LoriLOCX

Welcome Back Everyone!!!!!

We are rounding up our HAIR BIBLE with the following topics:
16.Trimming
17.Hair measuring
18.Inspiration
19.Progress Pictures
20.Patience

Make sure you read through them and if you have any questions, here's the place to post them.

Everyone seems to be doing great!!! As you can see, our hair journey has no short cuts!!!! GET IT? SHORT CUTS!!!??? :lachen: Yeah, I know.....very corney....but true ;)

I hope everyone has been keeping on top of their journals. Good news is, if you haven't, you can go back through all of our threads and retrieve your information.

For those that haven't had the chance to read through everything, I can tell you that there were a lot of good questions, and great responses!! Thanks to all of you for making this successful. It would not have been without everyone...participating, replying, asking questions, responding to others, and most of all being a part of it.

We have a ways to go, so we won't abandon you. We're working on consistency, change/transformation, and growth!!!! So we will continue to grow. The biggest challenge will be HAIR BIBLE topic #20 - PATIENCE!!!!

Stay focused on your goals, consistent with your regime, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Everyone is so willing to help in any way they can.

JUST REMEMBER: The only thing CONSTANT in life is CHANGE!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

....and I quote the author of our HAIR BIBLE, our very own DSD:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hair doesn't regain health overnight and it doesn't grow that fast either. There is no miracle for hair just good ole patience and tender loving care. Be gentle to your hair and it will respond by flourishing.

I wish you all happy hair growing and may you reach your goals!!

Now here's your current task -
===================================
TO DO LIST:
===================================
1) Post your current product list..land why you changed from any of the original products you were using.

2) What is the current condition of your hair? If worse, please describe and explain why....and ask questions if you need some input.

3) Has anyone measured yet??? If so, go ahead and share!!!! :)

4) Journals.....
Hope you've been taking pics. Now is the time to start putting together an album. There are site suggestions listed in the HAIR BIBLE

Last edited:

moda

1) Post your current product list..land why you changed from any of the original products you were using. Pretty much same o same o here. I have been in a bun/baggie all month (minus a couple days) and I added s curl to my regimen to keep my hair soft and moisturized, thanks Senimoni :) . I also tried Black n Sassy Carribean creme when I plopped my hair. Oh, and I have been using DDTA and DDWL, great slip with my hair I l:love:ve this stuff. Ok, why did I lie and say same o same o, and had the nerve to mention 3 new products :look: I changed conditioners because of the DDTA rave, and I found some at work :yay: I changed leave in's again because of the rave, and I love another black n sassy product so I figured why not. S curl really did not replace anything, I just added that because of the bun/baggie I have been wearing, love being able to spray the product on and throw the baggie on top. I still use whatever shampoo is around, I normally do cw now, only shampoo if there is too much buildup, which luckily I have not experienced much buildup. No longer use a "special" deep conditioner, just use regular conditioner warmed up, thanks Peachtree :) . Oh yeah, I also added Aphogee 2 min reconstructor to help with shedding issues I was having.

[2) What is the current condition of your hair? If worse, please describe and explain why....and ask questions if you need some input. Well since I've been bunning I would hope to say better but I am not so sure, certainly not worse

3) Has anyone measured yet??? If so, go ahead and share!!!! Planning to check for progress next week *fingers crossed*

4) Journals.....
Hope you've been taking pics. Now is the time to start putting together an album. There are site suggestions listed in the HAIR BIBLE.
Already got one

Last edited:

LoriLOCX

I've been okay with posting the threads but not sharing my story. I just posted this in another thread, but thought it good for this one too, so here ya go ladies:
==========================================================
After joining LHCF, I feel that I've learned "How To Correctly Care For Hair" for the first time. I had to re-think what to use and how it should work. I had never heard of CW and asked a few members for advice.

I haven't posted much about my experiences, but I'd like to share since it all started with co-washing.

I read about all the stuff people were using and couldn't make up my mind what conditioner would be best....so I immediately became a product junkie. I started off by giving away so much of my current product, I could have opened a store. I had atleast 3 giant moving boxes full of shampoos, conditioners, hair sprays, and hair grease. Gave it all up!!! Then, I had to figure out what was going to work for me.

I bought every conditioner I heard of here....VO5, Sauve, Aubrey GPB, Infusium, Pantene, Clairol RX and Herbal Essence, Kenra, Nature's Gate, Loreal VIVE, NTM, Back To Basics, Surge, and then some. I'm not sure what was doing what because every night I tried something else rather than stick to one product because I was afraid of my hair getting use to any one of them. At first, it was a godsend becuase my hair was responding beautifully. I liked the soft, smooth, healthy look and feel. It stopped shedding, and my ends were stronger and thicker looking. Then, it all seemed to change and I was having a hard tiime figuring out why. I started putting more products on my hair after my final conditioner rinse, to combat dryness and the shedding that had returned. It wasn't working, so I was a little distraught. Everyone in the forum was having such great success and I felt like a failure....but I didn't give up.

I decided to simplify my routine and start again. I now have a regime that works perfectly for me. It leaves my hair soft, straight, moisturized, and beautifully wavy. I can stretch a relaxer beyond my dreams. So, what have I done differently????

I co-wash my hair with Nature's Gate conditioners or V05 or Sauve. I drench my hair with water and massage 3 handfuls of con in my hair. Then I might add an oil blend on top...massage for 2-3 minutes, put on a plastic cap for about 30 mins to 1 hour and rinse out. If I'm doing a deep con day, then I rinse that out in about 15 minutes, and apply Saleerm Hair Oil Mask for about 30 mins to 1 hour, then rinse and apply a deep conditioner that I might mix with honey and EVOO. This combo works wonders for my hair. When I'm not being lazy, I'll do a pre -poo with honey and EVOO or johoba, or coconut oil, or Castor Oil...or a mix of all of them. Then my routine of co-wash and deep con.

The biggest challenge for me was how I did my hair after I rinsed the con out. Too many choices!! So, I decided simple for me was probably best. What I've ended up with is the GREATEST combo to moisturize my hair..

I will use a rinse to detangle. It stay in the hair.
I think I like KeraCare's best, but I also love the Saleerm leave-in.
The next step is the bomb. I mix a quarter size amount of shine serum (Design Essentials Silk Essentials) with Bed Head Ego Boost. Oh MY GOD!!!
Then some hair creme - Design Essentials RX, or QP Mango butter.
For security, I might smooth some oil (Nexxus Botanic Oil) on top...but not everyday. Then I brush the outer layer with a boar's head brush to put up in a pony tail and airdry. Some days, I might use Dark&Lovely's Honey Wave Glaze & Carol's Daughters Hair Butter instead of the Hair creme and botanic oil. Either way...my hair is WONDERFUL for me.

Now, the last thing was figuring out the best way to airdry and wrap it really flat. I GOT IT!!!! I use a long silk wrap scarf and a net hair band that has a velcro close. I wrap the silk scarf around my head in a tight circle so the top is open. I tuck the end under the last turn of the scarf and secure with the band around my forehead, ears, and velcro it in the back. Now the top is open right??? Well, I put the top together like a ponytail, keeping it tight. Then I take a short scarf and wrap that around the top. It's like having your hair in a pony tail and creating another ponytail with the scarf. It gets really tight and flattens my hair beautifully. In the morning, my hair is unbelievable.
This routine will allow me to go 2-3 days without co-washing.

On a non-cowash day, I will spray my dry hair at night with John Frieda's Leave-in spray, and then follow the same routine above. It's just as wonderful this way!!!

I've been using protein once a month, and I've found that my hair LOVES and responds really well to Dominican hair conditioners. I've tried the Super 10 en 1, Silicon Mix, and Capilo's Milk & Honey. Now I've ordered tons of Dominican Hair conditioners.

I've transitioned from using mostly name brands like KeraCare, Affirm, and Dudley's to using more conveniently purchased cons and hair treatments. Some stuff I won't stop using like the Nexxus Omni Packs or KeraCare and Affirm products.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
1) Post your current product list..land why you changed from any of the original products you were using. Well today, I totally changed my product list and my regime!!! :lol: AGAIN!!!!
Products and regime I've been following:
*Shampoo once a week with Elasta Qp Creme Conditioning Shampoo
*Condition once a week with LeKair Cholesterol Plus mixed w/ Mega Care jojoba oil (no heat for 10-15 minutes)
*Massage scalp with Frenchee Super Gro every other day
*Moisturize hair as needed with Motions CPR Anti-Breakage Hair Lotion OR my leave-in concoction: Suave Humectant, Motions Nourish, S-Curl, Elasta QP Penetrating Moisturizer, Surge Plus 14, & oil mixture
*Apply Citre Shine Gel occassionally for shine and frizzies
*Clarify with Elasta QP Bodifying Shampoo every 4 weeks
*At night, wrap a silk scarf over my hair and cover with a satin bonnet (to keep silk scarf from slipping off my head)

Products and regime I will SOON be following:
No Product Method
With this method, I will only use conditioner (Suave Humectant or Herbal Essences) and shampoo (ElastaQP Creme Conditioning Shampoo) once a week. I might co-wash daily. If my hair needs moisture, I'll just spray water. My natural hair loves water and doesn't dry out from it.
I decided to take on this method because it's less manipulation and I don't have to put my hands into any thick grease like Frenchee on my scalp or pour oil moisturizer into my hand and rub it all over my hair. I don't need to do all this stuff with my short teenie weenie afro that I'm sportin' now.

2) What is the current condition of your hair? If worse, please describe and explain why....and ask questions if you need some input.
I believe the current condition of my hair is GREAT. It's much better than when I was relaxed.

3) Has anyone measured yet??? If so, go ahead and share!!!! :)
No, I haven't measured yet. I'm afraid I'll be discouraged it I measure it. The last time I measured (back in May), my hair was 1" in length.

4) Journals.....
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=133
hair photo album & password --> view profile

CarLiTa

Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor is good for stopping shedding??? i'm starting to get a little worried... i think i'm shedding too much. I think i've figured out the cause. Sweating a lot at practice dries out my scalp and causes me to shed. I need some oils on it. I ordered them, but dangit, they're not here yet!! and i have some APHOGEE 2 min. Will that help?:confused: tell me pretty please!

lovechic

CarLiTa said:
Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor is good for stopping shedding??? i'm starting to get a little worried... i think i'm shedding too much. I think i've figured out the cause. Sweating a lot at practice dries out my scalp and causes me to shed. I need some oils on it. I ordered them, but dangit, they're not here yet!! and i have some APHOGEE 2 min. Will that help?:confused: tell me pretty please!
It may, but it's not as "heavy duty" as the APHOGEE protein treatment in the white bottle with the purple writing. I think this one is to be left on for about 20 minutes!