Newbie, New Year, New Problems!

JennyKenny

Newbie here! Wanted to formally introduce myself. Have only been a lurker for a short time, but really have enjoyed the info I’ve read on the site!! So, wanted to dive right in and join the fun!

Been natural since 02—that’s when I graduated from college and decided I wasn’t going to use my OWN money to pay for a relaxer. Didn’t know what to do with my hair at that time so made tons of mistakes. Rocked locs from 06-09. Came home one day, was tired with the locs, and chopped them completely off---the boyfriend was totally caught by surprise, but I was happy I did it. Been growing my hair ever since—I am 18 months post BC.

Posted some pics of my progress. Have been dealing with dry hair during this winter season—started the baggie method, so hope that helps. Hope to gain 6 inches this year!! And, hope to learn and grow from this site!! Thanks!!

Photos: 3 year Locs, BC, 10months post BC, and current 18 months Post BC

Attachments

• Locs1.jpg
    Locs1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 38
  • BC1.jpg
    BC1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6947.jpg
    IMG_6947.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7626.jpg
    IMG_7626.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 44

PPGbubbles

:welcome: I hope you enjoy your stay :)

Im sure you have heard this before but in the last photo you resemble Tracee Ellis Ross

Happy hair growing!

Ijanei

Welcome and blessings on your journey with us. Beautiful hair and a beautiful face to match!
HHG

Mrs. Verde

You have come to the right place. If you haven't already read the Newcomer's Guide I would highly recommend it.
A Newcomer's Guide To Starting Out

blessedandlucky

Welcome! Totally off topic, but what is the lip color you are wearing in the last pic?

Happy hair growing! It looks great already!

JennyKenny

Thanks Everyone! I am totally excited to be "officially" part of the site! And, I will check out the newbie guide, thanks for the link.

@ppg0069 -- I get that comment sometimes, but mostly told I have big eyes!

@blessedandlucky -- I love this lipcolor! It's only 99cents so I think I bought like 4 tubes. It is Wet n' Wild Black Orchid (508a).