Newbie with C & G questions!!!

stormy07

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a couple days and finally subscribed so yay

I'm getting ready to try the crown & glory tech. this weekend, (this should be interesting as I've never braided my own hair in singles...and I so can't cornrow lol :wallbash: ) but anyhoo....... my question is this: I know that you should use kanekalon or human hair for the tech. but has anyone had any success doing it with just regular synthetic hair or would it ruin my hair? I'm just starting to dabble in the world of extensions and really caring for my hair so any advice would be greatly appreciated! :yep:

bluediamond0829

i thought the difference was that with just reg synthetic hair that it tangles easier when they are trying to braid(thats what i remember that some braider used to tell me)....and that its more rough type of braid hair....and tht something about burning the ends was difficult or something of that sort...so i wouldnt bother with buying the cheap brand of synthetic packs and rather go for the kankeleon hair instead...but im sure that ive had some reg synthetic hair mixed up with my braids...but i dont think it makes that much of a difference maybe someone else can chime in on this..

talking about it really makes me miss having braids and just think how long ago it was that i was getting braids...

ladylibra

i use toyokalon... it's a little cheaper than kanekalon, but a step up from the cheap plastic Barbie hair. :lachen:

stormy07

thanks....is it better to flat iron and then braid the hair or just use the natural texture? I would think the natural texture would help hold the braid more...

chicacanella

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a couple days and finally subscribed so yay

I'm getting ready to try the crown & glory tech. this weekend, (this should be interesting as I've never braided my own hair in singles...and I so can't cornrow lol :wallbash: ) but anyhoo....... my question is this: I know that you should use kanekalon or human hair for the tech. but has anyone had any success doing it with just regular synthetic hair or would it ruin my hair? I'm just starting to dabble in the world of extensions and really caring for my hair so any advice would be greatly appreciated! :yep:

I didn't know that synthetic hair was really bad since I always used it. But I know for some people it can be bad cause it make cause allergic reactions. All I have to say to that is to use her vinegar dilluted solution to get the coating off the hair if you are really worried about irritation from synthetic hair.

Most important things with C-G is to:

Sponge moisturize, sponge moisturize, sponge moisturize.

Brush down your edges and don't braid them. When you come to the next closest areas around your perimeters, don't braid tightly AT ALL. And never have the hair tugging that is close to your edges.

bluediamond0829

thanks....is it better to flat iron and then braid the hair or just use the natural texture? I would think the natural texture would help hold the braid more...

you cant apply heat to synthetic or kankeleon hair....it will not hold up to heat anyway...kankeleon hair is already in a good soft texture for you to handle in braiding it...depending on your texture of hair it has a better hold to it when it comes to braiding...

bluediamond0829

I didn't know that synthetic hair was really bad since I always used it. But I know for some people it can be bad cause it make cause allergic reactions. All I have to say to that is to use her vinegar dilluted solution to get the coating off the hair if you are really worried about irritation from synthetic hair.

Most important things with C-G is to:

Sponge moisturize, sponge moisturize, sponge moisturize.

Brush down your edges and don't braid them. When you come to the next closest areas around your perimeters, don't braid tightly AT ALL. And never have the hair tugging that is close to your edges.

I mean its really not that big of difference on the hair that u use to put braids in with...

I never removed the akaline film in order to put the hair in....never had much problems with synthetic or kankeleon hair....

you may want to look up Den1...she has a good guide on removing the Alkaline film and doing the C&G also...

chicacanella

I mean its really not that big of difference on the hair that u use to put braids in with...

I never removed the akaline film in order to put the hair in....never had much problems with synthetic or kankeleon hair....

you may want to look up Den1...she has a good guide on removing the Alkaline film and doing the C&G also...

I didn't think so either but I didn't want to say for sure and then the Stormy's hair goes and falls out. I mean, it worked for me but I didn't want to say use synthetic hair would fare the same with her.

bluediamond0829

I didn't think so either but I didn't want to say for sure and then the Stormy's hair goes and falls out. I mean, it worked for me but I didn't want to say use synthetic hair would fare the same with her.

yea thats why i always stick with buying Kankeleon anyway so i understand....everything isnt for everyone..

stormy07

:hiya: thanks to everyone for the welcomes and the advice... since I'm more or less experimenting this time. I'll try to the synthetic stuff but I won't keep it in as long... I more or less wanna see if I can actually DO it...cuz I'm not too good with styling my own hair yet....It mainly stays in two plaits or two buns.....try double strand twists every now and then but otherwise I'm styling challenged :wallbash:

*KP*

The stylist that does my cornrows says that kanekalon feels nicer to braid with, it does not hurt her hands as much. I like the way it feels

shynessqueen

you cant apply heat to synthetic or kankeleon hair....it will not hold up to heat anyway...kankeleon hair is already in a good soft texture for you to handle in braiding it...depending on your texture of hair it has a better hold to it when it comes to braiding...

This is not true. You can apply heat to Kankeleon hair. I made up a technique to do it and it very simple. You can make Kankeleon hair look and feel like human hair.