God's Anointed

Hi, I'm new and i need some help. Well ladies i've been a lurker for a over a year now and i finally decided that it was time to join today (shoulda done it sooner). Anyway, i'm in school and the weather over here is dry so i'm sad to say that my hair has gone downhill since last year. I was past armpit length in Aug '05 and about 3-4 inches away from brastrap and by Dec '05, it broke off to about shoulder length :mad: . I have been following some tips from the members here so i started to gain some of length back. My question is how do i combat the dryness on a budget? School ain't cheap and neither is housing. Can't wait for your responses ladies. I'll try to start an album really soon so you guys can see my progress so far.

InJesusName

:) Welcome! I love your name! You could try some of the less expensive conditioners like Suave and VO5. You can also add some everyday household items that are pretty cheap like EVOO, honey, cayenne pepper, mayonnaise, eggs and advocados. There are several threads on this forum on how to use these for moisture and/or protein conditioning. The more natural approach has totally changed my hair! HTH!

camellia

Welcome! :)

Honey and olive oil added to conditioner is a cheap but very effective way to get more moisture in your hair.

KiniKakes

Hi there! Welcome to the board!!!!

I agree w/those who have suggested adding regular household ingredients to your conditioner..... i am also partial to olive oil and honey. Be certain to deep condition at least once a week, if you arent already. And find a good water-based moisturizer. :)

*Happily Me*

when my hair is dry, i'll do conditioner washes daily. i slap it back into a ponytail and head off to work.

welcome to the board! :)

tenderheaded

Welcome to the famliy:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Silk Elements by Sally's is a great value with quality ingredients. Proclaims (sally's) Aloe and Shea Butter is a good moisturizing condish. Africa's Best Organics has some great products and a great price. Cream of Nature Detangling Poo and Motions Lavish Conditioning Poo last a long time and provide good moisture.

Ok - Enough of my special products. Enjoy yourself!!!!