*newbie* herbal essence ltr tangled my hair.

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this forum but I've been lurking on this site for about a year. I've learned a lot from this site and have grown my hair from collar bone length to grazing bsl. ( 2-3 inches away) in 1 year! Any ways back to my title. I'm a hardcore Keracare user and a couple days ago I decided to use he ltr for a co wash and it tangled and made my hair hard immediately. So I immediately washed with my KC hydrating shampoo which melted the tangles away, and followed with intensive restorative masque and I was in love with my hair again. Does anyone have an idea why my hair did not react well to he ltr. By the way im relaxed.

Attachments

• PicsArt_1343745490155.jpg
    PicsArt_1343745490155.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 71

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Welcome to the board! :wave:

You have lots of progress and your hair looks great. I don't know why the conditioner tangled in your hair... perhaps there are ingredients in the product that your hair doesn't like. I'm glad you were able to fix your hair in a quick and easy way without a setback. :)

Guinan

Re-Branding
Welcome to the Board!

I'm not too sure but I think for some people too much Keratin can be a back thing and since your relaxed it might have been too strong for your hair.

Hopefully some of the more experienced ladies will have more answers. If not I would try googling keratin and see what the side effects are on relaxed hair and if it's used too much.

virtuenow

Welcome! Those cheap, synthetic ingredients always left my hair hard. My hair has expensive taste-- for good organic quality products only!

Anavrin

Hello and congrats on your progress!

Im not sure if Keracare has any cones, but im pretty sure LTR does, maybe it was that?

Every head is different. Im relaxed and I had the same problem with Tressemme, which is a product thats sometimes raved about within the LHCF community. I tried it and it dreaded my hair and I havent used it since. :lol:

Id just stick with what works. I cant really tell you why it did that because I dont know what you did beforehand.

Thank you ladies. I think it was the cones. I simply returned it back to the store and never looked back. I'll just stick to what works for me from now on.

virtuenow said:
Welcome! Those cheap, synthetic ingredients always left my hair hard. My hair has expensive taste-- for good organic quality products only!

Lol! My hair too. I've tried every product at the bss, but the day I started using Keracare, I never looked back. I literally have every product from their line.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Ltr also leaves my hair hard. Doesn't do much of anything for me really. Funny thing is neither does keracare. It leaves a nice hard film or coating of some sort on my hair. Yup! Every head is different. ;)

pre_medicalrulz said:
Ltr also leaves my hair hard. Doesn't do much of anything for me really. Funny thing is neither does keracare. It leaves a nice hard film or coating of some sort on my hair. Yup! Every head is different. ;)

That's so true.