Newbie...I JOINED YAHHH!...Now Detangle HELLLP

thiccknlong

Hi ladies ,
This is my first post, I'm so excited ! :dance7:!

Now my problem... I've had it allll my life...
TANGLED HAIR
:cry2: :whyme: :crying3:.​

Answers these qst's to help me, k ?

1. what products give you MAJOR SLIP ?
2. what procedures (ie combing in shower) gives you MAJOR SLIP ?
3. how do you get past hard water ??? tangled mess
4. Aphogee ??? this and hard water...a double tangled mess

HELLLLLP :dizzy: :lol:

Thanks ! I love you guys :clapping:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Welcome to the boards :) There are countless threads here on the boards pertaining to your questions. You might want to try a "search" and type in a few keywords. I do like the ors replinishing pack. When I use this my hair is like buttah. What might help is if you tell us what your regimen is and what types of products you are using now.

eta: you may also want to try washing/detangling your hair in one section at a time.

ItsyBitsy

Welcome!!!
As far as slip.... for me I like Motions Moisture Plus & Kenra MC
Hard Water.....Kenra Clarifying (not sure if this is the right name)
HTH

NeeSee

Welcome to the forum!!! As far as your problem with hard water some of us like Redken Cleansing Cream. It removes mineral buildup from hard water. Like one poster mention, try the search feature, a lot of your questions can be answered there.

thiccknlong

*Bre~Bre* said:
Welcome to the boards :) There are countless threads here on the boards pertaining to your questions. You might want to try a "search" and type in a few keywords. I do like the ors replinishing pack. When I use this my hair is like buttah. What might help is if you tell us what your regimen is and what types of products you are using now.

eta: you may also want to try washing/detangling your hair in one section at a time.

My routine

• pre - poo (keracare humecto)
  • shampoo w/ keracare poo ( water = tangling...shampoo AND hard water=a hot tangled mess)
  • cond 1: glycerine and suave naturals ( no slip )
  • cond 2: keracare humecto (slip ...but by now so tangled...it takes 1 hr to detangle)
  • roller set (keracare slotion, serum for slip, carrot oil )
i get breakage from roller set cause my hair is hard from the hard water and past aphogee...I need a hair softener :ohwell: ... and detangler...:perplexed

How do you guys soften hair post Aphogee cause my hair gets hella hard even after fully rinsed ?

thiccknlong

Sorry more addition about routine...this is new since coming to the board...

- baggie method daily (maybe additional moisture will prevent tangling)
- mtg 2x week

tijay

welcome to LHCF!...i get great slip from infusium 23...wasn't really expecting it, but it works for me.

baglady215

It sounds like you need a good clarifying/chelating shampoo. I like Paul Mitchell Shampoo Three, but any shampoo that says it's good for mineral buildup will work.

CAPlush

Also, make sure your are not shampooing all over your head, your strands should be pointed downward and you should squeeze and run your fingers through your hair to get it clean. If you must scrub your scalp, be very careful not to cause tangles and do it under running water.

thiccknlong

Thanks for the love you guys ! I'm viewing your fotki thingies and the heads of hair are just gorgeous !

And to the newbie, Hey girlie ! I'll try to add you as a "buddy" if I know how and we can learn together. Cause lord knows some of the lingo, I'm a bit confused...like " siggie "...and what are the stickies for , how do I take and upload my pics, etc, etc..plus I'm thinking of buying a T-shirt to gauge my progress..

UPDATE ! UPDATE ! I baggied my hair and bun since Sunday, and I'm washing my hair now...appears to be a LOT less tangled...I just washed the side to see what would happen...so, I'm out for a min to wash my entire head..I'll let you guys know what happen after the conditioner comes off....

thicknlong said:
1. what products give you MAJOR SLIP ?
2. what procedures (ie combing in shower) gives you MAJOR SLIP ?
3. how do you get past hard water ??? tangled mess
4. Aphogee ??? this and hard water...a double tangled mess

HELLLLLP :dizzy: :lol:

Thanks ! I love you guys :clapping:

:wave: Welcome :wave:

The only product I have found to give me the most slip was "Silcon Mix" it is a Dominican Conditioner -- it makes your hair so easy to comb thru..

When I comb my hair, I use a Jubilee (sp) comb - a larger combed comb with rounded ends to avoid any snarling or hair getting caught in the seams. Remember to always start with your ends first.

Dont know much about hard water - I know there is a post out there about it that discusses regional areas with it--I think some women even rinsed with distilled water.

Aphogee - becareful with this stuff..It is a wonderful protein and can stop breakage in its tracks BUT you really need a SERIOUS moisturiser after. And, before you apply it, you want to make sure you comb your hair thoroughly - maybe even with a fine tooth comb to avoid any tangles when you rinse it out. When you do rinse it out, dont pile your hair up on your head, let it rinse out in the natural direction the water is flowing.

Hope that helped some! We are all here for you!!

camellia

Welcome!:D

I love Redken Cleansing Cream. It removes mineral build up from had water and it's also an excellent clarifying shampoo.

Virgin coconut oil and honey warmed up and applied to the hair gives amazing slip as well as being moisturizing.

LovelyLionessa

Welcome! :wave:

To get rid of tangles I pre poo with conditioner and oil and wash my hair in braids. I comb under the shower stream and detangle in sections. Aubrey Organics Honesuckle Rose and White Camellia conditioners are slip-a-licious! :p

On dry hair if I need some slip while finger combing I'll use Kid Organics Shea Butter Detnagling lotion or Mane & Tale Detangler. HTH :)

thiccknlong

Thanks all you ladies for the advice…well…as I said since I moisturized and baggied for 5 days here are the results:
- hair is MUCH less tangled ( thank you Jesus ! )
- hair is MEGA soft ( whew, in all my years, I have NEVER felt my hair this soft...never )

I’m going to try the melted coconut oil/honey …and Redken Cleansing Cream, the “cream” sounds lets harsh…and start over only washing with bottled water…next, to not overmoisterize (it appears like it now…a little easy to break), I’ll use a light moisturizer when I baggie instead of a my water/ glycerine mix, or I won’t baggie for 5 days straight, this will keep the protein and moister balanced….

Things I want to try ( and will report on ) : silicone mix, Kid Organics Shea Butter Detangling lotion, coconut/honey mix, redken clarifying cream… and detangle/wash under running water….