NJOY'S HAIR CONCOTION CHALLENGE

xu93texas

Thanks xu93texas! I'm trying not to get hair lazy and so I'm constantly looking for motivation and inspiration. I don't even know where to begin shopping for wigs. I hate the really shiny and silky ones because it's so obvious. I like the short ones but they don't hid my kitchens, lol. As for the long ones. Let's just say DH won't agree with it. He dislike wigs and weaves so I'll have to find a happy median.

How's the TWA coming along?? I see you're coloring your hair soon, you're not a fan of henna?? You can do a henna and then indigo if you want black hair...

I'm finally starting to see some growth. I'm not into my hair right now, therefore still wearing wigs. I'm doing a rinse b/c my grays are popping. I have to do more research on henna. Anyhoo, I'll pm you later :)

KaramelDiva1978

I'm still applying and massaging my scalp about 4 times a week and co-washing twice a week with a shampoo and deep condition on the weekend. :yep: New growth is feeling nice and thick at only 4 weeks and 3 days post relaxer. I still have 4 more weeks to go, so I'm very curious to see how much growth I will receive in that timeframe. I want to really jumpstart my results though. I think I will get back on my workouts and water intake for the next 4 weeks. :lick: I missed last week because my schedule was crazy busy with my kids, but this week I'll be back on my grind for total body health. The sweat and the aerobic activity will be good for the whole body.

Glad to see everyone on board! Happy Hair Growth!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Planning to BC tonight. THEN I'll be able to go full throttle on my growth game. I feel like I'm starting all over again...but natural. :look:

blackberry815

I'm in I use this I just make sure I have 8 ounces of oil.. I used olive oil, grape seed oil, castor oil and evoo. I am not cowashing daily.. I'm leaving that sucker in and throwing a wig on...

MrsMelodyV

I've been applying everyday. I straightened my hair Sunday though and I hate how oily and weighed down it feels. I'm going to switch to every other day at least while I have this straight hair itch. I really want the results so I'm having an internal struggle about not applying daily.

KaramelDiva1978

GM ladies! On the grow over here. Applying this morning then French braiding my hair for the day. Co washed with Wen last night and moisturizer and sealed. Have a good everyone!

Evo-ny

On a short hiatus, gotta relax my hair. I should have done it beforehand, but I was planning on transitioning.

Maybe I'll consider going natural again when I have more time to properly care for it. :(

nickmack

Hi ladies! I know this is a challenge thread, but since there are so many people taking part, I figured HERE would be the best place to ask! Has anyone with existing scalp drama (like psoriasis, seborrhoeic dermatitis or eczema) had issues with using this mix? i.e. is it okay to go for it without fear of flare ups? :)

TIA!

Slicebread

ladieluv2010 said:
Is it okay to perm with this challenge? and will the sulfur interfere with the chemicals of the perm?

You should wait at least a week before perm. You could burn or have to wash it out before it tarts to take.

Dabaddest

I finally paid for my subscription after years of lurking so I'll officially join this challenge. My current length is cbl. I'm all natural. I have been applying my mix everyday since August 26th and doing a daily morning co wash. I haven't co washed in the last week because the temp dropped in mi.
My mixture
4oz castor oil
2oz jojoba oil
2oz evoo
A whole lotta peppermint oil. I love the tingles!!
A heaping tsp of sublimed sulfer

My new growth is amazing! I can't wait until my two year anniversary of being natural on nov 1 2012. I wanna see my progress!

Dabaddest

Hi ladies! I know this is a challenge thread, but since there are so many people taking part, I figured HERE would be the best place to ask! Has anyone with existing scalp drama (like psoriasis, seborrhoeic dermatitis or eczema) had issues with using this mix? i.e. is it okay to go for it without fear of flare ups? :)

TIA!

Yes, the mixture has actually improved my extreme dandruff problem. I don't have a itchy or flaky scalp anymore. I used to wash with prescribed shampoo at least once a week because of my scalp. Now I sometimes forget to wash with shampoo because my scalp doesn't itch. Co washing seems to be just fine.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Applying my mix two days then washing third day and continuing that cycle. I originally wanted to apply daily buy this way is better for me. Or shall I say easier lol.

xu93texas

I had to stop for a week b/c of doing a semi-permanent rinse. I'll be back on my game next week-applying everyday and cowashing every morning.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I CW'd my hair last night with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa (LET ME JUST ADD THIS CONDITIONER IS THE BUSINESS!)...

...I am fixinento moisturize and seal thoroughly and apply my mix and massage for about 10-15 minutes.

Have a great start to your weekend ladies :).

KaramelDiva1978

Oiling and tying up with my satin scarf and bonnet nightly. Thanks to KiWiStyle I am mastering the French braid and I get gorgeous braidouts from it!

ForumRunner_20120923_221415.jpg

Just tuck my ends and go.

freckledface

I've been using my mix almost everyday and co washing every 3 or so, just when ever it gets too greasy. I'm almost 9 weeks post, always relax at 8 and don't feel the need to anytime soon. Ive got ng but its so soft and lays down without a fuss so I'm good. Loving this so far!

Ajna

Checking in. I am using this about once every 5 days the night before I shampoo or co-wash, since I am at it I have also been taking the time to work on my ends by spritzing with water, adding a conditioner and sealing with oil the sleeping in a baggie and wow it is making a significant difference in my moisture. This week I did a protein treatment to keep it balanced.

DominicanBrazilian82

Ok! Ok! Ok! I know I'm late, but I will officially join when I pick up my sulfur from CVS tomorrow afternoon. On my way to the BSS on 163rd and 12th (for all my North Miami ladies) to grab that JBCO and Wheat Germ Oil. I ordered some HTGE over the weekend that I will be using in mu mix ad well. Will post recipe and terms later tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

greenandchic

Used my mix #1 and #2 since I last cowashed on Thursday. I will cowash tonight and use mix #1 (the one that contains HTGE :lick:).

futureapl

I didn't apply the mixture this weekend because I was planning on relaxing my hair Saturday. It looks like I may relax next weekend though. My new growth is so soft :)