creolebombshell

This is gonna be long:(

:) Hi,

I've been looking at this site for quite some time and I finally decided to join. I am so inspired to get my hair in tip top sahpe. My hair is currently shoulder length. Back in 1996 I had tremendous growth with the protective ends style. I took it a step futher, when I was in college I would put, my hair up in a french roll type style, then put a stocking cap over it, and a winter hat. The only time I let my hair out was when I went out with my boyfriend, now husband. I slept on a silk pillowcase, ate right, I took I multivitaim, plus a energy supplement with vitamin e and bee pollen, and L-Cystine. I used nexus products exculsively and my hair went from about shoulder lenght, with breakage on the back right side, to bra strap all one lenght by July. Once it got to the lenght I wanted I didn't keep up with it as much as before but, it still kept growing. In 2001 I cut it to neck lenght and on top of that I put permanment color. My hair went through alot of breakage after that and it finally grew long again by summer2004. ( a little pass my shoulders)Once I saw it grew I decided to use the protective styles again and my hair was all one lenght by the spring of 2005. My hair grew and was thicker again but, then winter 2005 my hair thinned out. I thought maybe after having two kids and life that this was what I would happen but then I backtracked and I remebered I had to use the emergency morning after pill, which of course is birth control pills 4X the amount and realized my hair fell out due to hormones. Now after viewing this site and seeing the many inspirational photos I know I can get my hair back and better.

One thing I would like to add back when my hair grew I remeber reading a article by [SIZE=-1]Philip Kingsley,the world's No 1 trichologist. H[/SIZE]e said that in order to make your hair grow you need to eat every 3 to 4 hours I don't recall the exact reason but he did say this aids hair growth. Back then I made sure I walked around with a box of raisins or a bag of cheez its as snacks if I couldn't eat lunch or dinner every four hour and it worked. Also avoid eating fast foods( once in a while is good but not often).

Gryphyn

Great info, thank you. It sucks to have set-backs, but hopefully you can stay on the right track and your hair will be healthy and long again :D

Angelicus

Welcome! I hope you like it here, as I do. You'll get back on track in No-Time. Actually, you're supposed to eat every three or four hours for everyday growth. When I was in PR, they also said this, and they always keep fruit in their car to eat. No processed cheeses or products loaded with starch and sugar because it all converts to simple sugars that stunt growth.

Love you and can't wait to see you post more.