Newbies INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

PULLitBabyItsReal

Hey ya'l! i just wanna go ahead and introduce myself. I'on know how friendly ya'll are on this forum but i figured I might as well go on ahead and say Hi! Show you where i'm starting from.

This is my first week everrrrr looking at this forum. I started my hair journey last month.

My reason for wanting to take care of my hair is a unique one.

All my life i've had long hair, people would call it "good hair." But after my pregnancy I decided to go ahead and cut it all off..Why? Boredom. I didn't care for my natural hair anymore after I cut my hair completely off...and I was too impatient to wait for it to grow back to my mid back so... i began glueing all sorts of crap to my head. I didn't care how much of my hair was ripped out after I took out the previous style, i'd go ahead and glue more on. I never really deep conditioned for more than 5 minutes, I never really cared too much for my naturals, i am once quoted as saying, "Who cares about natural hair, as long as there is weave i'm good!!" I was wrong.
I found out a few months later my boyfriend cheated on me. From looking at her pics she resembled me in a few different ways. Body shape, and hair legnth. BUT!!! I Cut mine off. She boasted about her "long" tresses and a fire started burning inside of me. && here i am ya'll, ready to grow my hair back. my length before i cut my hair bald was about MBL. My moms hair is WL. i'M HOPING to get to mbl by the end of next year.

wish me luck! any advice on where to start out would do me so much good.

My hair type: Unknown, i can't really figure it out yet.
My hair length: its all over the place, but the pic says about NL
My hair texture: Relaxed
My current regimen: My hair is thin so right now i'm shampooing with Nioxin Once a week.
Conditioning with Nioxin once a week and Co washing with whatever I can find.
My hair goal: SBL *December 2012*

I'm just starting out so I'm actually just now getting the product knowledge I need to build a regimen. But I do Co-Wash and Oil my scalp at least 3 times a week. I also take Nioxin Recharging Vitamins

any of the newbies who want to go ahead and introduce themselves...feel free! we need to support each other!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Welcome to the party! :woot:

I hope you're still not with the cheater. :sekret:

MeowMix

Hello and welcome. This is a great idea. I'm such a chicken that I joined and lurked for durn near 3 years before I posted. Newbies please get in her and say hi.:wave:

There are a lot of hugs on here:bighug:

SEMO

Another old head just passing through to say welcome to all of our new members. :)

My advice to new members would be to evaluate what you're currently doing with your hair and see if any part of your routine (or the products you're using) is working for you. Sometimes a complete overhaul is not necessary.

For example, to this day, my #1 product staple (in all categories) is Roux Porosity Control shampoo and I've been using that at almost every wash since maybe 2000 or 2001 (back when I still had a relaxer). It's aimed at people who are planning to get a chemical treatment on their hair. But my natural hair loves it maybe even more than my relaxed hair did, so I'm going to keep using it as long as it does (btw, love that stuff).

cutiepiesensei

I'm a n00b!!! :-D Just joined yesterday actually :yep:

I don't know if I'm enough of a part of this forum yet to say welcome lol. My hair is above SL right now so my goal is to be about SL by December of this year. I'm a relaxed head too

I'm making pledges to myself to DC more, protein once per month, bun my hair like crazy, and get my dead ends cut off in a couple of weeks so I can start fresh and healthy!! I already tend to stretch my relaxers, but I will make sure I don't overstretch so I won't get breakage. I also plan to roller set my hair instead of blowdrying and I will do my darndest to try and flat iron less (we'll see how that goes though lol currently I do it once every two weeks)

Let's work on reaching our goals one day at a time! :)

sunnieb

bump !! newbs, i know your lurking. come on in & introduce yourself!!!!! i promise the veterans are not as scary as they seem!

:lol::lol::lol: at the bolded!

This is such a cute thread and a great idea! When I was new, I just jumped in and started posting in random threads. :drunk:

Welcome everyone!

Oh! I see you relaxed noobs in here.....don't be surprised if I tag ya'll in a few threads! :drunk:

kila82

Hi OP!!

I'm pretty new too! Lol started lurking in November and joined in December! Never introduced myself lol just started posting. In the short time ive been here I have learned a lot. This forum is amazing :D

athenat

Hello Ladies,
I'm a newbie as well but I've been lurking for years now. Just officially joined 2-3 days ago. Been natural for 1 year. Learned a lot from this forum and it's time for me to give back.:hiya:
Athena

HautePinkHeels

I'm new!

Hi.

I'm HautePink. Nice to meet y'all. I enjoy horseback riding and long walks on the beach.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using LHCF

Hi! I'm new too! Just joined a few weeks ago after lurking since November. Figured I learned so many great tips from this community that I might as well support it! I'm currently transitioning to natural and hoping to gain length and strength within the coming years!

Hope y'all are having a great night! <3

msharvey82

Hello Everyone

Hi I've been lurking around on the site forever. Getting tips and ideas from everyone. This is my first real post. I am currently natural and have a Brazilian Treatment (global keratin). I began transitioning Nov 2008 it was tough because I love straight hair. I BC'd Nov 2009 and didn't immediately love my curls. But as time passed and my hair grew I fell madly in love with my curls. After rocking my fro and headbands for a while I decided to do the bkt. I love it, however its been a while since I've seen my curls and I really miss them. My hair has grown alot since going natural, it was damaged before. I'm hoping I can get more tips and meet good people while on my way to my goal of BSL hair. Feel free to take me under your wing lol...below is a picture of my hair before my BKT and 9 mos after my BC.

ForumRunner_20120201_194907.jpg

Last edited:

Kdiamond19

Super Long Time Off/On Again Lurker. Finally paid my subscription in May so I'm using/lurking the site more. Welcome to all the Newbies/Lurkers & the OP. Happy Growing!

growbaby

Hey:wave: im pretty new also.. been lurking since oct. 2011 and joined in Nov. (i think) been learning alot, now just ready to grow! :grin:

rawgurl

Hi everybody! :wave: I'm new too. I've been lurking for at least a year, if not 2..lol. I finally decided to subscribe. I made my first post last night in the 'drink your way to waistlength hair' challenge, but it looks like no one has posted there for several months. Does anyone know if this challenge is over? Anyway, I'm natural with BSL 4a hair,working towards waistlength and trying to grow back my edges.

niqu92

girl!!!!!!! i sure am! its a long story. and he's my sons father so...were going to make it work ya know!

:look: watch out for some of the ladies on this board...that's all I'm gonna say lollol.but welcome the board you'll learn a lot of info and be Mbl in no time :)

Queenmickie

Always thinking about my next hairstyle.
Hi! i joined in July 2011 after three months or so of lurking. Do I still qualify as a newbie??? I love this site. It's has changed my HHJ for the better. What else? I'm 14 weeks post and I will keep going until I can't go no more!:blush:

GurlSidnee89

Hello! I have been lurking on this hair site for a while now so I think its time for me to introduce my self. My name is Sidnee and I have been on my hair journey for about 8 months now and I have learned so much from the women on this site. Check out my blog to see my progress sidneeloves.com

My hair type:4b
My hair length: BSB

My hair texture: Transitioning to natural
My current regimen: Wash once a week, deep condition twice a week
My hair goal: WL :)