Newbie on LHCF, help with hair!!

gunnergal

I am completely new to LHCF,and i think I can now officially say my hair needs help, well i like to think maybe not that much of a help:perplexed.
I have been reading a few of the posts on here, and they all look promising.
I need help in finding the right moisturisers and products for the hair, so far i know about a couple of oils that are good for the hair, but any suggestion on how to grow my hair from collarbone/Shoulder length to even AL will be appreciated.
I need my hair to be at least AL by the time i graduate,JULY 08:yep:, dont know how that is goin to happen..but hey.....

The pic below was taken May ending this year, dont think my hair has progressed much from then....lol..

Hair type: relaxed Current length(Sept.07):SL Target Length(Xmas 07):Anywhere past SL.

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 9
I'm no hair expert, I'm just popping in to say:

:welcome4:

**I likes welcoming folx!**:grin:

The other ladies will be in here soon to help ya out!:grin:

:wave: Just posted this in the Relaxer Support Thread:

1) Hydrating/Moisturizing Shampoo (Nexxus Therrappe or Crème of Nature Detangling and Moisturizing Shampoo are 2 of my faves ) I use the Crown and Glory Method on www.growafrolonghair.com of shampooing hair. I shampoo my hair in 3 or 4 braided sections and I only shampoo my scalp.

Also, you'll need clarifying/chelating shampoos as well, to clarify your hair every once in a while when you have product build-up.

2) Creme Conditioner or Deep Conditioner (i.e., Nexxus Humectress,) – Concentrate on hair and ends. (Sit under dryer or heating cap for about 15-45 minutes to have it penetrate hair shaft).

3) Leave-In Conditioners (after shampooing, apply a small amt of leave-in)

4) Oil (jojoba, sweet almond oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, etc.) - seal in the moisture from the leave-in with an oil) – concentrate on ends.

5) Daily Moisturizer – i.e. Giovanni Direct, S-Curl, etc...Remember to follow moisturizer with an oil to seal in moisture (also some people use their fave conditioner as their daily moisturizer)

6) Protein Treatment – give yourself periodic protein treatments. Some are intense such as Aphogee Intense for Damaged Hair or Nexxus Emergencee. And others are mild such as Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor, ORS Hair Mayo, ORS Replenishing Paks, or Motions CPR.

7) Moisturizing Treatment – search the board there are soooo many to list.

8) Pre-shampoos – apply oil or conditioner on dry hair to provide a protective sheild from the harsh detergents of shampoos. Some ladies warm it up. Leave it on for as long as 15 minutes or over night even. Be careful not to over condition your hair. I like to mix my pre-poos with honey, EVOO, coconut milk, coconut oil, and a condish. Warm it up and let it sit for a while. This softens new growth and is a great deep conditioning for your hair.

9) Deep-condition at least once a week.

10) Some people co-wash (wash with a conditioner only sometime mid-week, in between deep conditioning)

11) Use a wide tooth comb. Be gentle and comb from bottom up in small sections. Many people air-dry or rollerset. Stay away from frequent use of blow dryers, curling irons, and flat irons.

12) Protect your ends, because this is how you retain length by taking care that your ends do not split or break off.

13) Stretch your relaxer at a minimum of 8 weeks to avoid overlapping chemicals on your previously relaxed hair which leads to over processing.

GOOD LUCK! :wave:

Also there is a sticky here for newbies in the Hair and Product Discussion Thread. I also forgot to mention baggies. Baggies helped me out a lot. So do a search on that, there is tons of info here on nearly every subject.

Welcome!

Thank u for the wecome, and the advice...i feel like goin to the hair shop already and stockin up...yes i kno am sad...

Hello there,

After lurking here for a while before I paid subcription I learned that you have to find out what works for you, but even before you start getting into trying every product out there its best to get some knowledge on hair and how some products work and how to use them to ge the best results....I would recommend looking at sistaslick's album for her articles on moisture and protein balance...(I hope she doesnt mind me passing on the link:look:)....
http://public.fotki.com/sistaslick/sistaslicks-healthy/regimen-building-pr/

and this is the moisture protein balance....

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html

Goodluck!

Last edited:
Back