Sorry I'm so late with my post. Grad school is kicking my butt with only a week left in this term. Anyhoo here it goes...

-Hair type and curl size when wet with no product. No curl pattern, then I need to know that to.
3B/C; School Chalk Board Chalk at the front & crown, Pencil on the sides and back & Coffee Stirrer at the nape

-Current length both stretched and unstretched.
Stretched - Ear Length (updated); Unstretched - TWA

-Current regimen including:
*products: Shikakai Shampoo Bar, Ayurveda Powders, VO5 Milk & Tea Conditioners, Giovanni 50 50 Conditioner, Aussi Moist, Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo & Conditioner, Amla Oil & Shikakai Oil

*tools (combs, brushes, etc): Denman Brush, FHI Blow Dryer (every other month or more - length check ), & FHI Runway (every other month or more - length check), Bone comb

-Any hair issues (Ex: breakage, shedding, etc)
None as of right now (and I hope none period). I just need more growth.

-How long you've been natural
All my life except for two years that ended June 2009.

-Short-term goals
To be NL by June 2010

-Long-term goals
To be full MBL like I was 4 years ago

-Let's talk styles! Tell me what you like.
Just being natural & leanring how to style my hair natural. I always wore my hair straight when it was long because I had no clue what to do with it curly.

-One thing you LOVE about your hair.
MY CURLS!

-Include a starting pic.

Last edited:

stephluv

Hello,, I'm a newbie :)grin:) to this but I would love to join this challange as a participant…matter of fact I specifically got my subscription today just so I can join…hopefully I’m not too late…but just in case I’m not….. :spinning: I am 3c/4ab, natural. Been natural since 2004 and never did a BC might be why I have all these different textures in my hair……..Are there any natural captains for the Section B yet? Also what is the difference between natural thick and natural fine? My hair gets really fine (thin) when I straightened it but I dont think thats what you guys meant....Thank you!!

MummysGirl

My team (so far):
1. TyHill21
2. ladysaraii
3. JayAnn0513
4. StephElise
5. BlaqBella
6. sipp100
7. Taleah2009
8. BreakageInAtlanta

Almost full :)

Natural Thick Hair

I'm also late with my post for the same reason as a_shoe.

Anyways as requested....

Hair type and curl size when wet with no product. No curl pattern, then I need to know that to. 3c/ 4a combination pencil/marker, frizz, straw (regular straw)
(Ex: just friz or zzzz's, coffee stirrer, pencil, marker, sidewalk chalk)

-Current length both stretched and unstretched
stretched: a little past shoulder unstretched: middle of neck
-Current regimen including:
*products: pre poo with Castor, Jojoba, Olive Oil & honey, rinse, detangle with paddle brush& water, co-wash V0-5, dc aohsr+pantene r&n+ garlic deep condish, rinse with condish AOWC, and finger comb with HEHHH, rinse most of it out, moisturizer, style, liquid based sealant (set it free), castor oil + shea butter/ kbb honey and oatmeal butter Minimum 1 henna & Bentonite clay treatment a month
*tools (combs, brushes, etc) paddle brush
-Any hair issues (Ex: breakage, shedding, etc) dry hair without moisture, eczema of the scalp
-How long you've been natural since 2003 just bc'd to get rid of heat damage
-Short-term goals: apl
-Long-term goals: wl
-Let's talk styles! Tell me what you like. buns, no particular styles
-One thing you LOVE about your hair. when it's out its wild and all over the place since I have natural volume.
-Include a starting pic.
my file is too big to upload but I will be adding a starting pic to my Oct folder in my fotki tomorrow.

CaliDiamond

Hello All!

I have been a lurker for about 3 mos and I decided to join today after seeing this thread.

I am a 4a/b texlaxed (70% relaxed and loving it!:yawn:) with medium to fine hair. I am also neck length (just cut 3 inches to get it blunt) trying to reach shoulder length.

I would like to join this challenge but I have yet to see a texlaxed captain emerge!

So far the texlaxed ladies that I have noted in this challenge are as follows:

1. Damaged but not out
2. Sipp1000
3. MzSophisticated
4.Nappy Golden
5. Me!

Successful texlaxed ladies please apply for captain!

Merk

Hey -

Been lurking for a couple months, but this challenge has brought me out of the shadows - just subscribed right now. Great idea OP!

MummysGirl - I would like to join your team if you still have room...will pm you.

questionable

Hey there
Checking in to find out if another captain has been selected for the thick/relaxed heads.Curiousity is getting the best of me...anxious to know if I'm in on this challenge.

belizean

Me too. I am interested in being in the thick/relaxed heads. Who should I contact? This thread is started to get complicated. I can't tell who is doing what or what I have to do to join.

MummysGirl

My team (so far):
Co-Captain: dontspeakdefeat :yay:

1. TyHill21
2. ladysaraii
3. JayAnn0513
4. StephElise
5. BlaqBella
6. sipp100
7. Taleah2009
8. BreakageInAtlanta
9. Merk

To those who pm'd me, I'll get back to you very soon, it's past my bedtime here in the UK :)

Prisangela

Hey Ladies!

So like many I've been lurking for months, but I payed my dues so i could join this challenge! LHCF is getting paid with all the new subscribers LOL! anyway I am currently relaxed CBL fine to medium 4a/b texture, with hopes of achieving MBL by Dec '10, overall goal is to retain thickness and health.

I don't know if there's a captain yet, but I'm IN!!!! & looking to get picked up!:blush:

Last edited:

GoldenBreeze

I hear you! I need a hair mentor too!!! This is what I've been looking forward to...CHALLENGE:drunk::grin:! I need to start seeing some results and ironing out the kinks in my reg.

I'm in. Stats as follows:
4b au natural

I sent you a PM. Hopefully you can get into section B, but my team is full.

Taking any more applicants? I need to get whipped into shape..... badly!!:crying3:

Keep checking back, when section B starts you should be able to join. My team is full, sorry.:sad:

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

Hello Ladies....

SO....I have all my Section A ladies so now...Fyb87 is also going to be the General for Section B...which means she will have 2 teams to look after...so all the newbies that have already posted their interest....contact Fyb87! :congrats:

I am NOT over anything with Section B. So all your questions for Section B go directly to Fyb87 and the captains she sets up for her groups.

Thank You Ladies!! You all are wonderful. We're gettin this together!! Come on 2010!!

SmilingElephant

SmilingElephant(Full)
Co-captain:

1.Nymane
2.Mrs. Jackson2007
3.ShakiraShakira
4.Mysoon2behair
5.Day Dreamer
6.MrsSmitty77
7.Panamoni
8.Vmelcar
9.jdbe
10. polished07

Soulie(Full)
Co-Captain:

1.shamarie
2.JenBenCal
3.Angel of the North
4.preciouslove0x
5.kandigyrl
6.IntheMix08
7.Aspire
8.Mercie
9.exubah
10.longnstrong

MummysGirl(Full)
Co-Captain: dontspeakdefeat

1. TyHill21
2. ladysaraii
3. JayAnn0513
4. StephElise
5. BlaqBella
6. sipp100
7. Taleah2009
8. BreakageInAtlanta
9. Merk
10. spain4risha

Fyb87(1 space open)
Co-Captain:

1. GreatfulBeauty
2. brebre928
3. Nia430
4. AfricanViolet92
5. mstar
6. sstevenson
7. Mzjai
8. djkforeal
9. Ensjg598

GoldenBreeze(Full)
Co-Captain:

1.NewlyNaturalAgain
2.sleepflower
3.MiiSS kECiia
4.SunkistDiva
5.a_shoe_6307
6.Choirgirl
7.BeExceptional26
8.wild curls raquelle
9.Shananyganz
10.CandiedLipgloss

This is how Section A is looking so far...as you all can see some of my captains have spaces open and only ONE of our captains has a co-captain. Once all of these spaces are full...i will be directing everyone to Section B.:yep:

Captains....please pm me with any changes to your groups so that i may edit this page :)

Last edited:

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
My team (so far):
Co-Captain: dontspeakdefeat :yay:

1. TyHill21
2. ladysaraii
3. JayAnn0513
4. StephElise
5. BlaqBella
6. sipp100
7. Taleah2009
8. BreakageInAtlanta
9. Merk

To those who pm'd me, I'll get back to you very soon, it's past my bedtime here in the UK :)
Can I join this team?

SmilingElephant

Can I join this team?
Are you transitioning?

Ladies please pm the group captain you're interested in for info on their group...its easier for us to keep up with who's asking instead of searching through 18 pages of a thread:grin:

ALSO i'm working on a Texlaxing Captain...i'm waiting for her response.

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
Are you transitioning?

Ladies please pm the group captain you're interested in for info on their group...its easier for us to keep up with who's asking instead of searching through 18 pages of a thread:grin:

ALSO i'm working on a Texlaxing Captain...i'm waiting for her response.

Absolutely:grin:. I pm'd Mummysgirl, thank you!

fyb87

Fyb87 - Natural Fine Hair Team (1 space open)
Co-Captain:

1. GreatfulBeauty
2. brebre928
3. Nia430
4. AfricanViolet92
5. mstar

6. sstevenson
7. Mzjai
8. djkforeal
9. Ensjg598