Nexxus Product going retail in 2006

blackbarbie

Nexxus Products going retail in 2006

Hi Ladies,
Don't know if this has been posted or not, but I just came from a sales appointment with a client of mine that owns a beauty college and we started talking about products, etc. and he was telling me that in 2006, Nexxus products will be found in Target (I think there were other stores too but he just said stores "like" Target). I know a lot of you guys use Humectress and I asked him what products. He said the whole line except for the Organics (I could be wrong but someone please correct me; I wanted to take out a pen and write all this stuff down so I could report back to you guys but didn't want him think i was crazy if I whipped out a pen on him!)

I asked about Humectress specifically and he said that product and some other product (if you say the name I will remember it) will have different formulations once they go retail............

This guy used to sell beauty products for 17 years so I would trust that he knows what he is talking about. (also said Redken products too)......

Last edited:

divinefavor

I've been seeing the Nexxus Products along with Paul Mitchell in Target for a long time and in grocery chains like Kroger. Will the new retail line have new packaging?

bluediamond0829

Yeah Nexxus products i can find them in Publix and alot of stores sale the products where i am...its just the prices may be a little more higher..because Trade secrets to me seemed cheaper..than alot of the stores...that i priced there products compared to Trade Secrets......

Lusa

For those of you Nexxus enthusiasts, I was in Rite Aid over the weekend, and saw Nexxus products on sale for up to 50% until 12/31/05. So, in case anyone was needing to replenish, you might want to give your Rite Aid a visit and see if the deal is good enough for you.

simone103

They've been selling Nexxus products in Target for a while now; well at least the ones in MD and VA.

HoneyDew

Lusa said:
For those of you Nexxus enthusiasts, I was in Rite Aid over the weekend, and saw Nexxus products on sale for up to 50% until 12/31/05. So, in case anyone was needing to replenish, you might want to give your Rite Aid a visit and see if the deal is good enough for you.

Thanks for the info. I have to check it out!

glamazon386

I actually bought my first 2 bottles of Nexxus Humectress from Target a while back. It was like 2 summers ago, In 2003. It was like 14.99 for that tall bottle but whenever I got up to the counter they couldn't ring it. Then they went on clearance the next time I went back and then I never saw the Nexxus Products in Target again. They started carrying Paul Mitchell shortly after that. I believe someone else posted about the formula possibly being changed once it goes into stores like Target and so on. I hope they don't mess up a good thing...

blackbarbie

Since reading so many good reviews about Nexxus products on the board, I have wanted to try but was too lazy to walk in a salon and purchase. I prob. have passed right by them in the stores, but since I wasn't particularly looking for them (not expecting them to be there), totally overlooked them. May give them a try now (if the price has been considerably reduced though; otherwise, I will just stick with what I'm doing..)

bluediamond0829

I have the Therappe i think thats the shampoo and the Humectress and they both smell good..not like the usual shampoo...because some shampoos really iritate my eyes just by their smell being so loud....

HoneyDew

Lusa said:

Thanks for this FYI. I got a tube of KeraPhix for 50% off during my lunch break. :)

This is one of the few Nexxus products I actually like.

Mizani_Mrs

Yea someone posted this info a few weeks back. I actually have never found nexxus products in anywhere besides salons. I haven't been lucky enough. I am so very sad to hear that the formulations will change. I have just discovered hummectress as a leave-in, mixed with WGO and it's the best i've ever came up with. I dont mind it going retail or even the price increasing, but DAG just don't change the dang-on formula...

I purchased 3 litre sizes from eBay and i JUST might purchase the gallon refill size....

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I would love to know why they would want to change a product that is wonderful and is well worth the price. Therapee is the best shampoo I've ever used in my life of hair care along w/the Humectress cond.. If they do change the ingredients I guess I'll have to try out the Sally's generic brand, or I'll try the NTM line and hopeful it will be just as good :( , Another post said that the guy who own's Sally's is buy Nexxus, if so I guess the formula will probably be equivalent to their generic brand. :ohwell:

Lusa

I do not use Nexxus products but I do know that they are found in various retail stores outside of Salons. I have seen them in Rite Aid, Safeway, Fred Meyer (Kroger owned store here in the West), Target, Trade Secret, and Nordstrom Rack.

Spidergul

simone103 said:
They've been selling Nexxus products in Target for a while now; well at least the ones in MD and VA.

Texas too. I brought a few bottles last year. They were going for 50% off. Maybe the formulation is different, because to me they were not as good. I did not even finish them. :confused:

Mizani_Mrs

U know come to think of it...Around charlotte, target does sell a few of Nexxus products but i've never ever seen therappe/hummectress which to me is the best in their line. i always see stuff that i'd never use, like the products that dont sell so well. like the assure poo and a few other treatments. anyways, yea i'd reckon that they would change the formulation to match the new price that they set. for instance if they decide to charge only $13 for the small bottle of conditioner that now costs $18, then they'd have to water down the formulation or even use inferior quality ingredients. Not saying that it would be BAD quality, but it would be 'drugstore' quality, and not salon quality as it is now. how tragic is that!!!.... Ugh!