Newly natural says don't sleep on smooth and shine activator gel. Pics included

soslychic

[img=http://imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png]
completely dry hair

hair is still wet

So this is my 5th day since B/C. My hair and I had been getting along OK, but I was disliking how hard the Ecostyler gel left my hair. I like touchably soft hair but wanted to define my curls. I got that when I tried the Smooth and Shine activator gel today. I did not purchase the one that said "extra hold," yet still my curls are holding up great! I'll try to remember to post pics tomorrow so we can see how long they hold up. My hair is noticeably soft. My DH was like "wowwww....so what kind of gel did you say that was??"I know there have been alot who have liked this, but those naturals who haven't tried it DO! It's cheap and it works. Let me point out that I am a mostly 4b, some 4a in the nape mainly. I have very little natural curl especially with my hair this short. My hair is also VERRRRY prone to dryness. But not with this gel. I applied this gel in sections after CW with aubrey honeysuckle conditioner and some qhemet heavy cream. I added a little castor for shine and combed with a goody brush. I used my fingers to give a quick twist to each little section to curl. I wish you could see better in the pics, but I was lovin' my hair today!

Last edited:

sumertyme08

Your hair looks great!! it may not be the most popular thing to do...but curl activator gel is the only moisture my hair gets, I put eco styler on top of it to give it the hold I need and it lasts all week...moisture included!! Those two styling aids are all I need...and it's so cheap!!!

soslychic

Thanks sumertymed08. If these don't hold up as long as I'd like, I may try your suggestion and use the ecostyler on top! Great idea!

thehairmaverick

Oh yes ma'am! I love me some smooth n' shine activator gel. Its the ONLY thing that keeps my ends soft and moisturized when they are out...

But I hear that they have changed the formula :ohwell:

soslychic

But I hear that they have changed the formula :ohwell:

I was wondering about that because I had seen from a girl's youtube video that the first 3 ingredients were water glycerin, and then aloe. On my jar it says water, glycerin propylene glycol and then aloe. But I'm still likin it :)

LoveCraze

Naturalista
Your hair looks great!! it may not be the most popular thing to do...but curl activator gel is the only moisture my hair gets, I put eco styler on top of it to give it the hold I need and it lasts all week...moisture included!! Those two styling aids are all I need...and it's so cheap!!!

I totally agree. These have been my staples since I BC'd. I have never had dry hair when using this combination.:yep:
OP, do try it with the eco and see how that works out also. It tends to actually clump the hair a little more than just the curl activator alone.

GlamaDiva

I've officially been 100% natural as of today (whoohoo!) and I had the same problem with the Ecostyler gel...I didn't like how hard my hair was...I got a similar result with Miss Jessie Curly Meringue...I had it from when I did twist outs while transitioning and thought I'd give it a try..my curls came out so beautiful and soft! for some areas that were a little fuzzy I did use the ecostyler to finger coil my hair...nonetheless beautiful! My main pic is the result of the Curly Meringue. I will have to try the Smooth and Shine one day also.

FebeeSigns

Grats! I use organic gels but I heard really great rave reviews on curl activator and Eco Styler. The results are fab!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Yep, that curl gel with eco was my holy grail until I relaxed.:ohwell: My hair used to be so moisturized. I am missing the ease of wash n gos now.:rolleyes:

soslychic

I tried the eco on top of the curl activator gel today and really liked it! Gave me some more hold without making it excessively hard.

soslychic

I can't believe this product has been discontinued and replaced with a yucky version. I didn't notice that it was different when I purchased it the last time until I used it and ugh! It left my hair harder, drier, it goes on white, it eventually flakes. I don't know what to do :-( I miss my soft, moisturized hair. Has anyone been able to find a substitute? I read on youtube about the sazzy lite activator gel but none of the Big Lots in my area have it and I can't find it online ANYWHERE

Mrs. Verde

I can't believe this product has been discontinued and replaced with a yucky version.

Yeah that sucks. I hate when they change the formulas. I really like this one.