Newbie & Recovering FlatIron Addict

MzTami

Hellerrrr
Hi Ladies,

I am so excited! I accidently found this site one day when I was at work. I have been reading all posts for about 3 weeks now. I finally joined!

Anyway, before finding this site, I used the flat Iron daily. Relaxed every 4-6 weeks, and used oils and conditioners for moisture. Hair just damaged. I thought to myself, "Why won't this hair grow, I wash and condition once a week?" Thanks to you ladies, I found out why.

I haven't used a flat-Iron in 3 weeks. I wash 2-3 times per week along with conditioner, deep condition 1x per week, moisturize daily, and my hair is in a phony ponytail. Since I found this site my hair is stronger and no longer breaking. I don't know which product helped. I have been using too many to claim who my baby daddy is. I went out and bought almost every product that you ladies have named. I was on vacation a week ago, within that week I spent about $200 or more on products. I bought the revlon ionic steam rollers, Ion hard bonnet hood dryer, ProfectIV megaGrowth, Aussie products, Cream of Nature products, Paul Mitchell (Generic Sally's) SCurl, EQ products, Shea butter, Mega Growth Oil, jojoba hot oil treament, Leklair Cholesterol,paddle brush,magnetic rollers, distilled water,...etc.. You name it, I probably went and bought it last week. (I am leaving out a lot of stuff, but you ladies get the idea) It's like I am addicted to the Beauty Supply Stores. If I miss two days, I start getting that itch. I went yesterday and spent $31 dollars, but I did buy my hubby something for his scalp. ( I feel so guilty).
I ask my hubby for money almost every other day, he gives it to me and I go buy products for my hair. The next day, I need more money. He gives it to me and I go buy more products. Oh I use my money on products too. I need help!

Anyway, I am so excited to have joined and I don't want to blabbbbbbb you all to death.

Question:How would I post pictures?

Also last relaxer 07/2005
current length shoulder
texture 2b/medium??? ( I don't know it's not that nappy, and it does shine.)
transitioning to NATURAL

MzTami,

WELCOME to the site :) . The first step is admitting that you have a problem ;) , just kidding...I'm a product junkie too--trying to figure out what fits best. I too am transitioning to natural. I'm about 27 weeks post relaxer. To post pics, I would suggest signing up with fotki.com (it's free and they let you upload dozens of pics). Anyway, best wishes...

Check out my fotki album- www.fotki.com/ATLPeach
Password is in my profile here

Janet' said:
MzTami,

WELCOME to the site :) . The first step is admitting that you have a problem ;) , just kidding...I'm a product junkie too--trying to figure out what fits best. I too am transitioning to natural. I'm about 27 weeks post relaxer. To post pics, I would suggest signing up with fotki.com (it's free and they let you upload dozens of pics). Anyway, best wishes...

Check out my fotki album- www.fotki.com/ATLPeach
Password is in my profile here

"Hi, my name is CrystalIcequeen, and I am a recovering product-junkie". How's that?? LOL* :lol: I haven't been too bad with the products since the summertime. I've been laying pretty low, and I haven't bought anything really. But the fall semester is coming back, and for some reason I itch to buy stuff during the school semester! eesh! Someone will have to hold me back!! lol* :lachen:

WELCOME to the board MzTami! It's so good to have a new member. I think you'll LOVE it here! I think your hair will love you for it too!! :up:

Last edited:
Bklynqueen said:
Welcome ! Glad you are here. You will find this site very friendly and helpful. :)

Yea, as long as you stay away from the OT and Entertainment forums! LOL!

Welcome to the board, newbie :)

Thank you all, I have great admiration for each of you.

I have a question, Since I have been using these wonderful products. My hair has become extremely soft. I have not used a flat-Iron in almost 4 weeks and wash regularly. I am transitioning and it's been almost 8 weeks since my last relaxer. Is it normal for my new growth to be this soft?
I think I may be using too much moisturizers. My new growth is growing straight when it used to be coily and wavy. Is it possible that these products are changing the texture?

It is really growing, but it's too soft. I miss my rough and tough hair. Please help!

Transitioning
Last relaxer- 07/02/2005
Texture-2b/medium
Length- shoulder
Goal-shoulder length 100% natural healthy hair.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t and die to find out there is.- unknown

Back