Newbies INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

zionlady

Hello ladies, I am also new on this forum. I joined on the 1st of January 2012. I started posting and joined a few challenges the very day I subscribed. Nice to meet you all. Lets grow some hair together

MsLauren

i joined last month so i guess im still a newbie :look:

Ok so im transitioning without the big chop. My last relaxer was in September 2011. I'm currently bunning most of the time and trying to stop use heat. So far so good, I've only used heat once to length check in the last 2 months!!!

My new growth is growing like CRAZY and i'm so excited to become all natural!!!!

Pray for me y'al!! :grin:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Welcome new members!!!!!

chassiecrane

Hi,

I'm Chassie and I've been a lurker for quite a while. The day before my birthday, I decided to chop off all my ends and go completely natural. I'd been accidentally transitioning for over a year due to pure disinterest in re-relaxing on a timely schedule. One day I was washing my hair and I realized I loved my curls. So I asked my sister and personal hairdresser for my 19 years of life to chop off my ends and now I'm a full blown natural :)

The natural journey thus far has been a fun one. I've been in protective styles unintentionally most of my life, so I've always had healthy hair. Unfortunately, medical issues recently have forced me to give up my Brandy braids and has also given me the opportunity to learn to take care of my natural hair, so I'm trying to stay positive. Also, being a natural product junkie and a broke college student is at times a bad combo, but I'm working on it.

My hair type: Beautiful :) But some type of 4, I guess :ohwell:
My hair length: No idea, probably a little past my neck
My hair texture: Newly Natural
My current regimen: My hair is extremely thick so I've pretty much given up combing or brushing. Also, as many products as I own, I have no idea what to do with them nor do I know how to style my hair, so I wash once a week with Neutrogena Triple Shampoo, Deep condition with Hair Mayo, and wear my hair in wash-n-gos a la Suave Green Apple conditioner. I've tried and failed at pretty much every style on Youtube (I'm pretty sure I'm subscribed to everyone). My hair curls so tightly that all my wash-n-gos look like intentional time consuming curls so thats my go to style with a headband.
My hair goal: BSL by December 21, 2012 my 1 year anniversary :)

TXChic254

Hi all! I am a newbie as well even though I joined then lurked for forever! I'm finally getting around to posting on the site. After self relaxing= over processing and dyeing my hair to breakage, I decided to transition to natural. I'm about 5 months in and it's getting rough. My DH is somewhat supportive but none of my other family is so that's taking its toll. Making me want to relax BUT I just get on this forum when I start getting the itch lol

HHJ to all!!

Mahogony7

Hello Ladies,

I'm new here too, but I've been checking out the threads since last month. At first I thought about transitioning, but then I thought F%$^ it. I just cut off all of my hair. This is the shortest my hair has ever been, I feel good though. I plan to wear a wig and possibly some braids until I feel more comfortable. At the moment I adore ORS replenishing paks and use pretty much ever oil under the sun including Horse Oil. I look forward to future advice from you all.

Thanks

beautyintheyes

Hey everyone I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to say hey hey hey... Ive been reading your forums for a week or so now and Ive became addicted lol but you all give such great advice so I decided to join in instead of being a stalker

claudzie

Strolling with Unicorns
hi I'm new :D. I joined because i got tired of my short coarse hair and wanted gorgeous hair...so yeah *waves*

claudzie

Strolling with Unicorns
Hello Ladies,

I'm new here too, but I've been checking out the threads since last month. At first I thought about transitioning, but then I thought F%$^ it. I just cut off all of my hair. This is the shortest my hair has ever been, I feel good though. I plan to wear a wig and possibly some braids until I feel more comfortable. At the moment I adore ORS replenishing paks and use pretty much ever oil under the sun including Horse Oil. I look forward to future advice from you all.

Thanks

yes! ors replenishing pak is the one! I used it even before I begun my hair journey. What are your top 3 oils?

afroette

I'm basically new. Joined years back but never posted. I have relaxed hair. Thin and fuzzy ends. Shedding. A bald spot that' has grown back but is shorter still. And some jacked up relaxed patterns from letting my mom convince me she knows how to apply relaxer.

dozendiva

Been a member since last March but I rarely post. Last relaxer was Jan 14, 2011. I have been transitioning with weaves thus far. I recently took out my weave and was pleasantly surprised to find BSL hair. I started with relaxed SL hair. My hair is about 3/4 natural. I do not plan to BC until I reach the 2 year mark in Jan 2012

image-1143236483.jpg

image-1254655672.jpg

image-977152576.jpg