Newbie... wanna say thanks!

ladymekole

First let me start by saying I ahve been stalking for about 4 years. Without coming off sounding cheesey....I would like to thank all of you for helping me through a very difficult time in my life, even though you had no idea.
See, my 36 year old brother died in his sleep 4 years ago. Around the same time, I found this site. The time I have spent reading the forums, and focusing on my hair care has actually helped me through depression, and to stop thinking about my brothers passing in every passing thought. At first I was having very bad anxiety attacks after his death. I knew I had to do something to channel my thoughts in a positive way.
Therefore, I began to really focus on this site and care for my hair. I am happy to say, that although I will always think of my brother and cherish his memory, I no longer have anxiety attacks, and my hair grew from a short Halle Berry cut in October 2006 to a little below shoulder length now in July 2007.
As soon as I learn how, I will post pictures, etc...
I am so happy to finally be an official member.
Thanks again!

Last edited:

Seeking8Rights

ladymekole said:
First let me start by saying I ahve been stalking for about 4 years. Without coming off sounding cheesey....I would like to thank all of you for helping me through a very difficult time in my life, even though you had no idea.
See, my 36 year old brother died in his sleep 4 years ago. Around the same time, I found this site. The time I have spent reading the forums, and focusing on my hair care has actually helped me through depression, and to stop thinking about my brothers passing in every passing thought. At first I was having very bad anxiety attacks after his death. I knew I had to do something to channel my thoughts in a positive way.
Therefore, I began to really focus on this site and care for my hair. I am happy to say, that although I will always think of my brother and cherish his memory, I no longer have anxiety attacks, and my hair grew from a short Halle Berry cut in October 2006 to a little below shoulder length now in July 2007.
As soon as I learn how, I will post pictures, etc...
I am so happy to finally be an official member.
Thanks again!

Welcome to LHCF and I'm glad this site helped you get through mourning and axiety. I agree with you that this site is more than just about hair care, its almost like a support forum in a hair kind of way. :)

Again, welcome and happy hair growing.

Empress Yahudah

Im glad ur finding peace I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks do to PTSD so I know how it is... It is great to that u found this forum as a release with the benefit of healthy hair too!! :) Happy hair growing and welcome to the forum :D

DivaRox

Wow, I'm glad you're making it through and have gotten past the anxiety attacks and are having success in reaching your hair goals. Sorry for your loss-sending you a cyber hug:Rose:

ajoyfuljoy

that's so great. I'm so glad that this site helped you overcome your depression. I hope it continues to bring you joy!!!

BeetleBug

Welcome! I'm glad you found peace through this site. I wish you the best of luck in your personal life and hair goals.:)