Nikos

LondonDiva

Nikos

A few questions/ suggestions (if at all possible)

Ok

1. Is it possible to see replies to our posts via e-mail. For some reason this function doesn't happen anymore and it was quite a handy feature to be able to reply in time to someone's post.

2. Also if possible to have access to the replies via e-mail is there any chance that replies could be made via e-mail, or does this only apply to forums which are hosted by Yahoo. If not then no worries. **looks around** it's just easier to reply via e-mail therefore it minimizes my chance of getting caught /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'll just long on in my lunch hour if need be then.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Hi LondonDiva,

The functionality to get subscriptions to threads (what you are describing really) exists but not as you want it. At the moment if I enable it, as a nightly task you will receive the email notifications but not at "real time" when the post is made. However there is a modification that we can do to enable this. I am not sure if this would be feasible, since I need to see the bandwidth reports for this month, to ensure that we are well within limits.

As for your second question, simply no. Posting a message is quite a complex procedure in the database with relations to more than 5 tables holding personal and forum data. Hence we could in theory create a listener that would grab all the emails sent to a particular email address and then parsed towards the forum. Yahoo does it because their forums are nowhere near as sophisticated as this one.

I will put this thread in my "Remind Me" list to be reviewed when we have more stats and will get back at you.

Warm regards