No Buy Bootcamp Challenge

La Colocha

Glad to see you all. Im sticking to my reggie and only using a few products and im liking it. I really hope this helps me curb my ways so far im feeling good about this and not fiening.

sydwrites

I'm still here, I was doing good. Just looking when I went to the store. Was only planning to buy some ez combs with the pass ($8 with coupon) then folica went and had a sale easter weekend and I bought a new flat-iron. Oh well hopefully I can make it past the next holiday without getting anything, I had been getting used to just using what I got so I didnt have order any more actual hair products.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
I'm still going strong too, using up my products and everything :yay:. It was hard for a minute...

La Colocha

Hi ladies how is everyone? I have finally decided on a reggie for my hair and im going to stick to it for this challenge, hopefully this will become permanent. I just wanted to share with you all, im really happy about this because i have been through so many products. Now i have settled on a few basics and im going to use them up. I have never used up a whole product before except for conditioner:look:.

Maracujá

It's gettin' really hard...I just visited the Hairveda site, I know I shouldn't, I have money on paypal, you can pay there with paypal...I almost ordered :(.

morehairplease

Count me out ladies. Due to the utter chaos with our move, I was unable to purchase the relaxer items that I needed for my touch up during the week of the pass. Things have since calmed down and I was finally able to get to the bss to purchase my relaxer items. I wish everyone success with this challenge and hopefully I will be able to jump back in the next go round.

xyra

Things are going well here. Haven't had the urge to purchase anything new. However, I've decided to take my braids down in a couple weeks when this semester is over (about two weeks earlier than originally planned) and I still need a good clarifying shampoo and leave in conditioner. Since I work a weekend shift (32 hours in two days), I won't be able to use the Mother's Day pass. I could use the Memorial's Day pass, but I really want to clarify immediately after I take my braids down.

I'll give an update with my decision, but if I have to make a purchase, I'll have to do my own personal challenge of no more products afterwards.

Hope everyone else is staying strong:)

La Colocha

Things are going well here. Haven't had the urge to purchase anything new. However, I've decided to take my braids down in a couple weeks when this semester is over (about two weeks earlier than originally planned) and I still need a good clarifying shampoo and leave in conditioner. Since I work a weekend shift (32 hours in two days), I won't be able to use the Mother's Day pass. I could use the Memorial's Day pass, but I really want to clarify immediately after I take my braids down.

I'll give an update with my decision, but if I have to make a purchase, I'll have to do my own personal challenge of no more products afterwards.

Hope everyone else is staying strong:)

Still here xyra, i have found my staples and im sticking to them. I do have urges sometimes but they pass. Ive gone from using alot of products down to only using a few.

La Colocha

How is everyone doing? Im still here mother's day will be here soon. Im still sticking to my staples but im looking for a new shampoo. That ors aloe poo is taking too much of my hair out:nono:. For my list for mothers day im jumping on the gallon sizes of my jessicurl. Im happy i have my staples, is the pj monster dead?:look: In time we shall see.

sydwrites

I'm trying to stay strong, I waliked around a bss today I guess just to torture myself, but I didnt buy. I'm eagerly awaiting the mother's day pass, I shouldnt get anything but I think I want to color my hair so I need to decide what color I want and how much i'm willing to spend. Hold strong ladies!

La Colocha

I'm trying to stay strong, I waliked around a bss today I guess just to torture myself, but I didnt buy. I'm eagerly awaiting the mother's day pass, I shouldnt get anything but I think I want to color my hair so I need to decide what color I want and how much i'm willing to spend. Hold strong ladies!

I know its hard. I really need a new shampoo for this weekend but im scared, i can't just go some where full of products and not come out with alot of things. :sad:

Aggie

I am doing pretty good considering I typically buy stuff every week and not just one or two items either...I usually buy a LOTTA stuff almost every week and last week I bought 1 Fanatasia IC styling hair gel - the pink one that I didn't have, sorry, I slipped again. Wow, I love these gels!

La Colocha

I am doing pretty good considering I typically buy stuff every week and not just one or two items either...I usually buy a LOTTA stuff almost every week and last week I bought 1 Fanatasia IC styling hair gel - the pink one that I didn't have, sorry, I slipped again. Wow, I love these gels!

Rub it in aggie:lachen:. Im glad you find things that work for you. Now i never seen the pink one before. I know this is so wrong up in this thread but does it dry crunchy?:look:

Maracujá

Hi ladies. I'm still going strong, it's really not easy, which is weird because when I open my cabinet filled with hair products, it's almost like buying new products: plenty of products and some of them I've never used before.

Butterfly08

I SERIOUSLY forgot about this challenge! :lol: I'll have to think hard, but I don't recall buying anything. Wait, I did get some oils and raspberry con, but I can't remember if this was before it started. It's been at least a couple months.

La Colocha

I SERIOUSLY forgot about this challenge! :lol: I'll have to think hard, but I don't recall buying anything. Wait, I did get some oils and raspberry con, but I can't remember if this was before it started. It's been at least a couple months.

Where have you been lady its good to see you. Now for the lashing:lachen:How could you forget about us:rolleyes: hmmm:lachen:. That's ok sometimes i forget or try to forget myself:look:. Ill try to keep the thread bumped more often.

SherylsTresses

Hi ladies. I'm still going strong, it's really not easy, which is weird because when I open my cabinet filled with hair products, it's almost like buying new products: plenty of products and some of them I've never used before.

Maracujá, are you texlaxed? I'm trying to transition but my hair is breaking at demarcation line. I really need some help since my hair is back at BSL. :wallbash:

Aggie

Rub it in aggie:lachen:. Im glad you find things that work for you. Now i never seen the pink one before. I know this is so wrong up in this thread but does it dry crunchy?:look:

You know I have all of them I think - the green one, the blue one, the clear one and now the pink one with extra hold and none of them dry crucnchy to me because they are alcohol free. They all have a pretty good hold though.

Maracujá

Maracujá, are you texlaxed? I'm trying to transition but my hair is breaking at demarcation line. I really need some help since my hair is back at BSL. :wallbash:

No, I am 100% natural, the pic in my siggy is when I flat ironed for the first time after one year of no heat. Good luck to you!

La Colocha

Hi ladies(sigh) i failed:look: i could not help it, i got an offer from my daddy that i could not refuse. Sorry i let yall down but i could not hold on any longer. If anyone is still interested in doing this let me know and ill keep bumping this and try again but if im not alone in this boat let me know and this thread can die. Thanks to those who have came back and gave support.

Aggie

Hi ladies(sigh) i failed:look: i could not help it, i got an offer from my daddy that i could not refuse. Sorry i let yall down but i could not hold on any longer. If anyone is still interested in doing this let me know and ill keep bumping this and try again but if im not alone in this boat let me know and this thread can die. Thanks to those who have came back and gave support.

I came crashing down too LC. I bought 3 Joico conditioners and a Joico shampoo all on sale for $6 each - IN THE BAHAMAS!!! UNHEARD OF. I really didn't want to wait and go back only to find they were all gone. I truly deserved to be punished:nono::wallbash:, but at least I don't think I'll be needing my Mother's day pass cause I used it already:look:.