Newbie Here!Help me reach my GOAL!!!

airforcewifey06

Hi ladies! I've been a lurker on LHCF for quite sometime and I've really enjoyed reading all the good advice you have to offer. I have finally decided to get serious about growing my hair and getting it back healthy. Currently my hair is a MESS!! I have so much breakage and damage from black glue(I swear that stuff is evil). My nape area needs the most work, it's so broken off that it just naps(sp?) up a few days after relaxing.
So here's my challenge ladies: My husband is leaving for Korea in a week(he's in the Military) and will be gone for a year. I want healthy shoulder length hair by the time he returns. Mind you, my husband has never seen my hair in a healthy state, he says my hair feels like a brillo pad.:lol: My hair is about ear length. Do you think my goal is possible? I'm planning on wearing half wigs until my hair is long enough to bun/phony pony.

I'm trying to start a regimen but I don't know where to start. Can you all tell me what are must have products/tools(i.e clarifying shampoo, moisturizer, etc.) to get me started.

Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:

dlewis

Welcome!!!! You can make your goal by the time your Husband returns.

As for the must have products, you have to find what works for you. But I would say, a good conditioner, deep conditioner, oil, and protective style. Everyone doesn't use shampoo.:D

FlawedBeauty

welcome to the forum!

like the above poster said, you have to find what works for u. what kind of hair are you dealing with. is it fine, weak, dry, brittle. tell us a little about it!!!

brickhouse

Your goal is very attainable. We need a little more info on your hair. How often do you get a relaxer? How often do you wash? What products are you using? I think a wig is the way to go. When I was growing my hair out I started stretching my relaxers a little at a time and wearing half wigs and wigs. I had to stop wearing full wigs because they were eating away my edges. I am at brastrap and I just wear half wigs now for convenience. I think I got too use to them. I also wear them because I am 13 wks post touch up and my newgrowth is out of control.