Newbie Here: I THINK I'm doing it properly

audacity.

Can someone please tell me the correct way to baggie and pre-poo?

I have been (what I thought is pre-pooing) by applying a mixture to dry hair, covering it with a plastic cap and shampooing the next morning.

I thought that I would try this week applying my mixture to wet hair and covering it with a plastic cap over night - is this baggying?

And do you rinse out the concoction after baggying? And do you bag freshly washed hair? And if it isn't on freshly washed hair is it a pre-poo?

UGH! I just don't get it!

lol ...its ok thats what its all about askin and learnin ....As far as Pre-Pooing it can be done on Dry hair with what ever conditioner concoction u use ..this can be over night or right before shampooing...u can use a plastic cap to keep up hair up u can also go under the hair dryer with the cap on as well for ur pre-poos....Bagging is to keep hair and or ends moisturized....this can be done by using a moisturizer then seal hair with oil...u can do a full head baggy which is plastic cap over the entire head make sure air is out and can hold the bag in place with a scarf over top so it doesnt slide while sleeping...hair can be bunned, plaited, pin curled, cross wrap,etc under the baggy.......for partial baggy u can usae moisturize and then seal with oils and put hair in a bun, or pony tail or braid and using like a sandwitch bag or plastic cap on it secure it so it doesnt fall off..this can be over night or durring the day ...HTH

THANK YOU for clarifying that for me, MissMadaam. Just so I am clear, pre-poos are typically done on DRY hair and bagging is done on either wet OR dry hair? Did I understand that correctly. So, basically, a pre-poo is a deep condition on dry hair, then, right? And the primary goal of baggying is to "up the moisture" content of the hair per se...

I had no idea that catching on to the jargon was going to be so confusing. It is almost discouraging. I mean between pin pointing a regimen that will best work for me and my hair/external environment, trying to find the appropriate products and keeping up with the healthy hair vocabulary, it is starting to get a little overwhelming...(sorry I got off on a tangent).

Thanks again for your help!

DenverGirl said:
THANK YOU for clarifying that for me, MissMadaam. Just so I am clear, pre-poos are typically done on DRY hair and bagging is done on either wet OR dry hair? Did I understand that correctly. So, basically, a pre-poo is a deep condition on dry hair, then, right? And the primary goal of baggying is to "up the moisture" content of the hair per se...

I had no idea that catching on to the jargon was going to be so confusing. It is almost discouraging. I mean between pin pointing a regimen that will best work for me and my hair/external environment, trying to find the appropriate products and keeping up with the healthy hair vocabulary, it is starting to get a little overwhelming...(sorry I got off on a tangent).

Hiya, Denver, how's the weather?..My DH just flew out yesterday in a hurry to avoid being snowed in at the airport, cracked windshields, de-icing, suffering on the runway.
Anyway, I suggest reading the STICKYS, as I wished I'd have done before buying years worth of everything:mad: !! I would have started with Shamboosie's suggestions and would have a small cache of good products instead of what I have now. I photographed and put in my FOTKI some of my products...good grief..I have much more to organize and photograph. The STICKY posts will help with acronyms and procedures.

HHG to you.

Denvergirl, when you baggy you will retain moisture. So if you baggy w/ wet hair it will remain wet. I usually air dry, moisturize then baggy. If you baggy w/ dry hair the dampness in the morning will depend on how much oil you use. It has taken me a few nights of whole head baggying to determine how much moisturizer is just right for my hair. Hope this helps.

DenverGirl said:

Ok it looks like ur questions were answered by the other ladies ...good luck hun :)

Back