Newly Natural/Short hair questions

candida1121

Hello ladies. I BC'd last month after a short 6 month transition (I couldn't take the tangling one second longer). I have 3-4 inches of hair and have been wearing wash in go puffs but I have a few questions.

1. What are some good protective styles for those of us without enough hair to bun?

2. Do any one you have any natural homemade treatments for dry 4a/b hair?

3. Any other tips you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ladies!

Missjae09

I too have short hair and unfortunately styling options are a bit limited unless you are into wearing braids, wigs, or weaves. unfortunately those things don't really work for me as well as other ladies so I opt for twist outs, braid outs, 2 stand twists, flat twists, bantu knots and every once in a while I'll even sport a wash n' go. I honestly can't wait for my hair to grow so I can wear a bun! lol

I hope this helps a bit.

detroitdiva

When my hair was very short in the beginning phase, I wore 2 strand twists and updos with bobby pins. I also wore afro and afro puffs using elastic headbands and tight scarves.

curlupndye

My hair is still short and I,mostly, do finger coils or two strand twists. Recently, I've been experimenting with roller sets and will also try my hands at flat twists.