No Buy Bootcamp Challenge

La Colocha

After my binge today i seriously need an intervention. . This challenge will be for 1 month may 30th- june 30th. You can replenish your staples or if you run out of product such as (shampoo,conditoner,etc) Holidays are pass days just to make it a litte easier. If i can get at least a few people to join me i will continue this. If not then i will try it on my own. Anyone with me:look:

Holiday pass days-
May 25th- Memorial Day
June 21st- Fathers Day

Eta: I edited the challenge and took out names this is open, for those who are continuing from april first there is still the memorial day pass. Anyone new who is interested the start date is may 30th end date june 30th. With june 21st still for the fathers day pass.

Last edited:

TexturedTresses

Sounds good to me. I'm trying to use everything up and only replace one type of something I really like. Then I'm going to switch to my homemade stuff and really cheap stuff.

Denise11

I'm about to order some stuff. But after I get them, I'm with you. I need to stop spending so much now. I'm not really a pj anymore. I'm just buying a few additives now (Oat and wheat proteins).

baddison

natural for good
Uuummmm....what are the penalties....'cause I'll just havta get started on those from the get go....LMAO:lachen::lachen:

I'll be watching this thread with interest..:yep:....Good Luck participants!!!

Junebug D

I'm thinking about it. I have so much stuff to use up as it is. Plus I've been trying to stick with the same products week-by-week to give them a chance to be effective. But on the other hand I did fail the monthly challenge that time, heh... :look:

La Colocha

Uuummmm....what are the penalties....'cause I'll just havta get started on those from the get go....LMAO:lachen::lachen:

I'll be watching this thread with interest..:yep:....Good Luck participants!!!

Thanks baddison. I know ladies its a rough road. I feel so bad sometimes i really can't buy all the things i want. I have to save money. It's just that way. Even if i can only get 2 people with me that's ok. At least i won't be alone.

Ivy Santolina

You are not alone! Count me in! Actually, I'm already doing a personal challenge for the rest of this year. If I find something new (usually online) that I want then I add the link to my "Things I Want To Buy" bookmark folder. So far so good, I haven't given in to that whisper.

La Colocha

You are not alone! Count me in! Actually, I'm already doing a personal challenge for the rest of this year. If I find something new (usually online) that I want then I add the link to my "Things I Want To Buy" bookmark folder. So far so good, I haven't given in to that whisper.

Thanks ivy. I will add names on the 31st of march.

MsChelle

La Colocha, COUNT ME IN!!! I didn't really accept that I am a PJ til I joined this board. Do you know I bought three different conditioners this weekend...??? What is wrong with me?? This may be the intervention that I need. :yep:

MissRissa

man count me in. i had already started at the beginning of this month on a personal no buy till june. I'm about to stock up on like 5 items on friday, when i get paid. after that no buying until July. my original plan was till june but looking at what i have, im good. this has seriously got to be some type of sickness.

IrrationalThoughts

I am in. I keep saying when I get my tax refund I am going the distance and buying all the stuff I have been wanting. I know better, since i have so much that is only half used.

BotanyGrl

I'll join... just went on my re-up binge so I won't need anything anyway. Now I just need to make sure I stay out of the hair aisles at the stores I frequent.

Butterfly08

I'm in too! :up: I'm already doing my Shop Your Stash challenge but it ends this month so this is perfect timing. The only purchase I see in the future is another FHI flat iron for my birthday in May. I should be good on products for the next 3 months. Well the next 3 years actually. :look:

Aggie

After my binge today i seriously need an intervention. And 1 month is not going to cut it. This challenge will be for 3 months april 1- june 30th. You can replenish your staples or if you run out of product such as (shampoo,conditoner,etc) Holidays are pass days just to make it a litte easier. If i can get at least a few people to join me i will continue this. If not then i will try it on my own. Anyone with me:look:.

Okay Colocha, I'm in. I want to do this with you as I too am trying to save some money and use up the products I still have which incidently will probably take me about 3 or 4 years to use up:grin:. I will only stick with replacing my beloved AO HSR and ayurveda powders and oils if I run out in that time, which I doubt I will. The cowash challenge I'm in will help me get through some of the conditioners I've had for some time now. I just don't want to run out of my ayurveda stuff:nono:, not just yet anyway...

I'd recommend adding the names of the challengers to your original post though so we'll know who's in it so far...just a suggestion.

SherylsTresses

This would be hard for me. What has helped me was taking inventory and placing all products onto a spreadsheet. Now it doesn't make (financial) sense for me to purchase a shampoo when I already have:

Moisturizing
Color-treated
Dry & Itchy
Detangling
Clarifying
So now I say NO when I see the latest rave for a shampoo

I also have the following product lines:
Keracare
Nexxus
Nexxus Phyto Organics
Neutrogena Triple Moisture
So now I say NO when I hear of another con, DC, leave-in, moisturizer, etc.

Product lines I have rejected bcuz of this spreadsheet are:
Organix Coconut Milk
Carol's Daughter

I have tons and tons of other products though (oils, leave-ins, serums, honey, heat protectants, protein treatments, etc.)

I'm always referring to my spreadsheet when I want to purchase a product. I would like go shopping, see products, carry them around with me and put them back when I get close to the register for checkout. Now I am learning to keep my money in my pocket!!! :grin::yep:

Last edited:

xyra

This challenge is just what I need. Please add me as well. During this past month alone I have spent at least $80 on new hair products. It's getting out of hand and I never would have thought I would do something like that. I'll be returning my last two purchases and continue using the products that I already own. However, tomorrow I am going to buy some of the Aussie Moist line since I have used it before with good results. Other than that, no more, lol.

Quick clarification though, does this no buy challenge include styling tools such as flat irons and dryers? I will need to purchase these when I take my braids down in May. And also, are we only allowed to restock on current products on Holiday pass days?

Thank you. I am really looking forward to this challenge:)