**Newly Relaxed Support Thread**

ajoyfuljoy

I'm starting this thread on behalf of hair_obsession who is newly relaxed and searching for other members in the same boat.

It makes sense to me that being newly relaxed is probably a lot like BCing. It's a whole new world and you have to get used to it.

So feel free to post all your questions, concerns, fears and joys. Nothing is to simple or dumb :grin:

Desarae

Yay!!! I finally was able to post a new pic in my siggy:grin: I was 4b/c-napp when I was natural.

ETA: Guess it didn't work...

fivetimestwo

Today marks my one week relaxation anniversary (I made that term up) and I just have one question (for now), what are you guys using to moisturize? I've abandoned my butters because they're too heavy and have been just using my Giovanni Leave-in. But I feel I need something more because that's just not getting the job done. Any advice/recommendations?

Desarae

Ok here's one:grin: I haven't worn it straight yet, I'm just so happy that I can wash n go!

Desarae

Thanks ajoyfuljoy for starting this thread:bighug:

I really have no idea what I'm doing with my hair right now

I was natural for a little over 9 months and had been debating whether or not to relax again, but I knew that I would one day, so I figured, the more natural hair that I grow, the harder the decision will be for me to relax it so I might as well do it now.

I felt like I was cheating on my hair, from the time I was in the BSS buying the relaxer, to the time I got home and based my scalp, I thought I had made a mistake. Then it finally hit me, IT'S JUST HAIR. IT GROWS. Stop worrying yourself silly over it. I really look forward to continuing my hair growth journey and finally get hair past SL. (Which i've never had)

Last edited:

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
Today marks my one week relaxation anniversary (I made that term up) and I just have one question (for now), what are you guys using to moisturize? I've abandoned my butters because they're too heavy and have been just using my Giovanni Leave-in. But I feel I need something more because that's just not getting the job done. Any advice/recommendations?
Profective megagrowth anti breakage strengthener and HE LTR leave in

ajoyfuljoy

Thanks ajoyfuljoy for starting this thread:bighug:

I really have no idea what I'm doing with my hair right now

I was natural for a little over 9 months and had been debating whether or not to relax again, but I knew that I would one day, so I figured, the more natural hair that I grow, the harder the decision will be for me to relax it so I might as well do it now.

I felt like I was cheating on my hair, from the time I was in the BSS buying the relaxer, to the time I got home and based my scalp, I thought I had made a mistake. Then it finally hit me, IT'S JUST HAIR. IT GROWS. Stop worrying yourself silly over it. I really look forward to continuing my hair growth journey and finally get hair past SL. (Which i've never had)

You're welcome :) I bet that was a hard decision for you too! I've spent a lot of time agonizing over whether or not I should transition. But I came to the realization one day that it is just hair and it's still my hair whether chemically treated or natural.

I had no idea what I was doing with my relaxed hair for most of my life until I found this board. I had to take baby steps and my first one I ever took was using the Aphoghee "hard core" treatment b/c my hair use to fall out and break constantly. That was my beginning.

After being at this healthy hair thing for 15 months now I'm still trying to figure things out, so you all are not alone :yep:

Isis77

what a coincidence! i'm not technically a "newly relaxed" but i'm considering relaxing straight again (right now i'm technically relaxed but my texture looks more natural than straight). so i'm in the market to be a newly (straight) relaxed :grin:.

i'm conflicted though because i love how my curls look (so much that if i don't relax, i plan to just transition to fully natural) but on the other hand, i pressed my hair tonight and remembered how much i love my bangs and bouncing my hair around....but i think i'd like that all time.....minus the constant pressing......but i'd miss my curls!!!!:wallbash: so my question is, were any of you lovely ladies in this situation? do you plan to stay relaxed now or can you see yourself going back to natural possibly one day in the distant future? thanks in advance!

The Princess

I'm starting this thread on behalf of hair_obsession who is newly relaxed and searching for other members in the same boat.

It makes sense to me that being newly relaxed is probably a lot like BCing. It's a whole new world and you have to get used to it.

So feel free to post all your questions, concerns, fears and joys. Nothing is to simple or dumb :grin:

Can I be apart of this too, I just relax my hair, unfortunately I used Motions and left be texlax, :nono: Its cool, but Im also relaxed, just not as straight as I want, but I will rock this for the next 8 weeks and hopefully Mizani gives my better results.

Great Job for comming up with this thread. :drunk:

Ladies, whats some good Lye Relaxers that will not leave you Texlax? Since we now have a thread for Relaxed Ladies

wannabelong

I had that same issue. I first started using ORS Olive Oil in the jar. Now I use Silken Child moisturiser. I like Silken Child much better than ORS.

wannabelong

Can I be apart of this too, I just relax my hair, unfortunately I used Motions and left be texlax, :nono: Its cool, but Im also relaxed, just not as straight as I want, but I will rock this for the next 8 weeks and hopefully Mizani gives my better results.

Great Job for comming up with this thread. :drunk:

Ladies, whats some good Lye Relaxers that will not leave you Texlax? Since we now have a thread for Relaxed Ladies

I used Motions on me and my daughter's hair and it left both of us under processed. Throw that Motions away!

ETA: I use Miziani Butter Blend and I've just switched to Silk Elements Mild. I think I'm going to stick with Silk Elements because it is cheaper than Miziani and I got the same results.

Last edited: