Newbie Group Support Challenge 2010

LifeCoach

Oh nooo...guess I missed the chance to join. I only registered with the forum last week...this would have been a great start for me :(

mswright00

I know that I might be a bit late to join, but I am very interested on being apart of this challenege. Please let me know if I am too late. THanks!

SmilingElephant

why is it that every "captain" I pm doesn't respond to me.

Which captains have you tried to contact?

Many of the teams in section A are full to capacity...but i believe Fyb87 has a large group for section B....she's the general over that Section.

HTH....sorry 4 the inconvenience:perplexed

SmilingElephant

PLEASE LADIES.....Section A is full. Pm Fyb87 to see if you can join her section.

For the other ladies that are compatible enough to be on my team....i have a thread for my team that i will be using to help my members....you may follow along with us and gather tips :)

stephluv

hey i'm definitely ready for this challenge to start and Fyb87 pm'd me that I was the final spot in her section A (Natural Fine Hair ladies) but since October I havent gotten any information so i sent her a pm...no response yet so can anyone let me know whats goin on....been anxious and dont want to miss out....Thanks

Mrs. J

PLEASE LADIES.....Section A is full. Pm Fyb87 to see if you can join her section.

For the other ladies that are compatible enough to be on my team....i have a thread for my team that i will be using to help my members....you may follow along with us and gather tips :)

Have you already started that thread? If so, where is it??? I'm on your team, but I haven't gotten anything since the last pm regarding hair issues/goals.

MsWowFactor

Im a newbie and Im just seeing this thread. Please some way some how... can i still join? I really need this. Im 4a I think, fine and trasitioning. This challenge is exactly what Ive been looking for.

Aspire

Soullllieeeee, oh Soullllllieeeee. Where are ya? Little grasshopper is waiting to learn at the feet of the master.

We are going to drive the leaders crazy on this one!! Chomping at the bit. :lachen::lachen:

stephluv

Hello Ladies...I apologize ahead of time but has anyone heard from Fyb87...I'm getting hair hungry lol so I'm even on the Blabckberry at work looking at this forum esp this thread. First challenge as a newbie and I'm anxious. So I'm willing to even check out ur groups thread SmilingElephant (I'm smiling back by the way). Keep me posted everyone and anyone! This natural (either thick fine or in between who is loving whatever type her hair is can or will be) is determined to get her dream hair ::miss america wave goodbye::
Have a great day all you LOVELY Queens and Kings!!!

Nia430

Hello Ladies...I apologize ahead of time but has anyone heard from Fyb87...I'm getting hair hungry lol so I'm even on the Blabckberry at work looking at this forum esp this thread. First challenge as a newbie and I'm anxious. So I'm willing to even check out ur groups thread SmilingElephant (I'm smiling back by the way). Keep me posted everyone and anyone! This natural (either thick fine or in between who is loving whatever type her hair is can or will be) is determined to get her dream hair ::miss america wave goodbye::

Im in the natrual and fine group I havent heard anything so far though. I dont think there is a thread yet or I havent seen it.

NappyGoddesse

I just sent her a message today. I was really looking forward to this challenge and am thinking I may have to be my own challenge? I think its too late to join any others on the board...?

Last edited:

stephluv

Hey Nia430 & NappyGoddesse ...
Well maybe we should just be each others CAPTAIN and support each other and whoever else is in the Natural Fine Hair ladies section A group. This might be to our advantage ladies...we'll not only motivate each other but also keep ourselves on ur toes. I guess being a dance team captain for a number of years has not left my system lol.
Anyways, maybe we can take some pointers from the other team captains and start our own thread and just help each other out..CAN u tell I have no sisters and I'm yearning for some sisterly love? Let me know what you think and please I'm not trying to take Fyb87 spot or anything but closed mouths don't get fed so let's stay motivated and determined. PM or reply on here.

Happy Hair Growing and May Your Hair Journey be a blessing to all of you Lovely Queens and Kings.

Nia430

That sounds like a good idea to get things started stephluv i def wanna participate. Hope everything is good with Fyb87.

Choirgirl

That's odd. Goldenbreeze is missing too. She hasn't logged into the forum since the first week of October.

I too was looking forward to this challenge. Let me tell you -this newbie had a horrible encounter with some gel. Whatever you do if you use gel, be sure you hot oil treat your hair first. Also, before you change styles after wearing gel, wash it out with shampoo if your going to use some KCCC for your next style because KCCC doesn't play well with others.
-
I have a huge set-back after making this mistake, so learn from my error and save your hair! I lost about 2 FIST FULLS of hair from breaking and cutting there was matting and tangling galore! It was a nightmare. I still have a small section that is tangled right now and I may have to cut it out. :-( if this detangling ghee doesn't help me. I've been DC'ing and trying hot oil treatments, this is the only other thing I can think of. I really don't want to cut it because its in a bad area...Wish me luck.

Last edited:

Bnster

Newbie for relaxed hair, I Know I missed this challenge, but is it possible still to join a group? Please let me know. TIA.

SmilingElephant

I am so upset with this challenge...like...for real...i have disappearing captains...by the way ladies...if they haven't contacted you rest assured they haven't responded to me either.

I have set up guidelines and reminders with them way before the challenge started and now i feel bad bc all you new ladies don't have your captains :(

I'm sorry about all of this. But look...if there is a question you have...even though i am relaxed/thick hair...i'll try my best to help you and/or get you the info you need.

Once again i apologize for my captains. :(