Newbie...(pix inside)

CoilyFields

Hi ladies! So I lurked for about a year and finally joined about a month ago. But i never formally introduced my hair...:grin:

I was relxed at a young age and wore that for about 20 years. I transitioned with braids and twists for 1 year with the intention of being a straightened natural. But once I stumbled upon hair boards I discovered that I could actually style my natural hair without heat (and not just in an afro-as I had previously thought). I discovered that I loved my natural hair! I've been completely natural for almost 3 years (with a one yr transition) but I had a major setback due to heat damage (had to chop of about 4 inches).

Unfortunatly I dont have digital pix of the begining of my hair journey but these are more recent. I'm 4b-dont let the heat damage fool you. (My hair is so sensitive to heat! i've only pressed twice in the last year and a half and still i get slight damage esp. in the front :wallbash:)

Tiny twists on flexirods-summer 09

My puff- summer 09

flat twist-out summer 09 (sorry its blurry)

Pressed July 09

This was my fro on monday-oct 09

This is my flat iron today-oct 09

Gotta love shrinkage! But I think Ive made progress between July and now (with a nice trim in between). I'm a few inches from BSL.

July Now

sorry its so dark but my hair stops a little past where my finger is at that line.

Well thats all folks! Keep the good advice and experiences coming...

jamaraa

Wow girl...pretty hair! You got some major shrinkage happening...I couldn't believe the diff between Monday and Today. Super cool Miss! ;)

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
You ain't no newbie! You are so together with your thread. I didn't even have a digital camera or camera phone when I joined. People had to take my word, LOL! Welcome to the board. You and your hair look fabulous!!!!!! Cute baby!

CoilyFields

You ain't no newbie! You are so together with your thread. I didn't even have a digital camera or camera phone when I joined. People had to take my word, LOL! Welcome to the board. You and your hair look fabulous!!!!!! Cute baby!

Giiiiirl! It took me ALL day to figure out how to do pix etc. !