Newbie in Australia saying thanks!!!

Honeytips

Hi everyone!!
After being a serious lurker for a couple of months I've decided to join up. What can I say? I've learnt way more from you guys over the past 2 months than I have my entire 31 years!! (Co-washing and Pre-pooing - I've never even heard of before I found this site) Even though my hair is still a mess it is improving - last time I visited the hair salon my stylist even commented that my hair was looking better and asked what I was using. I just grinned and told her about this fantastic site and all the advice! I'm loving my new hair obsession and finding a group of fantastic people who share the same passion!
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! :grin:

HoneyDew

welcome!

yep, I think there are some others from Australia.

There are sistas all over stepping up the hair game!!

:yep:

Honeytips

Thanks for the great welcome everyone!!!! I would love to get in contact with some of the other ladies living here. I moved last year from the Caribbean and I've been struggling to find the products that you guys mention (most of the place seem to avoid shipping across here and when you do find someone willing to ship, the prices are horrendous!!) - how I dream of Megatek etc. Thanks to this forum I've been re-introduced to coconut oil and I've been using a lot of that, along with the Palmer's line of Coconut oil shampoo and conditioner (I just looove the smell of coconuts) But I'd like to find out what other products available in Australia that I can also use to help me with my growth.

Urban

Welcome Honeytips. Another Aussie here ... I'm quite new here too, so I know what its like struggling to find products for our hair.

The only places I've been to for hair products are the shops in Footscray and the #1 US Beauty Supply Store in Springavale. I haven't been to either in a while, so don't know what their stock's been like lately.

I've got Megatek which I bought from hopesbraids.com in the US. They were more than willing to ship here, and at the time shipping was like $4 ... yip, that's right $4. Don't know if that's changed.

There's a few more Aussies around, hopefully they'll pop in and say hi!

Honeytips

Hi Urban!!
Can't wait to hear from all the other Aussies! I am in Queensland and it's like hitting your head against a brick wall :wallbash: trying to find stores with product for our hair.
I think that I'm going to take a look at hopesbraids.com and keep my fingers crossed that the shipping is just as good (Can you imagine there are some places charging over $40 to ship? Crazy!!)
Thanks a mill!!!

Urban

^^ lol, why did I assume you were in Melbourne?? lol. I've got a friend in Brisbane, I'll ask her where she gets her stuff from.

Yeh, I know shipping is ridiculous!!! Even product prices here. What the other ladies in the states are buying for $2, we've gotta buy for $15!!!

Good luck with hopesbraids n you're welcome :)