NJoy's 1st Yr Progress in Pics

Eisani

I have no problems with skeptics. Especially since I'm not trying to sell anything. No links. No products. In fact, I freely shared err'thang. Recipes and all. *shrugs* I have info on my reggie in my lhcf blog. And I think I have even more pics in my lhcf photo album. And there's good info on sublimed sulfur on the first page of the Sulfur Challenge 2010.

Njoy! :yep:

ETA: I literally grew my hair outloud right here on LHCF. I posted the ups and downs. Never was the quiet, blending in type. I asked questions, participated in challenges and posted my support. Didn't I? I know I can get a witness. Sistas? :grin:
Good for you and your supporters. No shade, just expressed legitimate feelings. I mainly lurk, and not too often on the hb since I long met my personal goals. Again, congrats.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Good for you and your supporters. No shade, just expressed legitimate feelings. I mainly lurk, and not too often on the hb since I long met my personal goals. Again, congrats.

No problem and I hope I caused no offense. I appreciate you saying that because, maybe there're others who feel the same way but just didn't feel comfortable speaking up. Just want you and anyone else to know that i'm in this with everyone else and hope this is an encouragement, especially to any who holds on to limiting beliefs about what's possible.

I'm not special and have no hidden information or secrets. If my hair can grow, than theoretically, anyone's hair can grow. To those who don't believe it's possible, it's not. But if my experience can open up possibilities for someone else, or plant a seed of faith the size of a mustard seed, then I feel like I've been a good friend and made a worthy contribution. I hope so, at least. :yep:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
NJoy you are my new hair idol, even though we have different texture I'm so inspired by your progress.Congratulations to you!

prettynatural

Think, Do, Be
your progress is amazing. You have sold me on hiding the hair! I did some hiding over the summer only because I liked the styles of my half wigs and I did retain a lot. ummmm. I will give this a try.

Thanks!

nikki2229

NJoy, your progress is amazing. I think you are really sweet and giving of your knowledge and sharing your progress with us.
You are so right about envisioning things and believing. I think many of us need that reminder, if we believe then nothing is impossible. There used to be another member here who held the same philosophy about her weight and goals. She said she envisioned her waist being small and other things and so it was for her.

Thanks for sharing. Good luck with your weight and health goals. You truly seem humble.

NYAmicas

Seeker
+Congrats and your pics have inspired me to really be more attentive towards my hair this year and get it to the best it can be.

bride91501

Your progress is AMAZING- you have no idea how many people, on and off the board, you've inspired to care for and grow their hair to great lengths. 3 people connected to me, and they're not even on the boards!

Thanks for reminding me that this type of awesome growth is possible, no matter your hair history :yep:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Great progress. From March to April was amazing! I'd love to see a closeup of that bun. :)

Tried to crop it to see if I could get the pic bigger but it didn't work. It's a scarf covering my bun. I'm using one of those long rectangular scarves folded once lengthwise. I place it across the back of my bun and hold it in place with my hand. With the other hand, I alternate twisting and wrapping the scarf around the bun. The alternating is what gives that layered look. then I tie and tuck the ends under the bun cover. And in the pic, I have a barette added for interest.

Wish I'd taken a better pic. I was trying to show Grow how I was covering my baggied bun.

Hope that makes sense. :yep:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Your progress is AMAZING- you have no idea how many people, on and off the board, you've inspired to care for and grow their hair to great lengths. 3 people connected to me, and they're not even on the boards!

Thanks for reminding me that this type of awesome growth is possible, no matter your hair history :yep:

Wow! Suddenly I'm VERY conscious of my rolls. That does it! My 2011 pics will be with a P90X body. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Wow! Suddenly I'm VERY conscious of my rolls. That does it! My 2011 pics will be with a P90X body. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm starting Insanity in a couple weeks (to lose baby weight). I'll stick with it for when I reach MBL(years from now):)