Thank you so much.
Bumping for newbies/lurkers that are overwhelmed and need all the help they can get (waving)
Something happened to the other thread...so here's a new one. These are all the links that I find important, though there are many more out there. But these should help you get started (if you're a newbie) or brush up on your haircare knowledge (if you're a veteran).
Newcomer's guide to starting out
Regimen Building for Newbies
Mane and Chic 101-Beginner's Guide to Hair
Now that you've learned a little something, you're probably itching to go buy some new shiny products. STOP. Sit down. Read this first!
Hair Breakage 101
Doing Everything Right and Your Hair is Still Breaking
To Clear the Air About Protein
Protein in the Ingredients Does Not Necessarily Mean it's a Protein Conditioner
Why do a lot of hydrating products have keratin protein in them?
Please please please read the articles on protein!
Gymfreak's Porosity Blog Series: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
CurlChemistorosity and Curly Hair
Porosity: The Forgotten Step
Porosity: The Uses of Baking Soda and ACV
What is a cowash?
Prepoo vs. Cowash vs. DC
Definition of Deep Condition
Not All Conditioners Can Deep Condition!!!
Dr. Ali Syed (Chemist): The Right Way to Condition Series
How do you moisturize/seal?
How do you moisturize?
How often do you moisturize?
What is the best, most moisturizing natural oil?
Ayurveda Support Thread
Do y'all henna?
A new henna thread
New to weaves, here are some definite don'ts!
- Why is it bad to use oil when pressing/flat ironing?: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=114270
- Weekly Heat. What are you all afraid of? : http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=354025
- Folicular degeneration from using heat: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=328589
Flat ironing is considered indirect heat?: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=318207
You can have healthy hair with regular heat use: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=110350
A question for those who fear heat?: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=251239
Interesting article about heat protection: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=1800424
Links to heat threads/articles: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=6522175&postcount=62
Straightening facts, How hot is too hot?: http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2009/05/straightening-factshow-hot-is-too-hot.html
- The science of preventing relaxer damage by using silk: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=112817&highlight=silk+proteins
- Your Complete Guide to Safely Applying Chemical Relaxers: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/320975/guide_to_safely_applying_chemical_relaxers.html
- Relaxers: Lye? Or No Lye? Which is Better for you?: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/352470/is_lye_or_nolye_chemical_relaxing_better.html
- Self-Relaxer Support Thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=157899
- Stretcher’s Support Thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=118195
Best pics of relaxed heads.
Lye V. No Lye, Protein v. Ceramides (Everyone should read this, relaxed or not).
- Naturals: worst mistakes you ever made as a natural: http://longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=223081
- Best Pics of Natural Hair/Heads: A thread of encouragement: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=168146
- Naturals that Straighten: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=298845
- 2009 Natural Support Thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=329109
- Do’s and Don’ts of Natural Hair: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=54752
- Must Have’s for Maintaining Natural Hair: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=266511
- Transitioner’s Support Thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312457
Inspiration (for natural & relaxed): Waistlength & Beyond: Names and Regimens
Blogs (These are just the ones I could remember off the top of my head and definitely not a full list.)
If there are other links, please please add them to this thread. That way we can have it all in one place!
Happy Hair Growing!