Nexxus Emergencee Isn't Good for Relaxed Hair

metamorfhosis

Hello Ladies-:)

I was giving myself a protein treatment with Nexxus Emergencee last night and happen to read over the directions again. The directions read "Emergencee is an excellent pre-treatment for delicate hair prior to chemical services. :orders: NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE WITH RELAXERS."

I noticed a lot of ladies in this forum use this product. Have you experienced any damage to your hair as a result of using this product?:think:

Are you pleased with this product? What has your experience been like?

TeeKay21 said:
This was discussed a couple months ago.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=106464&highlight=emergencee+relaxers
I think everyone percieved that it should not be used DURING the process, but that it's fine any other time.

I've used it.... I didn't have any ill effects. I like egg as a protien treatment better than emergencee, but if outta eggs, I'll use it again.

Thanks, I was going to search for that thread too! I like Emergencee, but I may find a cheaper alternative when I'm done with it (I like your egg suggestion!).

I actually E-mailed the company after reading that sentence on the bottle. They said it's absolutely fine to use on relaxed hair, but it's not reccommended for use during the relaxer process.

IMO, we should always be careful when using proteing treatments since they can make your hair really hard. I don't do protein treatments any more than once a month, if that much. HTH.

Nexxus Emergencee worked fine for my relaxed hair, and Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum (Intensive Treatment) works just as good and it's cheaper.
I actually used EQP for yrs along w/Hask Placenta instant hair repair treatment to stop breakage for me and it always worked fine. Especially on days I didn't feel like dealing w/stinky old Aphoghee another one of my oldies but goodie protein treatments.

Ive had good experience with Emergencee..Only I think I like Cassia better. Short coming is the time it takes to rinse the Cassia out:ohwell:

Emergencee is okay, but since we're on the subject of eggs, I say go with eggs. They're cheaper and they have the same affect on my hair.

I've been using this since 1989 and never ever had a problem with my relaxed hair. I also have never, ever used it during the relaxer process. If I used it around relaxer time, it was after the neutralization step. And I have ALWAYS followed it with either a hot oil treatment or a moisturizing conditioner.

ashiah said:
Emergencee is okay, but since we're on the subject of eggs, I say go with eggs. They're cheaper and they have the same affect on my hair.

Amen sistah!! I tried to curb my breakage with emergencee and it stopped for about a day (if that) but some good ole egg and cholestoral mixed all up saved my hair. AND I saved $14:eek: or however much it costs:lol:

:yep: Emergencee stops breakage for me too. They MUST mean don't add it to your relaxer or use it before neutralizing.

Back