NJoy's 1st Yr Progress in Pics

MzSwift

You've made awesome progress, NJoy..very inspirational!! I've been waiting for these pix as well since I use also use a sulfur oil mix as a growth aid. You inspired me to even try MSM internally. You'll make your goal next year for sure!

I'm an active member on BHM and I frequent the Growth Section. Only two members doubted growth aids. Everyone else (at least 10-15 other ladies) congratulated you and asked for your regimen. The majority of the ladies in that thread supported you.

casey3035

Your progress is absolutely amazing! I am bunning as we speak! LOLZ...By the way did you stretch your relaxers in between?

Rossy2010

Joy im just curious, what was your longest length before finding hair boards?? sorry if you had answered this before :)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
You've made awesome progress, NJoy..very inspirational!! I've been waiting for these pix as well since I use also use a sulfur oil mix as a growth aid. You inspired me to even try MSM internally. You'll make your goal next year for sure!

I'm an active member on BHM and I frequent the Growth Section. Only two members doubted growth aids. Everyone else (at least 10-15 other ladies) congratulated you and asked for your regimen. The majority of the ladies in that thread supported you.

True. Everyone over there is VERY nice to me and VERY supportive. I was only challenged in that one thread. And that was before I really started posting. I was mainly a lurker for several months. It's all good now tho. I love my BHM sisters too. :yep:

Your progress is absolutely amazing! I am bunning as we speak! LOLZ...By the way did you stretch your relaxers in between?

I stretched to 3 months the first time and now I'm in my longest stretch, which is 6 months tomorrow. Remember, I was just finding out about all this stuff since coming to the boards.

Joy im just curious, what was your longest length before finding hair boards?? sorry if you had answered this before :)

My hair has never been longer than apl. And it was a raggedy apl whenever it was. I'm talking, ponytail looking like a crackhead squirrel's tail. But you couldn't tell me I didn't have hair. :rolleyes:

I specifically remember feeling like my hair was heavy when it got to bsl. But that was because I've never been that length before. This is the longest I've EVER been. :spinning: I'm clearly in the gravy section.

ParagonTresses

Thanks for sharing Njoy! Loving all your progress! Will you maintain at WL or will you keep growing? (I'm sorry you answered this already)

Candy828

Your hair is beautiful and it grows fast!:shocked::drool: Also, you retained length and that is great! I hope to see you posting on the CL board next year!:look: You know I am always recruiting!:rofl:

newgrowth15

Congrats, NJoy. I think I may try sulfur as a growth aid this year because of your inspirational pictures. Thank you.

Keshieshimmer

Absolutely impossible for me! I love your hair you are doing so a good job with your hair. I would love to try sulfur but my scalp is irritated by it.

Looking forward to more progress photos!

pureebony

love it Njoy, your one of the most helpful people on this board!! congrats you deserve all that progress lol whoop whoop!!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
love it Njoy, your one of the most helpful people on this board!! congrats you deserve all that progress lol whoop whoop!!

Thank you. That means SOOOO much to me. I try to be a helpful contributor because I have received so much since being on the boards this year. Thanks Fam!

SmileyNY

THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!

I'm a brand new texlaxer and you are an inspiration to me. I would love to have progress pics like yours by this time next year :)

Last edited:

Eisani

:scratchch Congrats. I'm not even going to sit here and lie; I am a bit of a skeptic. Could you share a bit more info about the sulfur and how you use it? I'm sorry if it's been posted before.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
:scratchch Congrats. I'm not even going to sit here and lie; I am a bit of a skeptic. Could you share a bit more info about the sulfur and how you use it? I'm sorry if it's been posted before.

I have no problems with skeptics. Especially since I'm not trying to sell anything. No links. No products. In fact, I freely shared err'thang. Recipes and all. *shrugs* I have info on my reggie in my lhcf blog. And I think I have even more pics in my lhcf photo album. And there's good info on sublimed sulfur on the first page of the Sulfur Challenge 2010.

Njoy! :yep:

ETA: I literally grew my hair outloud right here on LHCF. I posted the ups and downs. Never was the quiet, blending in type. I asked questions, participated in challenges and posted my support. Didn't I? I know I can get a witness. Sistas? :grin:

Last edited:

reeko43

Beautiful!!! Have you inspired your friends and family to do their own sulfur challenges? I have already signed up for this year's sulfur challenge after reading through the last challenge thread and seeing your documented progress. Great job and what an inspiration!

ladyviper

I have no problems with skeptics. Especially since I'm not trying to sell anything. No links. No products. In fact, I freely shared err'thang. Recipes and all. *shrugs* I have info on my reggie in my lhcf blog. And I think I have even more pics in my lhcf photo album. And there's good info on sublimed sulfur on the first page of the Sulfur Challenge 2010.

Njoy! :yep:

ETA: I literally grew my hair outloud right here on LHCF. I posted the ups and downs. Never was the quiet, blending in type. I asked questions, participated in challenges and posted my support. Didn't I? I know I can get a witness. Sistas? :grin:

Not only that but your hair journey was well documented (and very openly..no secrets ) in your blog posts as well as your regimen actually you kinda inspired the (new) sulfur challenge. You never left anything out so yeah we were there front-row!

Renee29

inspirational! That's great progress Njoy. You should have no problems reaching your goals for the year

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Beautiful!!! Have you inspired your friends and family to do their own sulfur challenges? I have already signed up for this year's sulfur challenge after reading through the last challenge thread and seeing your documented progress. Great job and what an inspiration!

That was not something that I wanted to do early on because I was still trying to understand it for myself and, since I made my own mix, I was basically using myself as a guinea pig. About halfway thru tho, my mom started asking me questions and I shared what I was doing but wasn't comfortable sharing the information on my sulfur mix. This is because she was trying to grow her hair back from chemo and I just have no idea how the sulfur or ANYTHING would do. I mean, she has medical issues that keep her from getting certain OTC meds so, I'm just not going to chance it. I did turn her on to scalp massages and jbco to thicken what she has coming in.

I do have friends and family asking me what I'm using now. But, I still get eyes that glaze over when I mention any concoctions. People don't really want to do the work. They want an instant fix. I dedicated a year to get what I have. I'll stick to encouraging ladies on the boards. At least I know we're all willing to put in the time and work. I've learned that you just can't go talking sulfur and some of the other things we discuss here IRL. C'mon son! :lol: