NJOY'S HAIR CONCOTION CHALLENGE

DominicanBrazilian82

BadMamaJama said:
Here are Njoy's original ingredients:

1 heaping tsp Sublimed Sulfur Powder
4 oz Organic Jojoba Oil
2 oz Jamaican Black Castor Oil
2 oz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil(EVOO)
4-5 drops Rosemary Oil
4-5 drops Peppermint

*You can sub oils if you like, but you must use 8oz of carrier oil.

BadMamaJama please add me to this challenge... :smile:

Which challenge are you in, 4 or 6 month?

6 Month Participant...

Your mixture?

- 1 TSP Sulfur Powder
- 2 oz HTGE
- 2 oz JBCO
- 2 oz Jojoba Oil
- 2 oz WGO
- 2 drops Rosemary Oil
- 2 drops Lavender Oil

Starting pic:

image-1224317337.jpg

image-2787244568.jpg

If relaxed, how many weeks post?

14 Weeks :grin:

I will start on Friday when my HTGE arrives :) Vanilla Cake flavor :lick:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Dabaddest

1 month strong!! I started on aug 26, I wish I had pics from that date but I will take some today when I get my hair freshly braided. My have a lot of new growth for 1 month. Can't wait to see what my results will be in 6 months!

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
Taking a sulfur oil break for the next 2 days. Cowashing tonight and then I'll be flat ironing my hair in the morning and don't want the oil to mess with my swang :gorgeous:

DominicanBrazilian82

QueenAmaka said:
Taking a sulfur oil break for the next 2 days. Cowashing tonight and then I'll be flat ironing my hair in the morning and don't want the oil to mess with my swang :gorgeous:

Just in time to be fancy for the weekend :smile:

DominicanBrazilian82

Just checked tracking and my HTGE (a component in my mix) is finally being delivered today. I will probably begin my applications on Monday. I am flat ironing my hair for the weekend :)

Mznelly

Got twist on the 31st here's a little progress on my growth. I am also in the mn challenge

Attachments

• image-4130056151.jpg
    image-4130056151.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 46

Mznelly

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
Mznelly Do you alternate nights of application? Do you put one atop the other? How do you handle both growth aids?

I usually apply my mn in the morning and my sulfur mix at night.. My sulfur mix is thick not really runny maybe because I'm using 4oz of jbco so by morning time it's fully absorbed into my scalp. The extra jbco In my sulfur mix also combats the dryness that people occasionally experience with mn. When I take my braids out i will reconsider this system and most likely put is my mn with mt which is a favorite of mine

DominicanBrazilian82

Mznelly said:
I usually apply my mn in the morning and my sulfur mix at night.. My sulfur mix is thick not really runny maybe because I'm using 4oz of jbco so by morning time it's fully absorbed into my scalp. The extra jbco In my sulfur mix also combats the dryness that people occasionally experience with mn. When I take my braids out i will reconsider this system and most likely put is my mn with mt which is a favorite of mine

Having braids makes doing these challenges that much easier. No need to worry about style, protective style, etc. Sweet.

Evo-ny

Semi checking in! Just relaxed my hair, so I gotta wait before I jump back in.

Even after waiting a long time and doing some thorough washes after my last application almost 2 weeks ago, the relaxer still tingled on contact. Washed it out super fast!!

KaramelDiva1978

I am six weeks post relaxer and 4 weeks into application and my new growth is incredibly soft. Still co-washing with WEN shampooing every two weeks with a sulfate-free shampoo. So far, so good, I cannot wait to see the results. I may go another 4 weeks on this. Not going to push it, I usually have the relaxer "itch" something terrible by week 8-9.

I am going to start applying to my daughter's hair in two weeks. I hadn't started because she goes to her dad's house every two weeks and at 10 years old is pretty much on her own to do her hair, so less is more for her.

Happy hair growth ladies!!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Semi checking in! Just relaxed my hair, so I gotta wait before I jump back in.

Even after waiting a long time and doing some thorough washes after my last application almost 2 weeks ago, the relaxer still tingled on contact. Washed it out super fast!!

Do you prep your relaxers by basing your scalp?

Atdow71

I'm finally back home and able to join ths challenge. I just made my mixture & I'm going to apply & baggy.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Did a henndigo treatment yesterday and moisturized my NG. Today I'm applying my mix and doing a nice long massage.

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
Flat ironed my hair Friday morning and was pleased with my results. Now I am back to my applications.

Also took an updated photo and compared it to my photo taken in 8/2012. It is not the best comparison as in 8/2012 my hair had been braided and in 9/2012 it was flat ironed but I can tell that I got good growth last month.

Today I braided my hair in singles and will be back to wigging it.

DominicanBrazilian82

Ok... So I made my mix...

1 oz HTGE (Vanilla Pound Cake)
1 oz JBCO
1 oz WGO
1 oz Jojoba Oil
.5 Tsp of SSP

I like making smaller batches until I'm comfortable with what I'm doing. So I just cut the entire recipe in half.

Applying... Now!
Quick question: Will it mix better as it sits? I've been shaking the hell outta my applicator bottle, but its not completely dissolved. TIA

A plus... My entire mix smells like Vanilla Pound Cake :lick: :lick:

Mznelly

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
Ok... So I made my mix...

1 oz HTGE (Vanilla Pound Cake)
1 oz JBCO
1 oz WGO
1 oz Jojoba Oil
.5 Tsp of SSP

I like making smaller batches until I'm comfortable with what I'm doing. So I just cut the entire recipe in half.

Applying... Now!
Quick question: Will it mix better as it sits? I've been shaking the hell outta my applicator bottle, but its not completely dissolved. TIA

A plus... My entire mix smells like Vanilla Pound Cake :lick: :lick:

Nope you just need to give it a real good shake every application

freckledface

I'm going on 10 weeks post and I have to say it again I love this stuff! My new growth is so soft. I said I'd only go to 10 weeks but I'm just gonna keep stretching til... Idk lol. I got a piece of shed hair and stretchedit along my finger. It's to my about half the length of my finger. I was like WOAAHHHH LOL. I wish I took pics from when I trimmed my hair in Sept. But I'm pretty sure ill have it all back by the time I relax. (Fingers crossed)