Newbie here with question

CheerBear

Hey Ladies!!!!!!!I've been sneaking around here for a while and just decided it was time to make this thing official!Well, to start things off right, of course I have a question. I self relaxed friday night. I got some burns and crusty stuck together hair. I was reading past posts and it said to put an ointment on it, i decided on vaseline..ANYWAY, my question is, would it be too soon to wash it again tonight, its kinda thin and not as soft as I would like, so I was gonna do a treatment with mayo in a few minutes. Should this be ok??

sephora

i say don't touch it for at least 10 days. just keep moisturizng. why did you leave it in so long, girl?! yikes! let's see what others have to say (i'm too new to be dolin' out advice, lol...)

CheerBear

I left it in for 37 minutes which is only 2 minutes too long according to the instructions for this "Old negro spiritual" stuff i have going on over here.

Sephora, how do you stretch out your touch up times?? I have 4b hair also and mine grows so fast and so thick that by 3 weeks, its looks like I havent done anything to it in ages!!!

sephora

i don't even know!!! that was a pure accident, i swear. i have to admit that my hair was kinda breaking and i came to this baord and was like WTF. they helped me see the light, "hello, loser, you're due for a touch-up!!!!"

oh.

i just got married and stuff and it's been a whirlwind. i literally forgot i was due. so that's the story behidn that. i had os much thick crazy new growth it was ridiculous. i just kept it super-moisturized adn would wrap my edges down at night...that's why ididn't notice. so silly!!!

Peachtree

Hi, welcome

Although I'm transitioning now, I was a self relaxer. I waited at least a day (3 most of the time) before I would poo. However, I have read posts from other members who have poo'd several hrs following their touch ups without any problems

silk

Girl, I washed my hair the day after relaxing it, and the day after that and the day after that. (I too had scalp burns). I was so paranoid that there was still relaxer in my hair so I just kept washing it. I cannot imagine why washing you hair soon after a relaxer would cause problems.

CheerBear

Ok, I washed it last night and did a deep conditioning and it's beautiful!!!!! Well not really, but its look ALOT better than it did. I also discovered that I must never, ever put Pantene RAN in my hair because the greasy crap doesnt wanna wash out! Anyway, thanks to all who replied!