No Buy Challenge feb09-mar09

La Colocha

Only one week left ladies countdown to freedom. Saturday the 28th at midnight. My list has changed i only want a jar of hollywood beauty olive cream and i want to try lustrasilk shea butter. This is a good sign for me that my pj ism is calming down. I will be glad when i get to the day where i don't want to buy anything new. How is everyone doing?

ShaniKeys

I was thinking about this challenge while at work today, I'm very proud of myself lol. As you know I'm on a 6mths no buy challenge so this is def only the beginning, but I'm doing great. I have no desire to buy whatsoever for now, I'm wearing braids anyway so that helps :lol:

Ivy Santolina

Only one week left ladies countdown to freedom. Saturday the 28th at midnight. My list has changed i only want a jar of hollywood beauty olive cream and i want to try lustrasilk shea butter. This is a good sign for me that my pj ism is calming down. I will be glad when i get to the day where i don't want to buy anything new. How is everyone doing?

Yep - I was thinking today how there's less than 1 week left. I'm so proud of myself and every one else. I expected my things to try list to continue growing but mine shrunk too. Now, I only want to try a Mason Pearson detangling comb and methi/fenugreek powder.

I was thinking about this challenge while at work today, I'm very proud of myself lol. As you know I'm on a 6mths no buy challenge so this is def only the beginning, but I'm doing great. I have no desire to buy whatsoever for now, I'm wearing braids anyway so that helps :lol:

I told my friends at dinner on Friday about this forum and the things I've been doing to my hair. They all think I'm crazy. I confessed to them about my PJism and they all were 100% sure I'm crazy. I told them about this challenge and they were shocked that there are other people like me who are PJ's. So that was my opportunity to tell them that I was thinking of not buying any more hair products for the rest of the year. They about fell out of their seats when I told them I had about a year's supply of hair products. I didn't tell them about the box of stuff I ordered in Jan that's coming from Oregon. I was already the butt of their jokes for the rest of the evening.

So to prove to them how serious I was I made up a contract that I wasn't going to buy any more hair products for the rest of the year and signed it in front of them. Two of my friends signed it as witnesses. One added to the contract that if I bought any thing they get to choose a page in my hair journal and destroy it. I cherish my hair journal. It's my Precious.

2-weeks ago I misplaced my Precious and couldn't find it for a week. My SO told my friends that during that time he couldn't do anything right. I didn't realize that not being able to find my journal affected the way I treated him. :sad:

I told my SO he's buying me a Mason Pearson comb for my B-day (July). The fenugreek seeds I'll ingest as a nutritional supplement [insert evil laugh here].

La Colocha

Yep - I was thinking today how there's less than 1 week left. I'm so proud of myself and every one else. I expected my things to try list to continue growing but mine shrunk too. Now, I only want to try a Mason Pearson detangling comb and methi/fenugreek powder.

I told my friends at dinner on Friday about this forum and the things I've been doing to my hair. They all think I'm crazy. I confessed to them about my PJism and they all were 100% sure I'm crazy. I told them about this challenge and they were shocked that there are other people like me who are PJ's. So that was my opportunity to tell them that I was thinking of not buying any more hair products for the rest of the year. They about fell out of their seats when I told them I had about a year's supply of hair products. I didn't tell them about the box of stuff I ordered in Jan that's coming from Oregon. I was already the butt of their jokes for the rest of the evening.

So to prove to them how serious I was I made up a contract that I wasn't going to buy any more hair products for the rest of the year and signed it in front of them. Two of my friends signed it as witnesses. One added to the contract that if I bought any thing they get to choose a page in my hair journal and destroy it. I cherish my hair journal. It's my Precious.

2-weeks ago I misplaced my Precious and couldn't find it for a week. My SO told my friends that during that time he couldn't do anything right. I didn't realize that not being able to find my journal affected the way I treated him. :sad:

I told my SO he's buying me a Mason Pearson comb for my B-day (July). The fenugreek seeds I'll ingest as a nutritional supplement [insert evil laugh here].

Good job ivy im proud of you too. Ive heard alot about the mason pearson combs and brushes. Those brushes are way too expensive,im like dang did the man kill the boar with his bare hands to make those bad boys or what:lachen:. My list is fluctuating i want hollywood beauty olive cream. the lustrasilk cholestrol and now i want to try herbal essencess none of your frizziness line they have shampoo conditioner and a leave in. Im still loving my afroveda but i have nothing else to use, i threw all my products out. I want something to rotate with the afroveda to save money. That's a serious contract you signed, but if i find other productsthat work also i might just stock up on staples and do the same. Have a good day we now have 6 days left to go.

ShaniKeys

Oh waw, a whole year. Very brave of you, we need to support each other then:yep:.

Last night I dreamed that I was going to a BSS looking for the Pantene R&N Breakage conditioning mask:look:

:lachen:

Ivy Santolina

Good job ivy im proud of you too. Ive heard alot about the mason pearson combs and brushes. Those brushes are way too expensive,im like dang did the man kill the boar with his bare hands to make those bad boys or what:lachen:. My list is fluctuating i want hollywood beauty olive cream. the lustrasilk cholestrol and now i want to try herbal essencess none of your frizziness line they have shampoo conditioner and a leave in. Im still loving my afroveda but i have nothing else to use, i threw all my products out. I want something to rotate with the afroveda to save money. That's a serious contract you signed, but if i find other productsthat work also i might just stock up on staples and do the same. Have a good day we now have 6 days left to go.

I know what you mean about the price. If I didn't see such good reviews about them I would accuse MP of highway robbery. But, that's why I told my SO now. He has until July to save the money. I haven't told him the exact price yet. I just said they're freaking expensive. I've learned to give him little bits of info at a time.

Kay.Dee

is everyone hanging in there?
I did buy one bag of hair to finish my twists but I considered that a replacement and I couldn't look crazy
Other than that this is the best I've done
I think I'll be joining a No Buy in March too. I really don't need anything, I want to curb my impulse spending

La Colocha

is everyone hanging in there?
I did buy one bag of hair to finish my twists but I considered that a replacement and I couldn't look crazy
Other than that this is the best I've done
I think I'll be joining a No Buy in March too. I really don't need anything, I want to curb my impulse spending

Still going strong only 3 days and some hours left. It'll be a piece of cake. I have a few things on my wish list but other than that im done being a pj.

Nya33

Im still hanging in just! Work is keeping me busy! I realise it is possible to do this ive been using my stash instead of buying something new. I am so looking forward to my reward!

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
I did it! Whew..It was easier than I thought..Today is my Bday ladies so I came to get my early LHCF fix. Thanks to all those who participated in this challenge.

La Colocha

I'm so proud for hanging in there:grin:

Im proud of you too shani. Its almost over when i take a nap and get up we should be done:lachen:. I take long naps. Do you know what you are going to do for your reward? I saved up $422.50:look: to send to my mom. That is the cost of all the products that i wanted to buy on this challenge. When i wanted to buy something i just stuck the money in an envelope. This has not only helped me to save money to help her, it lets me see what i might spend in a month on hair products and that is way too much.

vslady

I'm in my pjs about to hit the sack. I made it!!! Thanks OP for the challenge, a great idea and much needed. I really have too much stuff but fear I may have a major binge in March.:blush: Maybe we should do another month to really build stamina.:look:

La Colocha

I'm in my pjs about to hit the sack. I made it!!! Thanks OP for the challenge, a great idea and much needed. I really have too much stuff but fear I may have a major binge in March.:blush: Maybe we should do another month to really build stamina.:look:

Vs i don't know about another month:look:. I need some things i know my conditioner is almost gone. I might do a aftermath thread to help curb some major binging. The pj monster always wants to rear its head after a challange. We can still support each other:yep:.

La Colocha

The challenge is over thank you to all of you who participated and thank you all for the support. I was trying to stay up until midnight and fell asleep. Dh was like are you waiting for santa to come:lachen:. All of you take care and thanks again.

Mandy4610

I did not buy any products during this challenge, but I did buy rollers and headbands:nono:
So in some ways I made it:rolleyes: I think...right?:look:

Can we do another month, just to give me a chance to redeem myself?

Amethyst85

We made it!!! :dance7: It went by really quickly but I don't think i can last another month. I finally finished off loads of products so now my storage box looks empty and needs refilling.

Good luck to those doing personal challenges!

La Colocha

I did not buy any products during this challenge, but I did buy rollers and headbands:nono:
So in some ways I made it:rolleyes: I think...right?:look:

Can we do another month, just to give me a chance to redeem myself?

Mandy its ok you made it girl. I don't know about another month:look:. i have to restock some stuff and i want to try a few products. Don't worry about it you did just fine. What i am doing is watching my money from now on and if i buy something to use it up if its not damaging to my hair.