southerncharm

first i would like to say hello to all of you beautiful ladies & second THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, you may not know it but you guys help me save my hair, i've been a member since july of last yr & also a lurker :grin: this is my first post, so i decided a few wks ago to stop being soooo cheap & pay my fee, so i can thank you guys.

i'm rockin' a fro, i've been natural for about 9 mos my last perm was in april of 2010, i did my bc in june of last yr, i thought that was it, i can just wash, plait & that was it, but boy was i wrong i never thought natural hair was so much work(trouble). i don't have problems with shedding only with dry ends, i tried any & everything, i even jumped on a few band wagons from here ( i also had to jump right off a few):lol:, not that there's anything wrong with that, cause you have to keep trying until you find the right answer, so by reading one of the posts i can't remember what post it was but i think it had something to do with moisture, i then got my ah ha moment(oprah moment), that was my problem, it's kinda embarassing to admit i wasn't moisturizing & sealing at all, only when i washed, i wasn't doing it everyday & my ends continued to dry out.
since june of last yr i've lost about 6in, cause i had to trim, i had to trim about 2in a couple of wks ago.
but then i got my ah ha moment, i remembered that post, you guys gave advice, about moisturizing & sealing, so it was like "now i got it", so i moisturize with WEN replenishing treatment(i'm a wen user), & i the life saver( who ever the sista that mentioned she seals with castor oil mixed with argon oil) she saved my hair i wanna say thank you, thank you girl, & to all of the rest of you.
if it wasn't for ya'll i was either gonna go back to perms or pressing, but for the last 2 wks no more dry or brittle ends(yay), i'm happy for my soft ends & i'm now proud to rock my fro instead if wearing a scarf when ever i went out in public.
sorry for the long post but i had to give credit where credit is due, again THANKS ladies.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Welcome!! I'm glad you found the answer to your hair woes. :yep: Have a happy hair journey and join in on some challenges!

Risingsun

Keep going, you will definitely find your way. Sometimes the road is tough at first, but it gets easier later. Peace