Newbie who's very happy to be here!

belle_reveuse28

Hello ladies,
I am soooo happy to finally join the site! Like many others, I've been lurking for awhile and decided I had too many things I wanted to ask others, and responses to make and was just darn happy to be here that I couldn't hold out any longer. Like many of you, I refuse to go to a hair salon anymore. Actually, I haven't been to one in over a year or two and before that, about 7 years. The last stylist I had did an amazing color job, well... as far as the color goes.. but overprocessed my shoulder length hair seriously (oh, BTW, she went to go get something to eat whilst the developer sat in my hair and told one of her techies to wash it out... *sighs* yep... and I didnt say anything although I knew something was going wrong.. call it intuition). So, my hair fell out. It crumbled. I had basically see through hair on the sides and a mohawk in the middle! I looked like I had a mullet! :lol: yes, i can laugh about it now. So, i'm on stylist strike. I've been taking care of my own hair since then. A complicated head of hair I have, 4 a/b, coarse, thick to medium, curly as all get out but extremely dry! It tends to grow long but then thins out very bad and I usually end up cutting it short again, aka halle B. The frustration made me give up and I just decided to wear my hair natural and short, about 3" right now. I think I look amazing with short hair, I get wonderful compliments, but the same with long hair. so, I feel no rush or pressure to reach my goals and therefore, hopefully will be patient!

I've had the blessing of finding LHCF by mistake one day and then realized it was fate! I'm glad to be here and I cant say enough about what i've learned already from the newcomer's guide and moisture and protein balance! My hair has changed dramatically and I feel like I can grow it out healthily, retain my thickness and length and not have to do a BC everytime it gets shoulder length. Already I am getting less than 10 hairs a day as far as any type of shedding whereas before I got over 50 to 100.. I was just going bald y'all. Which is sad because I really do have a great head of hair when things are workin right. I didnt realize the great pay off I would get from this! I am blessed to be here and hope to reach bra strap length at some point in the future! I trust you ladies more than any stylist I've ever had about your input and the decisions you make for yourself, and becuase I bear witness to the RESULTS and see them everyday and am WOWED!
Blessings to all and HHG!

Last edited:

carameldiva

Welcome aboard. Glad that your hair is doing so much better. I only go to stylists for trims and occassionally for a style. LHCF is great. Take care and HHG(happy hair growing).

chenai

I am like you, I was a lurker for over a year before I joined. The only service I have performed in a salon is a relaxer, (which I time myself) because I don't think I would be able to do the back. My hair is thriving since I begun to follow the advice of this forum, I am also very grateful to have found LHCF:) .

preciousjewel76

We're glad you found the place, and I wish you the best on your journey to healthier hair. The information here is beyond awesome, I've only been here about 6 weeks and I can already tell a difference in my hair!:D

Royal Glory

Welcome Newbie and "Home Girl"! :) I'm from Portsmouth, living in the Richmond-area now.

I have been a member of LHCF for about 5 weeks now and I am loving the sisterly advice, encouragement, inspiration and wonderful tips. It has been a blessing and my hair is showing great progress, already.

I wish you every success in reaching your goals! And again, welcome.

ahsiar29

Welcome!!! Although I havent been on much.. I know that when I am need of any advice and support you will find it here.. The ladies here are a wealth of information.... We are family and u are not going to regret coming out of the lurk mode.. Once again Welcome to be here is to be loved!!!

belle_reveuse28

Royal Glory said:
Welcome Newbie and "Home Girl"! :) I'm from Portsmouth, living in the Richmond-area now.

I have been a member of LHCF for about 5 weeks now and I am loving the sisterly advice, encouragement, inspiration and wonderful tips. It has been a blessing and my hair is showing great progress, already.

I wish you every success in reaching your goals! And again, welcome.

Royal Glory,
I dont see many people on that board that much that are from Hampton Roads! It's nice to see that! We just got a Dominican Salon here over in Norfolk and everyone is truly excited. They have a wait usually out the door when you go there. Have to take a number. I'm glad we're catching up with the rest of the world. I got my hair blown out there and loved it. I was tempted, after living in DC for a bit, to drive up to Richmond twice a month b/c I heard there were two Dom salons there! Anyways, thanks for the welcome and HHG!

belle_reveuse28

angelita842002 said:
WELCOME!!! YOU HAVE FOUND THE RIGHT PLACE:)

Angelita,
Thanks so much for the welcome! I have been lurking around your pics for awhile now! Hahaha! Your hair is beautiful and OMGosh! what a precious little one you have. I dont have any but I often see her picture and just am enamored. She's looks like a breath of fresh air.. She's a real treasure, I hope to have one like her one day soon! (Gotta find a hubby first :) ) I'm sure you feel blessed to have her! ;)

Angelicus

HEY! Your story was very refreshing. It's a pleasure to have you here. I love this place and hope I can be on it for at least three more years :lol:

shunta

Wow, that was an amazing introduction. Im glad that you found us here at LHCF. Its great to have you here!:)

That pissed me off when I read that the stylist went to go and stuff her face when the developer was in your hair:mad: Her arse could have waited!

belle_reveuse28

shunta said:
Wow, that was an amazing introduction. Im glad that you found us here at LHCF. Its great to have you here!:)

That pissed me off when I read that the stylist went to go and stuff her face when the developer was in your hair:mad: Her arse could have waited!

Shunta, thanks so much for your encouragement and gut busting laughter! You were so feeling me b/c I was just that mad after my hair fell out! It crumbled but the crumbling happened four weeks later when she told me that I needed a relaxer to enjoy my color more. I came home and started brushing and it started crumbling. Luckily, for me, I've never been crazy about long hair because I look like a kid with it and I soooo wanted to look my age! But now, I'm so fascinated by being in this forum. Mind you, I have never in my life gotten relaxers every four weeks. Although I have 4a/b hair, it stays pretty smooth most of the time and easily can be blow dried straight but the stuff is rough too! I dont konw how to explain it, though. I wanted to cry though when I saw how she had neglected to give me the service I had been paying her for. She's considered one of the best stylists in my area and does black hair in very flowing, kinda "white girl" hair styles. Most people worship her, I never worship anybody but God. So, it was always like I was "lucky" to be getting her services. Mind you, every time I went I spent 8 to 10 hours there! Yes! I am not lying for all you ladies who are reading this! My fam stopped going for the same reasons. Spending a whole freakin' work shift getting my hair done was outrageous! I coudn't take it anymore and I became very angry and refused to go back. (Thanks for letting me vent girl, that struck a chord again! More like a dirge in e minor! Very sour! :lol: ) Somebody is over the counter eating some chicken or whatever soul food it was while your hair is dying underneath the cap and then she had the nerve to tell me on subsequent visits that me putting my hair in a bun a lot was what was making it fall out! I was threw! Nuff said, I guess..

shunta

belle_reveuse28 said:
Shunta, thanks so much for your encouragement and gut busting laughter! You were so feeling me b/c I was just that mad after my hair fell out! It crumbled but the crumbling happened four weeks later when she told me that I needed a relaxer to enjoy my color more. I came home and started brushing and it started crumbling. Luckily, for me, I've never been crazy about long hair because I look like a kid with it and I soooo wanted to look my age! But now, I'm so fascinated by being in this forum. Mind you, I have never in my life gotten relaxers every four weeks. Although I have 4a/b hair, it stays pretty smooth most of the time and easily can be blow dried straight but the stuff is rough too! I dont konw how to explain it, though. I wanted to cry though when I saw how she had neglected to give me the service I had been paying her for. She's considered one of the best stylists in my area and does black hair in very flowing, kinda "white girl" hair styles. Most people worship her, I never worship anybody but God. So, it was always like I was "lucky" to be getting her services. Mind you, every time I went I spent 8 to 10 hours there! Yes! I am not lying for all you ladies who are reading this! My fam stopped going for the same reasons. Spending a whole freakin' work shift getting my hair done was outrageous! I coudn't take it anymore and I became very angry and refused to go back. (Thanks for letting me vent girl, that struck a chord again! More like a dirge in e minor! Very sour! :lol: ) Somebody is over the counter eating some chicken or whatever soul food it was while your hair is dying underneath the cap and then she had the nerve to tell me on subsequent visits that me putting my hair in a bun a lot was what was making it fall out! I was threw! Nuff said, I guess..
Check your mail, I sent you a PM:p