BKfinest

Hello ladies I've been lurking around this site for about 2 months now and I must say there is a lot of great info here and I love love love it, but its so over whemling I do not know where to start so I will give you a little of my hair history and then maybe you can help me.. I'm trying to grow my hair out again. I'm currently pass shoulder length once it gets here it seems like it stops growing. 3 years ago my hair went crazy (in a good way) I went from shoulder length to a little pass bra strap length nice and healthy,I had no idea what was happening my hair have never grown that long EVER all I was doing (which I'm still doing) is going to the Dominicans every thursday for a wash and set, I only get my roots blown when I'm close to getting a touch up, I was so happy. Then all of a sudden my hair took a turn for the worst it started breaking off little by little to the point where I had to chop it off to a cute little bomb (right under my ears) So now I am back to where I started ( pass shoulder length) I would love to get bra strap length back or beyond if I could. I use to wear braids about 10yrs ago but stopped because they were ruining my edges, I've never worn a weave and I'm not a big fan of ponytails because of my edges. I love wearing my hair down after a good wash but I've read on here that wearing your hair down is not good for your ends because they rub on your clothing. So I'm stuck on how to wear it..So ladies I come to you with my hair in my hands. Help me pleeeeeeease.

ms.blue

Welcome BKfinest. Most likely you suffered heat damage from the dominican blowouts. I suggest to stop getting the roots blownout and just rollersets.

BKfinest

Welcome BKfinest. Most likely you suffered heat damage from the dominican blowouts. I suggest to stop getting the roots blownout and just rollersets.
Thank you Ms Blue. I thought about that also but the problem with my head is if I dont blowout the new growth my hair will be puffy ( helmet hair as I call it LOL) but I will try to deal with it.

Whimsy

Welcome to the board! Maybe you can alternate wearing your hair down with some updos that have a swoop in the front so your edges dont show?

Also, I agree that you're getting a lot of heat goin on. Try roller sets and then maybe wrap your hair to flatten the roots instead of flat ironing.

Maybe you can also experiment with doing your own hair instead of going to the heathappydominicans so you can control how much heat goes into your hair.

Good luck to ya! You'll be bra strap soon enough :)

bride91501

I don't rollerset but I'm pretty sure I've heard other ladies on LHCF mention rollersetting techniques that get their hair straighter than flat ironing. You may want to use the search feate to research the rollersetting threads.

Good luck!

BKfinest

Welcome to the board! Maybe you can alternate wearing your hair down with some updos that have a swoop in the front so your edges dont show?

Also, I agree that you're getting a lot of heat goin on. Try roller sets and then maybe wrap your hair to flatten the roots instead of flat ironing.

Maybe you can also experiment with doing your own hair instead of going to the heathappydominicans so you can control how much heat goes into your hair.

Good luck to ya! You'll be bra strap soon enough :)

Thank you Whimsy...I will give it a try and keep everyone posted

BKfinest

I don't rollerset but I'm pretty sure I've heard other ladies on LHCF mention rollersetting techniques that get their hair straighter than flat ironing. You may want to use the search feate to research the rollersetting threads.

Good luck!
Thank you Bride91501... I will search it now

danysedai

welcome to the board.
Although I love dominican blowouts, many ladies have experienced setbacks from too frequent blowouts,everything needs to be done in moderation. Just do the rollersets, protective styling, set up a good moisture and protein regimen and when getting a blowout just get your roots done. You have already got yourself to BSL, you can do it again.

BKfinest

welcome to the board.
Although I love dominican blowouts, many ladies have experienced setbacks from too frequent blowouts,everything needs to be done in moderation. Just do the rollersets, protective styling, set up a good moisture and protein regimen and when getting a blowout just get your roots done. You have already got yourself to BSL, you can do it again.

Thank you danysedai....I only blowout my roots when its close to touch up time.. I'm going to try to stay away from the blow drying for a while and see how that works..I just hate the puffiness that I experience without it...as far as moisture goes I normally use their dc with is called Salem deep impact or I will bring my Avanti silicon mix hair treatment. I will get it together hopefully

Welcome.

Well it seems like you are ahead of me when it comes to the length. I had to cut my hair short (a little before the ears) like how you describe yours. My hair was never shoulder length (from what I can remember) so I always feel as even it someone's hair was at least SL, they are greatful. I
I have to admit, it does get OVERWHELMING on here. So much, that I find it best to stay off here for a day or two and take a 'breather'. *sighs* But I find it really hard to stay off for a long time (and plus I paid for my subscription, so there is noooo way I'm staying off for lengthy periods).
I'm 'somewhat' new on here and there are plenty of newbies here as well. You'll fit right in.

Last edited:

BKfinest

Welcome.

Well it seems like you are ahead of me when it comes to the length. I had to cut my hair short (a little before the ears) like how you describe yours. My hair was never shoulder length (from what I can remember) so I always feel as even it someone's hair was at least SL, they are greatful. I
I have to admit, it does get OVERWHELMING on here. So much, that I find it best to stay off here for a day or two and take a 'breather'. *sighs* But I find it really hard to stay off for a long time (and plus I paid for my subscription, so there is noooo way I'm staying off for lengthy periods).
I'm 'somewhat' new on here and there are plenty of newbies here as well. You'll fit right in.

Thank you...yes I'll say I wont go on today but find myself on here anyway like They Be Calling Me!!!! LOL

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Alot of folks wear buns as a protective style to reach their hair goals. You could also try half wigs, which will enable you to leave the front of your hairline out while protecting the hair under the wig in the back. It could be a nice compromise to wearing your hair down.