Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Aussie

im not a newbie anymore... but im still learning. for da newbies hit me up for anything... n check out my fotki:grin:

KLomax

OK, I did a braid out on my roller set hair..this is the 2nd more successfull braid out...I used silicon mix leave-in,then Nexxus Mousse Plus Volumizing foam..I rolled the ends w/perm rods(5 braids) ...my hair looks dull so the next time I am going to add a hair polishing serum or coconut oil.

Holla back ladies with any suggestions!!! :grin:

TaurusAngel

OK, I did a braid out on my roller set hair..this is the 2nd more successfull braid out...I used silicon mix leave-in,then Nexxus Mousse Plus Volumizing foam..I rolled the ends w/perm rods(5 braids) ...my hair looks dull so the next time I am going to add a hair polishing serum or coconut oil.

It looks really nice. ANd I know alot of women use CAntu Shea Butter for their Braidouts as well. But I like it.

Cindyl

I mixed 100% pure coconut oil with water in a spray bottle and spritz my hair throughout the day while braided and rub castor oil on my palm and smooth on the cornrows to seal my hair and I am going to oil my scalp with coconut oil every other day. Is this too much should I change something or leave something out? Thanx Ladies!!!!

pr3tty

Your hair looks great... I luv the curls

Jassy28

KLomax, I love the braid out, doesnt look dull in the pic. Very Pretty!

danigurl18

Currently in a weave and putting Aphogee Essential Oils on my scalp... washing the roots tomorrow with diluted shampoo

Blkprincess

sorry ladies, but everytime I see this dang post title, I think of the little fat midget lady from the movie "Poltergeist"

"" All r welcome "":lachen::lachen::lachen:

Tinky

Sorry for getting on board so late, but I am finally here :grin:. I've been a lurker since December, and last month I decided it was time to get involved. With so much information on the forum I don't know where to start when it comes to building a solid regimen. This is what I have so far:

I will co-wash either-
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
or Monday & Thursday (depending on how busy my week is)

Pre-poo-
I read on a thread about a Olive/Cayanne mix and I will put that on either Friday night or early Saturday morning to have it on my hair for at least a few hours.

Shampoo-
I was using Pantene R & N on my hair, but I wanted to try something new so I am trying the Nexxus line to see how my hair reacts to it.

Conditioner-
I like the Pantene R & N deep conditioning mask so I may still use that as a deep conditioner, but I am open to trying new things if anyone has any suggestions. I've been thinking about trying the ORS Mayo conditioner, but I haven't bought any.

Clarify-
I will clarify once a month using Pantene Purity Shampoo

MN-
I have been using it on my scalp for a couple of weeks now, and since I just got my hair relaxed I should be able to tell if it's really making a difference in the growth of my hair. I was using it by itself at first, but I didn't like the way it made my hair feel when it got on it so I decided to start mixing it.

I think I may start using henna about once a month. I want something to strengthen my hair, and my hair freaked out after I did a protein treatment last week. Maybe I can henna once a month and find a really mild protein conditioner to use as a deep conditioner.

As you can tell I still have a lot to figure out.

TaurusAngel

:welcome: Tinky!!!!

and :lachen:at Blkprincess.

as far as updates, i have none, but i am relaxing Friday so we'll see if theres a difference.

GodsGrace

Hey all,
Just would like to say hello to all the wonderful ladies on this board. Just joined and I hope we can really band together and support each other in our respective journeys. I've lurked enough and I'm ready to share and receive.
I'm currently relaxed, 4a/b. I'm trying to get together a regimen for this London weather to repair my hair since it's become badly broken, and I don't want to have to cut it off a second time.
So basically I'm going to focus on strengthening my hair, and laying off direct heat for a while. I also suffer from pretty bad dry scalp and hair, so I'd like to make my scalp healthier as well.
I'm looking forward to sharing these experiences, and with God's help, we can do this! :yep:

otegwu

this is my first ever post on here i have only been here for a month and have little idea on what to with my hair. i would really like to join this newbie challenge and "get some results"

i have been natural for 1 yr 8 month 4a really course texture, 2 weeks ago i slightly texturised, i think its for the best as my natural hair constantly knottted up.
ive been doing MN for the past 10 days, and am trying to do a wig challenge
but i think that i might need to know a bit more about the basics b4 i jump in the deep end!

Jassy28

Welcome Tinky, GodsGrace and Otegwu!

You are in the right place if you are on a mission for healthy hair. We are all here for the same reason so feel free to as any questions you may have. They say 2 heads are better than one and we have waaaay more than that:grin:!
Happy Growing!!!

Jassy28

Hey Ladies, Tomorrow is the big day, the 3 monthe stretch is finally over. I have decided to relax with phyto. I got index 1, hope i made the right choice. I figured it would be better to go milder first, and go to index 2 if i dont like the results.

Do any of you ladies texlax? I have been thinking about it for awhile. Any suggestion?

Galadriel

this is my first ever post on here i have only been here for a month and have little idea on what to with my hair. i would really like to join this newbie challenge and "get some results"

i have been natural for 1 yr 8 month 4a really course texture, 2 weeks ago i slightly texturised, i think its for the best as my natural hair constantly knottted up.
ive been doing MN for the past 10 days, and am trying to do a wig challenge
but i think that i might need to know a bit more about the basics b4 i jump in the deep end!

Welcome, Otegwu! What's your regimen and what shampoos, conditioners, and styling products are you using?

Galadriel

Hey all,
Just would like to say hello to all the wonderful ladies on this board. Just joined and I hope we can really band together and support each other in our respective journeys. I've lurked enough and I'm ready to share and receive.
I'm currently relaxed, 4a/b. I'm trying to get together a regimen for this London weather to repair my hair since it's become badly broken, and I don't want to have to cut it off a second time.
So basically I'm going to focus on strengthening my hair, and laying off direct heat for a while. I also suffer from pretty bad dry scalp and hair, so I'd like to make my scalp healthier as well.
I'm looking forward to sharing these experiences, and with God's help, we can do this! :yep:

Welcome Godsgrace! Are you using anything to treat the dry scalp?

Galadriel

Sorry for getting on board so late, but I am finally here :grin:. I've been a lurker since December, and last month I decided it was time to get involved. With so much information on the forum I don't know where to start when it comes to building a solid regimen. This is what I have so far:

I will co-wash either-

Pre-poo-
I read on a thread about a Olive/Cayanne mix and I will put that on either Friday night or early Saturday morning to have it on my hair for at least a few hours.

Shampoo-
I was using Pantene R & N on my hair, but I wanted to try something new so I am trying the Nexxus line to see how my hair reacts to it.

Conditioner-
I like the Pantene R & N deep conditioning mask so I may still use that as a deep conditioner, but I am open to trying new things if anyone has any suggestions. I've been thinking about trying the ORS Mayo conditioner, but I haven't bought any.

Clarify-

MN-
I have been using it on my scalp for a couple of weeks now, and since I just got my hair relaxed I should be able to tell if it's really making a difference in the growth of my hair. I was using it by itself at first, but I didn't like the way it made my hair feel when it got on it so I decided to start mixing it.

I think I may start using henna about once a month. I want something to strengthen my hair, and my hair freaked out after I did a protein treatment last week. Maybe I can henna once a month and find a really mild protein conditioner to use as a deep conditioner.

Hi Tinky! Sounds like you have a good starting regimen. I've also been using Pantene R&N recently and it's been great!

pr3tty

I will co-wash either-

Pre-poo-

Shampoo-

Conditioner-

Clarify-

MN-

~~~~~~~welcome~~~~~~