NJOY'S HAIR CONCOTION CHALLENGE

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I think I'm gonna have to BC to really get into this challenge. I'm still trying to avoid the extra manipulation because of transitioning. Seriously considering BC'g next weekend.

KaramelDiva1978

I think I'm gonna have to BC to really get into this challenge. I'm still trying to avoid the extra manipulation because of transitioning. Seriously considering BC'g next weekend.

You're already BSL go for it Hun!!!! We're ready for you!!! :)

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Washed, DC, m&s then applied my concoction today and I'm currently sitting with my plastic cap. So far I'm only applying twice a week but will try to increase to 3 times a week. I didn't get an oil slick today, I'm learning to apply less!

MrsMelodyV

Prepoo, wash, condition, and deep condition before applying my mix. Did a scalp massage and now I'm hanging with my little guy watching Caillou. :)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy, if you bc now, won't you have you still have a nice length?

:yep: But not compared to Hip Length. :look: Ah well. It'll grow. What am I waiting on?

@NJoy--

I can't wait to see pics
Do it!!! Do it!!! Do it!!

Bwahahaha! @NJoy Chop chop chop!

If you want to :).

Sent from my iPhone

You're already BSL go for it Hun!!!! We're ready for you!!! :)

Jump! Jump! Jump! :lol: Did somebody just push me?

I'm ready really. The contrast between the two textures is obscene. The length will still be pretty good but, I'll have to get used to the shrunken length. That's a whole 'nother story.

But at least I'll be able to seriously hop on board the growth train again. That was fun.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
:yep: But not compared to Hip Length. :look: Ah well. It'll grow. What am I waiting on?

Jump! Jump! Jump! :lol: Did somebody just push me?

I'm ready really. The contrast between the two textures is obscene. The length will still be pretty good but, I'll have to get used to the shrunken length. That's a whole 'nother story.

But at least I'll be able to seriously hop on board the growth train again. That was fun.

Good luck! And post pics along with your experience when ever you decide to do it's :)

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I was too lazy last night to apply my mix so this morning as I was putting my hair into a bun I decided to do a quick application. I thought everything was fine but I got to work and was walking down the hall with my girlfriend and she said what is all that stuff on your neck, cream lotion or something? Oh my goodness, I had an OIL SLICK like crazy on my neck LOL. I'm still trying to wipe it off but it must be just running down constantly because I wiped it off earlier and it's slick again LOL.

What I wouldn't do to grow some hair LOL.

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
Hairsnob said:
I was too lazy last night to apply my mix so this morning as I was putting my hair into a bun I decided to do a quick application. I thought everything was fine but I got to work and was walking down the hall with my girlfriend and she said what is all that stuff on your neck, cream lotion or something? Oh my goodness, I had an OIL SLICK like crazy on my neck LOL. I'm still trying to wipe it off but it must be just running down constantly because I wiped it off earlier and it's slick again LOL.

Lol ..
I now do nighttime application only.

greenandchic

Checking in:

I've been applying my main mix every other night and alternating it with a secondary mix I made (without the HTGE) to stretch it out a bit. The second mix I made has coconut oil and peppermint oil - my original one doesn't.

Slicebread

Hi everyone I have lurked for 4 weeks and I joining this thread. I have used NJoys concoction for 3 1/2 weeks and seen mega growth adding MN. I'll post pics soon for start. I'm a newbie but love this site. I'm NL-SL. My goal is WL.

Evo-ny

Since the sulfur doesn't dissolve into the oil and there's always a ton of sediment at the bottom, do you top up the oil when it gets low to keep the sulfur % at a safe level?

I shake it up really well before I use it, but I'm guessing that once I get to the last few ounces, it'll be more concentrated.

JaszyFaye

Hey y'all just checking in. I've changed up my mix. I apply this mixture every other day and I've been wiggling it.

1 tsp of sulfur
4 oz of coconut oil ( idk about y'all but my mix doesn't smell to the high heavens lol)
2 oz of safflower oil
2 oz of grape seed oil
A couple drops of peppermint oil

BadMamaJama

LOL! Sometimes I think I've only put a little on and I look up and my neck is hella greasy! Yuck! I've learned to only apply when I'm in the house for the eve.

cynd

Is anyone else having problems with extreme dryness? I make sure to only get my mix on my scalp, avoiding the actual strains and I've doubled up on keeping my strains moisturized. I've tried everything from baggying overnight to just leaving the mix in for only a few hours. Either way, my hair looks like a brillo pad and little clumps or tufts fall out as soon as I use the mix. I've used it almost every day or every other day. Yesterday, I lived in conditioner and oils and when I washed them out my hair was so soft I almost had to tie my hands down to keep from stroking it, and it was still soft when I woke up this morning. I literally just applied my sulfur mix about an hour ago and my hair is back to being a brillo pad already and little clumps are hanging on the ends ready to drop off. Maybe my hair just doesn't like sulfur. I really wanted to do this. I'm so sad.:sad:

BadMamaJama

NJoy can help I'm sure. I tried MTG before and it dried the crap out of my hair. With this mix, my hair doesn't feel dry at all. I'm guessing it's your mix. What's in your mix?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy can help I'm sure. I tried MTG before and it dried the crap out of my hair. With this mix, my hair doesn't feel dry at all. I'm guessing it's your mix. What's in your mix?

Here's the recipe. Sulfur is drying. I think baggying, using "scalp-friendly" oils and cowashing keeps my hair from feeling dry. I'm not really sure "cade oil" (the stinky stuff in mtg) is scalp-friendly.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Is anyone else having problems with extreme dryness? I make sure to only get my mix on my scalp, avoiding the actual strains and I've doubled up on keeping my strains moisturized. I've tried everything from baggying overnight to just leaving the mix in for only a few hours. Either way, my hair looks like a brillo pad and little clumps or tufts fall out as soon as I use the mix. I've used it almost every day or every other day. Yesterday, I lived in conditioner and oils and when I washed them out my hair was so soft I almost had to tie my hands down to keep from stroking it, and it was still soft when I woke up this morning. I literally just applied my sulfur mix about an hour ago and my hair is back to being a brillo pad already and little clumps are hanging on the ends ready to drop off. Maybe my hair just doesn't like sulfur. I really wanted to do this. I'm so sad.:sad:

@cynd

Whoops. I didn't look up far enough to see that you had the original question. Have you tried clarifying your hair? I don't get dryness. But then again, I cowash it out the next day and alternate sls and non-sls scalp-only poo'g as needed to prevent build up. Right now I'm using acv rinses to do the same. Not every time tho. Build up can prevent moisture from getting into your strands. Just a thought.

ETA: Also, check your recipe. I'm not sure why you're getting instant dryness. I don't get that at all. It could be that your hair doesn't like sulfur. Not sure, hon. Sawwy. :ohwell:

Last edited:

cynd

Here's what I'm using BadMamaJama:

1 tsp sublimed sulfur
4 oz jojoba oil
2 oz JBCO
1 oz grapeseed oil
1 oz avocado oil
5 drops peppermint
5 drops rosemary

I've used all of these things w/o the sulfur before and didn't have the problem with excessive dryness.

BadMamaJama

Yes, your mix looks pretty good. Do you moisturize before using your mix? That helps me. Maybe you should add some more oil. My mix is majority castor oil and I love it. The key is to get your mix so that it works for your hair. cynd

cynd

thanks @NJoy. Overnight baggying seems to give me headaches but I do baggy for a few hours during the day and I pile on the moisture and seal my strands with oil when I apply the mix. Some times it's a little bit better than other times, but it's always dry.

cynd

Yes, your mix looks pretty good. Do you moisturize before using your mix? That helps me. Maybe you should add some more oil. My mix is majority castor oil and I love it. The key is to get your mix so that it works for your hair. @cynd

BadMamaJama, I actually moisturize right after I put the mix on my scalp because I thought that would help ensure any mix that got on my actual strands would be well moisturized. I'll try doing it before and I also may change my mix to make it heavier on JBCO and use less of the lighter (jojoba, grapeseed) oils and see if that helps. My hair very thin and pretty low density as well, so I can't afford to have it come out in little clumps. At the rate I'm going, even if the mix works for me I'll end up with two or three booty length strands left on my head.